• Published 13th Jan 2014
  • 7,486 Views, 231 Comments

A new Discord - Galaxy Knight



This isn't a story about a reformed or even a changed Discord, this is what happens when someone gets a hold of Discord's powers. Contains many references to TV, anime, video games, movies etc.

  • ...
45
 231
 7,486

Nightmare saga: The super race

Author's Note:

Wow, you guys really don't like power rangers do you? Pretty much every comment I got last chapter was about how the Power Rangers thing was bad. Well suck it up cause they'll be making at least two more appearances in this story. For now, rikusorasephiroth this chapter goes out to you.

Chapter 11

Three days. I honestly can’t believe that nothing has happened for three days, at least anything out of the ordinary. Sure Twilight had her little freak out, finally, which means that “Luna Eclipsed” is coming soon but nothing really extraordinary has happened that warranted my attention or was so severe that I needed to intervene. I couldn’t even use my VR room because I had to wait for a few days for my injuries to heal by themselves so I just stayed at home helping Screwball with school, and going to visit Luna from time to time while her nightmares persisted.

On the night of the third day when I fell asleep I was walking in my dream world and felt like speaking to Luna. I searched all around but couldn’t find her anywhere.

“Luna, Luna! Where are you?”

While I was walking I smacked into something hard and fell to the ground. As I rubbed the spot on my head that was hit I looked forward and saw nothing but a lush open field. I got up and put my arms in front of me and as I felt into the open air I felt something hard touch my hands, I pushed forward a bit and suddenly the air around my hands started to ripple and the image of the field became distorted.

“Wow, it’s like some kind of hidden portal or doorway. If someone went to the trouble of putting it here, it would be wrong for me not to enter it.”

I pushed forward and completely walked through the hidden doorway. When I got out all I could see in front of me was blackness with a few clusters of white clouds scattered all across the horizon.

“Where am I? What is this place?”

I walked on the non-existent ground and as I passed the white clouds I could hear little tidbits of conversation and laughter and saw quick flashes of images. It took me a few minutes but I managed to piece the problem together.

“Hold on, I was dreaming and I passed through some kind of wall into a dark zone where I can see other ponies in just brief flashes. Is it possible that I’ve gone into that dreamscape Luna talks about? Is this the ethereal realm where all dreams reside?”

After a bit more walking I came across not a cloud but a door with a crescent moon on it, acting like a form of identification. I suspected this was Luna’s dream because it was more protected probably due to her increased skills with these powers.

“Luna did say she was having nightmares, time for some answers why.”

I walked up to the door but the second I tried to turn the knob chains appeared and blocked me off from the door.

“Is she kidding me? Sure, chains my keep an ordinary pony out but I’m the guy who can transform matter with a thought.”

I put two fingers on the chains and with a little magic they changed into popcorn and fell to the floor. I picked one up and put it in my mouth to taste.

“Hm, could use a little less salt but still not bad.”

With the locks gone I went for the door again and this time it opened completely. When I stepped inside I took in my surroundings; I was in midair above Ponyville during the middle of the day, everything seemed bright and colorful but when I looked down at my own arms they looked greyscale.

“I don’t get it, why would she be having nightmares about this?” I pondered.

“HA!”

There was a shout in the distance, when I turned towards it I saw a large blue energy beam coming at me but I couldn’t move to avoid it.

“Ah, now I get why she’s scared.” I didn’t have to stand there long as I was soon enveloped by the energy and felt a burning sensation overtake me as I slowly disintegrated.

I rose up from my bed quickly and in fright, breathing heavily from what I had just seen.

“No wonder she’s having trouble sleeping, that’s enough to make anypony not want to sleep for a little while at least.”

I’d have to ask her about it later, but the sun had come up and it was time for me to start my day. I got dressed, had breakfast, sent Screwball to school, then I decided to walk around town and see if there was anything for me to do. As I walked I saw Tilted standing in the middle of the road painting something on a large easel. I decided to go over and talk to him.

“Good morning Tilted.”

“Ah!” He said loudly, clearly startled by my greeting. “Oh hello Will, don’t scare me like that, you’ll mess up my painting.”

