• Published 13th Jan 2014
  • 7,486 Views, 231 Comments

A new Discord - Galaxy Knight



This isn't a story about a reformed or even a changed Discord, this is what happens when someone gets a hold of Discord's powers. Contains many references to TV, anime, video games, movies etc.

  • ...
45
 231
 7,486

Prologue to dimensions

Chapter 19

It’s been two days since I came across that vampire enclave, they were cool and welcomed me with open arms so I felt no reason to tell of their existence to Celestia or Luna. As long as they remained covert we wouldn’t have any problems.

I had sent Screwball to school and then went back to bed because… well it was eight in the morning and if I didn’t have to be up I didn’t want to be. Unfortunately, the universe isn’t kind like that and I heard a loud knocking from the front door. I got up reluctantly to answer it.

“God, doesn’t anypony in this town sleep until ten in the morning?” I groaned.

I opened the door only to find…Twilight at my door, great. I don’t know whether it’s because she’s curious about me, she’s concerned about me (or a little bit of both) but I seem to be seeing a lot of her, more so than even Pinkie Pie. Now I don’t mind it, she’s great, but you don’t normally come around this frequently unless you want something.

“Good morning Twilight, what can I do for you this fine morning?” I said with as much fake enthusiasm as I could muster.

“Actually, it’s the princess who wants to speak with you.”

“Since when did you become a princess?”

I internally laughed at my own joke, which would come… in time.

“No, I meant I have a letter from the princess.” She used her magic to reach into her saddlebag and pulled out a finely wrapped scroll. “They have a direct line 0to my mailbox and I guess they wanted to get in contact with you quickly.”

I took the scroll from her and locked at the outside. “There’s no name on it.” I now stared at Twilight. “You’ve been reading my mail.”

Twilight gasped “No! Like you said it didn’t have any name on it so I assumed it was for me, then I opened it and saw that it was addressed to you but I got…curious.”

“So you did read my mail?”

“Technically…indirectly…yes.”

I sighed, slightly amused by her antics. “I swear Twilight, one of these days your curiosity is going to get you into trouble.”

I unfurled the scroll and began reading it:

My dearest friend Will,
I need to ask something special of you. Please come to the palace after the moon has risen, my sister and I have something we wish to speak of you about and it is of the utmost urgency and secrecy.
Your fair princess/ gaming buddy,
Luna
P.S: I still want a rematch for our last game night: planting C4 on the ground, standing on top of it, then blowing us both up when I try to kill you should not count as a win in your favor.

I looked at the note and smiled a bit at Luna’s juvenile comment. I remember that night well and she got really mad when I did that, it was hilarious…and a little bit cute.

“Well you’re lucky that this didn’t have any explicit information on it, otherwise I’d be annoyed that you read it.”

Twilight scratched her hooves on the ground. “Um…so I guess that’s it then.”

“Yep…that’s it, nothing else that needs to get done.”

She looked at the ground. “Um, actually, I was just…wondering if…maybe…”

I groaned. “Come inside.”

“Thanks.”

She walked in and I closed the door behind her. “You know you could just ask to come inside, I can see that sparkle in your eyes whenever you come in my house. You don’t have to hide it.”

“I’m sorry it’s just…so much magic went into making this house, it must be filled with all kinds of things and I want to know all of them!”

“Well, I don’t know if I can show you everything but I suppose we can take a walk down a hallway and see what we find.”

We did exactly that, we walked down one of the incredibly long hallways.

“This is a perfect example, this hallway goes on for what feels like forever and yet the house is so much smaller on the outside!” She pointed out excitedly.

I shrugged; I didn’t think much of it because I was the one who made it. Then as we kept walking I noticed something strange that made me stop.

Twilight noticed this. “What’s up?”

“There’s a door here.”

Twilight rolled her eyes. “In a hallway full of doors? Very observant of you.”

I shook my head. “No, it’s not just that. This door has been marked.”

On the door there was a symbol that looked like two bridged eight notes (or Vinyl Scratch’s cutie mark for those who don’t speak band nerd)

“I normally don’t mark doors unless I’ve been in them and I don’t remember going in here.”

“Well there’s a music note on the door, what does that mean?”

Curious, I reached for the door knob and opened the door; as it swung open I was greeted by a beautiful sight.

“I think it means…”

I ran inside, amazed by what I saw and Twilight quickly followed.

“That I have the most awesome music room ever!”

It was true. All around me there dozens upon dozens of instruments: Stringed instruments, brass instruments, drums, mix tables, pipe organs, accordions, even a freaking Theremin!

“Wow…” Twilight was in shock.

“I know, it’s like I died and went to rocker heaven.”

I walked over to the section that interested me the most: the guitar section.

“Do you know how to play?” Twilight asked.

I grinned madly. “Not a clue.” I started rifling through the piles of guitars until I came across one I liked, a solid black bass guitar. “But I might as well take advantage of this opportunity.”

I put the guitar around my neck and started strumming a few chords, it sounded out of tune but it was a start.

“Don’t you need a teacher for this kind of thing?” Twilight asked.

I snapped my fingers and summoned a stack of books. “Experience is the best teacher. Now all I needed to do is shape this guitar how I like and we can get started.”

I extended the