“Sorry, but you’re in the middle of a fairly busy road shouldn’t you expect to be bothered by ponies just a little bit?” I wondered.

He dipped his paintbrush in paint with his magic and went back to painting without even looking at me. “Nah, I’m usually that one guy that nobody wants to talk to because he’s too weird so I’m used to the solitude.”

That thought was a bit depressing. “Well that’s a bit sad. In any case, what are you painting?”

“Actually I’m just practicing right now, I haven’t had much time to paint since I got to Ponyville and I need a little practice before I can paint some more complicated things. Right now I’m trying to paint the sky but there’s this one cloud up there that’s messing up the entire picture.”

I looked at his painting and saw a deep blue sky with a single white cloud in it, and then I looked up and saw that same cloud but it was accompanied by a soft snoring sound.

“Oh great it’s snoring; now it’ll never get out of here.” Tilted complained

“I don’t think that’s the cloud. It’s just a theory but…” I snapped my fingers to summon ice cubes but when I did nothing happened. I tried a couple more times but it didn’t work. “Really? I can make twelve ton giant metal robots but when I want some ice cubes you won't give it to me? Fine, I’ll have to try something else.” I cupped my hands around my mouth preparing to shout. “Hey Pinkie!”

Suddenly Pinkie popped out of nowhere. “What?”

“Do you have any ice cubes I can borrow?”

“Sure here you go.” She stuck out her hoof and there were three ice cubes on them. I picked them up and thanked her.

“Thanks Pinkie.”

“No problem.”

With that she bounced off and disappeared from sight. I knew that Rainbow Dash was taking a nap up there so I decided to use these ice cubes to wake her up. I threw the ice cubes at the small cloud and it absorbed them.

“I don’t understand, what are you…” Tilted started to say.

”Wait for it.”

Within a minute the cloud started to shiver and shrink, then it fell to the ground as water, taking Rainbow with it. She hit the ground with a thud and soon was hit on the head by the cold water. Tilted and I found this funny and we both started laughing uproariously, much to Rainbow’s dismay.

“What’s so funny?” She said with anger.

“Nothing much, just giving Tilted here a demonstration in meteorology showing what happens when water molecules come in contact with cold air. The answer is: rain.”

“Grrrgh.” Rainbow Dash growled, clearly not amused by my antics.

“I’m sorry Rainbow I didn’t mean any ill will.” I outstretched my hand. “Put her there.”

“Ugh fine, but you really need to be more careful before your jokes go to…”

Rainbow was interrupted as she grabbed my hand and was electrocuted which caused her feathers to go all poufy. I continued my laughter as I rolled on the ground and clutched my sides but Rainbow was even more furious now. She shook her body so that her feathers went back to normal.

“That’s it pal, you’ve made me mad.” She snorted and smoke came out of her nostrils.

“Take it easy there Dash, no need to get all huffy over a few harmless pranks.”

“I don’t care if their harmless, you keep doing it even when I said to be careful and…and I don’t like how you act around here!” She said scrambling for an answer.

“How I act?” I asked curiously.

“Yeah, you’re always acting like you’re so much better than everypony else and…flaunting your powers all about; well I’m sick of it.”

I looked at her with a questioning stare. “And let me guess you think that somepony needs to put me in my place and you’re the pony for the job?”

She nodded. “That’s right.”

She stared at me and I returned that intense glare as we were only inches from each other.

“All right then, you want to teach me a lesson, what do you suggest?” I asked

“How about I beat you at your own game?”

I scoffed. “And how would you do that exactly? You can’t create matter like me, you don’t know what I know, and you may be a black belt in karate but I have enough skills to take down Canterlot’s entire army.”

“How did you know that I was a black belt in karate?” She asked.

Damn it, I really need to stop letting these things slip. To fix my mistake I decided to go with a reason that seemed very ominous. “I’m all powerful and I see all.”

“I don’t believe you.” She replied dryly.

“Nightmare night is coming in a few weeks.”

“Everypony knows that.” She replied smartly.

“Applejack has a sister who doesn’t have a cutie mark, as does Rarity.”

“A little bit better but you could have found that out earlier.”

“In a few months you will be in the hospital and learn to like books.”

“Ha! Now I know you’re lying, me liking books? Come on dude, get real.” Oh if only she knew how wrong she is; I would laugh in her face right now.

“Anyways I’ve got the perfect competition for us, something that no pony has ever been able to beat me in.” Rainbow flaunted.

To demonstrate she flew up into the air did a few loops which caused the clouds to spin a bit, and then she dived straight down and landed gracefully popping out her wings for added affect.

“Speed.”

“All right that sounds fair, my magic against your speed in a race to the finish. Get everyone together on the far edge of town and we’ll make it an official race.”

“Yeah and that way you won’t cheat.” She said snidely.

“Me, cheat? I’m more worried about you cheating; I know how much you like to win.”

“Yeah, I’m gonna win fair and square and show you just how awesome I really am.”

We walked away from that conversation with a burning desire in our hearts, both of us badly wanted to win and show up each other.

30 minutes later…

We put the start line on the far edge of Ponyville where our friends and several other ponies had gathered to watch the race. Rainbow and I stretched out before we started the race, I was stretching my arms and legs so they didn’t cramp up while I was running which would be very embarrassing.

“Are you still sure you want to do this? There’s a lot more ponies here than before, wouldn’t blame you if you backed out now.” Rainbow said self-assured.

Twilight walked up to the two of us. “Usually I don’t agree with Rainbow’s cockiness, but she does have a point. Sometimes even magic can’t replace pure skill and she’s defiantly proven that she has it, on several occasions.”

“Guys I’m doing this, I said I was going to do it and I’m not backing out now even if the odds are against me.” I turned my attention to Rainbow. “Besides, my arsenal of powers wouldn’t be complete without several speedy characters, several of which can break the sound barrier. If I were you Rainbow I’d be more worried about yourself than me.”

“Whatever man, whenever you’re ready.”

“All right let’s begin than.” I turned around to address the small group of ponies. “Mares and gentlecolts, get ready for the race of the century against two of Ponyville’s stand out citizens: The mare who puts the dash in Rainbow Dash, and the master of chaos: Bedlam!”

The crowd cheered at my address.

“Bedlam?” Rainbow questioned.

“It was a stage name I took once, had a nice ring to it so I decided to keep it.” I went back to the crowd. “Now then here’s how the race will work: Rainbow and I will be racing from here all the way to Canterlot’s mountain, the first one there will be the winner.”

I snapped my fingers and summoned a small flying camera. “This camera will keep track of everything that goes down and project it back here for everypony to see in the form of a hologram. Now if no pony has an objection we will get started.”

Rainbow and I walked to the starting line and were about to take our places until I got interrupted by a pink mare.

“Will! Hey Will, wait!”

I turned around and saw Pinkie running up to me.

“Sorry I was late, I had to do some last minute baking but I’m here now and I want to say good luck.”

I smiled. “Thanks Pinkie, I’ll do my best.” I prepared myself. “And now to change into my speed form!”

Before the race even began I had wondered who I should use to win this race, sure Earth had many speedy people who could probably beat her in a race like The Flash or Superman or Goku, but where’s the fun in that? I want a challenge; I wanted someone who would make me struggle to win and not win super easily.

I snapped my fingers and a puff of smoke appeared around me and enveloped me, when it cleared I gave a thumbs up in my new form: Sonic the Hedgehog. When the transformation was over most of the crowd had their mouths open in surprise, Rainbow on the other hand stifled a giggle.

“Ha ha ha! You’ve got to be kidding me right? That dinky thing doesn’t look anywhere near fast enough to beat me.” She boasted

I just gave her a confident smile and took my place at the starting line. “Trust me; this dinky thing has a few surprises up his sleeves.” I looked and saw that I wasn't wearing a shirt. "If I had sleeves.

We were both set and ready to go when Applejack walked up with a checkered flag in her mouth.

“Now I want a good, clean race from the two ah you, yah got that?”

We both nodded with a serious expression on our faces.

“Alright, ready…”

I felt my legs tense as my heart was pounding at around a mile a minute from the mounting excitement.

“Go!”

The second I heard that word I just ran as fast as I could, which created a small boom and the ponies at the starting line felt a shockwave.

I didn’t even think about where I was going, I just kept running forward as fast as I could without trying to hurt anyone or slam into something. The sensation was…incredible, I had never traveled this fast before but it felt amazing; the wind passing me at such incredible speeds, the sensation of the ground barely touching my feet, the rush of adrenaline as I kept going faster and faster, and the blurry objects that I passed and had no time to figure out what they were. The only thing I could see clearly was Rainbow Dash and we were almost neck in neck.

“How you holding up back there?” Rainbow asked.

“This is one of the greatest things I’ve ever felt! I can see why you like racing so much!” I replied

She nodded and started to speed up and pass me. Once I had a little more control over my speed I began to pick up the pace as well as we moved into the Everfree forest. While the path we were taking was fairly straight I still had to be careful that I didn’t run into a stray tree on the road by side stepping out of the way.

She tried to get ahead of me by flying over the trees so that there would be nothing in her way, I had to keep up with her so I jumped up to the top of a tree and started jumping from branch to branch as quick as I could.

However I wasn’t careful and I tripped on a branch that caught my foot, I tucked my body in to minimize the damage I would take but then I found myself spinning on my spines in a ball form. When I had an idea of what was going on I managed to get out of that ball form by hopping up and started running on my legs again.

“All right, time to put on a show.” I said to myself

I decided to use more of my magic to enhance my speed even further, mimicking Sonic’s speed boost move. As I increased my speed even further a blue trail appeared behind me and I began to catch up to Rainbow Dash. She looked behind her and saw me speeding up so she picked up her own speed as well until a Rainbow Trail began to come out of her tail.

“Oh that won’t be enough to stop me!” I screamed.

I was a few feet behind her now so I decided to try one of Sonic’s most radical moves, I jumped up into the air and used my forward momentum to propel me forward and ram into her, this caused her to slow down a little and I got to catch up to her. I fell back to the ground and now I was ahead of her.

“Hey that’s not fair!” She said.

“Is it?” I said

Now she was angry and she tried to catch up to me by flying above the trees where she didn’t have to dodge any trees, I followed her by using the midair dash to bounce from tree to tree and catch up with her. We both rushed past the forest and eventually reached a lake, I was moving so fast that I was able to run across the water without falling in but for some reason gravity caught up with me and I was pulled down into the murky water.

I began to drift down into the water holding on to what little breath I had at the time.

“What was that? One second I’m doing fine, the next I get pulled underneath. What did I do wrong?”

I tried to swim up but I kept being pulled down, and as I looked down into the dark depths I saw a pair of teal lights appear.

“I’m starting to think it wasn’t my fault that I was dragged down here.”

Then two more pairs of lights appeared next to it and a fourth right next to my leg; I looked closer and saw that they weren’t lights at all, they were eyes, which is about five times worse.

The eyes began to move up closer and closer to the surface of the water, soon we emerged and I sputtered for breath. Once I had a sufficient supply of oxygen and got the water out of my eyes I saw that I was hanging upside down; when I looked up and saw why however I was more than shocked: It was a hydra, probably the same one in “Feeling Pinkie Keen” but it looked different; this one had black scales instead of brown and I’m fairly certain that last time it’s eyes weren’t that color of blue.

If that wasn’t bad enough, it turns out the reason why I saw a pair of eyes so close to me was that it had me in its teeth, and then it threw me up into the air and opened its mouth attempting to eat me. As I came down close to his mouth I reached out my arm and grabbed on to his top lip and managed to pull myself up.

“Never have I been so glad to have hands.” I said relieved I wasn’t going to become lunch. I walked up closer to the hydra’s eyes “Now then, what are you? I know you’re a hydra but something’s different about you, something I can’t quite put my finger on something…” Suddenly a realization dawned on me. “Something I’ve seen before.”

Before I could think about this further the other mouths came at me, I jumped up above one and then cartwheeled out of an others way and then two tried to charge me at once but I dodged them and they got their necks wrapped together.

I stood on one of his heads triumphantly. “Sorry pal, you’re going to try better than that.” I walked up to him and kicked him in one of his eyes and he screamed in pain.

“Whoops, maybe that wasn’t the best idea.”

I jumped off of his mouth but before I could reach the ground one of the other heads head butted me and knocked me to the ground.

“Ow, these things are faster than I thought.”

Before I could get up it pinned me underneath one of its legs which crushed me and held me in place. Thank god he wasn’t using his full weight or I would have been crushed to a pulp, either way it still hurt like hell. One of its mouths moved closer to me, its sharp teeth exposed and looking like it was ready to bite my head off.

“I have to get out of here.”

I snapped my fingers to teleport away but it wasn’t working. I tried to grow larger, turning into a different form, and teleporting away but nothing worked, something was blocking my magic. I struggled to get out but everything I tried failed and as the beast got dangerously close, I closed my eyes and prepared for my death.

“Incoming!”

I heard an all too familiar voice scream from a distance and when the beast hesitated for a second Rainbow Dash came in and kicked him in the cheek so hard he stumbled off my body. I got up as quickly as I could, still feeling a little bit crushed.

“Rainbow, you came back to save me.” I said grateful for her return.

“I figured something was up when I didn’t see you close behind me so I turn around and find out that a hydra is using you to clean his feet.”

I chuckled a bit at her analogy. “Well I’m glad you came when you did, otherwise I would have become hydra chow.”

“RAAAAAAAAAH!” The monster screamed, interrupting our conversation.

“You want to take a break from the race and beat up a hydra?” I asked.

She looked at me incredulously. “Are you serious? You think you can beat a hydra?”

“Maybe, I won’t know until I try but I defiantly know I’ll have a better chance with you by my side. What do you say?”

I held my out my closed fist and looked at her and thankfully she hoof bumped me back.

“All right, let’s bring this thing down!” I said enthusiastically.

We both ran around the hydra as fast as we could, looking for some way to take it down. I tried ramming into it but even at high speeds it was too large to be hurt by it, even my homing attacks on its face wouldn’t cause enough damage to it. As Rainbow looped around it and tried to charge it herself, it moved its neck fast enough to dodge the attack and head butt her and knock her down right next to me.

“Ugh, how is he faster than us?” Rainbow asked.

“I have a feeling that this isn’t a normal hydra, look at its skin and its eyes. I’ve seen those two traits before, like when I fought that shadow griffon a couple of days ago.”

Rainbow nodded. “Yeah, I remember that.”

“Whatever’s causing the changes to these creatures its enhancing them, making them faster and stronger but I still have no idea exactly what’s happening to them.”

“Well that won’t help us now I mean he’s faster than both of us.”

“Yeah, faster than both of us.” But suddenly I had an amazingly cool idea. “But maybe not both of us combined.”

She was confused. “What are you talking about?”

“On that same day as my fight with the shadow griffon you asked me to show you more of those awesome moves, right?”

“Oh yeah! Are you going to shoot your giant beam at it?” She asked

I shook my head. “No, something around here is affecting my magic and stopping me from adding or changing my form, but that’s not what I’m talking about. Among my move set there is a special technique that bonds two people together and combines their attributes into one super being.”

“How would we do that?” She asked.

“Well we simply…” I whispered into her ear my plan, it wasn’t entirely necessary but I felt it built up the suspense.

Rainbow sounded shocked. “No, I am not doing that.”

“Hey it’s the only way we’ll be able to beat him. Look out!” I pulled us out of the way as he tried to swat us with his tail. “Besides if I don’t we’re toast.”

Rainbow put a hoof to her face in frustration. “Ugh, fine but I swear if you tell anypony about this...”

I put my hands up in a defensive manor. “This stays between you and me I promise.”

“Fine, let’s get this over with.”

We took our places parallel to each other prepared to attack.

“All right just follow my lead, ready?”

She nodded and we extended our arms and hooves.

“Fuuuuu-“

We walked closer together and I pulled back a little. “sion-“

“Haaa!”

Our hands and hooves connected and we were enveloped in a bright light. Soon the two bodies of light came together and began to merge into one being. When the light had ceased the new being appeared and he/ she was…a bit odd to say the least: We seemed to have mostly Sonic’s body with rainbow’s color of fur instead of my own, my hair was the same but it stood up a little more and it had rainbow tips at the end, instead of being on my back my wings were on my legs and my feet were replaced with hooves, I had a big bushy tail, thankfully I still had my hands, and my eyes were now magenta.

“Wow this is intense, what are we going to call our self?” We said in that echo voice that fused our two voices together, although I wasn’t sure if it was me or Rainbow talking.

We smirked “Easy, I am Sonic Dash, the fastest thing alive.”

“Sonic Dash? Really?”

“Would you prefer to be called Rainbow the Dashhog?”

“Point taken.” We looked at the beast with new found determination “Now let’s go!”

Our wings spread and we charged into battle, the hydra tried to bite us but we dodged out of his way and punched him in one of his mouths. It hurt him but he quickly regained composure and tried to attack us again, we held him back with a few punches and kicks but he quickly ganged up on us and attacked us all at once. There was nowhere to go and we took the hit full force, losing altitude as we fell. We got a hold of ourselves quickly and stopped our falling.

“Grr! Cyclone slam!”

We thought of a new move and began to literally fly circles around the monster. We began to go faster and faster until the air currents began to pick up and we began to form an air funnel. It slowly got bigger and bigger, eventually it got so big that he began to get picked up by the force and lifted off the ground. While he was in midair we pulled ourselves out of the cyclone and flew to the top and with that same speed we slammed into his stomach and that sent him crashing to the ground.

The vortex stopped and he lay on the ground, seemingly unconscious. We landed on the ground, tired from the battle.

“Well done.” We congratulated our self.

“Thanks, so how do we go back to normal?”

We put our hands behind our head. “One of two ways, the first is that this transformation only lasts for around thirty minutes so we could wait for it to expire. The second is if we run out of energy.”

As we talked to ourselves the monster opened its eyes and raised one of its legs and slashed us with the claws on its foot. This attack was different, before we were expecting to get hurt but this attack was surprising and in our already weakened state it created a large slash mark across our chest. What happened next could only be described as pure unfiltered rage and bloodlust.

“How dare you…HOW DARE YOU! That is it; we are done trying to beat you! We have fought you yet you do not fall, you are trying to kill us for no reason and now we shall do the same! Time to go one step further!”

Using all of my magical power I created the seven chaos emeralds right above my head. They spun around in a circle until they became a ring of light, then that light entered our body and we were transformed: our coat was a solid and pure white, our hair stood up and the tips moved as if they were on fire.

“We are Super Sonic Dash!”

The beast stretched out with its long neck to bite us but before it could hit us we moved out of its way instantaneously, it tried again and the same thing happened. This time when it tried to attack us all at once we created a barrier of golden energy that repelled them no matter how hard they pushed, soon enough they stopped.

“Pathetic.”

We put the energy field down and then I punched the air in front of the heads so hard it created a concussive wave that sent them flying back.

“You have become a thorn in our side and are no longer worth our time. It’s time for us to end you!”

We stuck our hands out and faced one hand to the other, a ball of golden energy began to build up slowly and when it was fully formed it was about the size of a soccer ball.

“Bye bye monster, chaos blast!”

We threw the ball at the monster and as he watched in horror it got closer to him and crashed into his stomach, the resulting explosion looked like a column of white energy that went up higher than the trees, When the explosion was over all that was left of the beast was a burned ring of grass on the ground.

Slowly we floated down to the ground and were enveloped in a white light, and then we were brought back to our original bodies. Dazed from the separation I looked at myself and saw that I still looked like Sonic the Hedgehog.

“Hey Rainbow look we’re back to…wow.”

I looked over at Rainbow trying to stand up and saw that she looked different, she had a white coat and her mane was standing up and it looked like it was on fire.

“Um Rainbow Dash, are you feeling okay?” I asked, concerned for my friends condition.

“Yeah, I feel fine.” She slowly got up on all her hooves and stretched her muscles out. “Actually, I feel great; better than I’ve felt in years, like I could fly a marathon.”

“Well, I think I may have an explanation for that.”

I snapped my fingers and summoned a large stand up mirror and put it in front of Rainbow(On a side note I was glad that my magic was working again) She saw her new appearance and began to study it.

“Wow, I look pretty cool and not that I’m complaining but why did this happen to me?”

I snapped my fingers again and the mirror disappeared. “I think I have an idea, the form you’re in right now looks a lot like my Super Sonic form. Let’s see if it operates roughly the same way, try calming down.”

“All right.”

She closed her eyes and her breathing slowed down and slowly her power began to fade and her body went back to normal.

“Aw man, I felt good when I was like that.” Rainbow complained

“My theory is correct then.”

“What?”

“The fusion technique is risky and I’ve never tried it before, it’s possible that after we separated some of my powers bled into your DNA allowing you to turn into your super form.”

Rainbow stared intently trying to follow my explanation. “Okay, I think I get what you’re saying.”

“All right, you ready to continue with the race?” I asked, getting prepared to start running again.

Rainbow sat in her spot, contemplating something. “No.”

I got out of my ready stance and looked at her confused. “No? What do you mean no? I thought that you really wanted to race and beat me.”

She began to walk away from me. “Not anymore.”

I walked ran forward a bit to catch up with her. “I don’t understand, I thought you wanted to beat me in a race because I was acting like a jerk.”

Rainbow looked at the ground and scratched her hooves on the dirt. “Yeah, that might’ve been a lie.”

I looked at her demanding an explanation. “Mind telling me what this was about then?”

She sighed. “The reason I wanted to race you wasn’t because I wanted to teach you a lesson, I wanted to see if I could beat you at anything.”

“I’m still confused here, you’re the fastest flyer in Equestria why would have to worry about beating little old me?”

“It isn’t just about racing! Think about it Will, in the short time you’ve been here you’ve shown you have more power than maybe even the princesses. You’ve created giant robots, fought with technology none of us have ever seen before, hell you took on a blast from the elements of harmony like it was nothing!”

I walked closer to her. “So what are you saying?”

“Remember the first day you came here? When you explained yourself to us I believed you, I knew you were telling the truth. The reason why I stayed away was because…I was worried about you. Maybe not you as a person but I’m afraid of what you could become and what kind of damage you could do if you were evil like Discord was.”

I looked at her with shock, I had no idea she felt this way. “Rainbow, you know I would never do anything to harm you or any pony else.”

“Then why is it that instead of a hydra here there’s a giant ring of burned grass? I didn’t want to kill him but when we were joined together I felt something, something angry and wild and I think it came from you.”

In that moment I felt everything stop, how could I not realize what I was doing before? Rainbow’s right, I had created giant scary objects, shown powers most people would tremble in fear at, and…I killed two creatures in cold blood. I may have been a little out of control but I could still make this right.

I took Rainbow’s hoof in my hand. “Come with me, there’s something I want to show you.”

“Dude, what are you…”

I transformed into Super Sonic and once I powered up Rainbow turned super as well. In a flash, I flew up into the air with a golden trail behind me, traveling at the speed of light until we hit the upper atmosphere and ended up in space.

“So what do you think of the speed of light?” I asked

Rainbow just floated there in the middle of space, eyes wide open and mouth hanging open from shock. “I…I can’t…I’ve never gone that fast before.” Then she looked out at her surroundings. “Where are we?”

“Welcome to space Rainbow. Where I come from humans have invented ways to travel way up here and explore distant planets, however that technology won’t exist here for a very long time so I decided to show it to you myself.“

“Why did you bring me up here?” She asked.

“To use it as a metaphor.” I pointed my finger out into the emptiness of space. “Imagine that beyond what you can see there’s thousands of stars and planets going on for billions and billions of miles and just when you think you’ve reached the end of the universe you discover something even bigger than you can possibly imagine: The multiverse. Rainbow I’m from an alternate dimension where the things I’ve done would be considered impossible. I’ve been gifted with powers most people only dream of, to bring the greatest creations to life which we couldn’t build on our own.” I sighed. “But with this gift comes a price, I have walked the path of violence once and now I’m stuck there, doomed to always fight to protect what I care about. Second, my mind may be my own but I have the body of Discord which means I am eternal; I will live for hundreds of years after you guys are gone and I’ll just keep losing ponies again and again.”

Rainbow floated there in silence. “That’s heavy stuff man. Why are you telling me this? It’s a bit much to wrap my mind around.”

“Because Rainbow I want you to understand where I’m coming from, if I’m going to live for hundreds of years then I want to make the most of our time here now so that when you guys are gone I’ll have something to look back upon and smile at. I understand that I may go a bit over board sometimes but I’m just trying to make these moments stand out and sometimes I let my emotions get in the way. I promise, I’ll be better from now on and you have nothing to fear from me.”

She smiled, satisfied with my answer. “Alright, let’s go home.”

I nodded and used my super speed to bring us back down to the earth but we’d end up some place different.

Meanwhile, ponies back in Ponyville waited impatiently for their two racers to return.“Where could they be? It shouldn’t have taken them this long to finish the race.” Twilight wondered, concerned for her friends safety.

“Don’t worry Twilight I’m sure they’ll be back soon.” Applejack comforted.

As they waited they didn’t see a giant glowing ball of golden energy passing the sky.

“Look look, up in the sky!” Pinkie pointed to the glowing ball.

“It’s a meteor.” One pony shouted.

“Actually given that energy trail it’s more likely a comet.” Twilight corrected.

“It’s a nerd.” Some other pony said pointing at Twilight.

“It’s headed straight for us!” Pinkie shouted. “AAAAAAAHHHHHH! Any pony else wanna panic with me? No, okay. AAAAAAAHHHHHH!”

The energy ball came closer and closer to the town until it was right over head, thankfully it didn’t hit anypony as it crashed to the ground and left a small crater.

Ponies looked in that crater and saw the two figures that they were waiting for emerge from the smoke, me in my human form and Rainbow Dash.

“Alright, I told you I could get us back to town quickly.” I boasted.

“Yeah but I didn’t think it involved us crashing to the ground in a ball of energy and scaring everypony half to death.” Rainbow replied

“Aw come on, those faces were priceless. How could I pass those up?”

We both climbed out of the crater where we were met with cheers.

“Guys, you’re back!” Pinkie jumped up to us excited and wrapped us both up in a hug that felt like it was crushing me.

“Pinkie, you’re crushing us.” I breathed out.

“Oh sorry.”

She let go and I was finally able to catch my breath.

“What happened to you both?” Twilight asked

“You mean you didn’t see?” I questioned.

“No, the camera cut out about twenty minutes in when you guys were passing the bogs of the Everfree forest.”

“So she didn’t see what happened with the hydra? Good, I don’t want her to be scared of me, or any pony else to be scared for that matter.” “Well let’s just say when we passed the bog we had a problem with hydration and we took care of it.” I said, laughing at my own little joke.

“But who won the race?” Twilight asked

Since we didn’t officially finish the race I had to make something up. “We tied.”

Twilight looked surprised. “A tie? Rainbow would never let a race end in a tie.”

“Well this was a special case; anyways, we’d better be off, have a great day everypony.” Rainbow said

Both Rainbow and I opened our wings and flew up into the air and away from the town square. As we flew she struck up a conversation.

“You know, we never did finish that race.” She said

“Like I said to them, I think it would have ended with a tie.”

“Nah, I’m pretty sure I’d beat you.”

“Oh really?” I pointed the index and middle fingers on my right hand at her and transferred a bit of magic causing her to transform into her super form. “Well then would you care to explain to them how this happened.”

“Hey you were the one responsible for this, it’s only your magic that gets me to transform into this.”

“Still you helped me kill a hydra so how about this? You admit that it would have been a tie and I won’t tell anybody about what happened in that forest and I’ll teach you how to use your super form.”

She was confused. “Are you blackmailing me?”

“Maybe, do you disagree with my conditions?”

“Will I be able to do some of the cool stuff that you did?”

“Yes.”

“Alright then, I guess I’m in.”

We bumped our appendages as a sign of agreement.

“Whenever you want training come to me and I’ll see if I can work it into my schedule. For now I’m pooped, see you later.”

The rest of the day was fairly uneventful; I ate, picked up Screwball from school and thought nothing else really eventful would happen that day. Then I went to sleep…and that night would start a chain of events causing lives to change forever, a domino effect going from pony to pony for years to come.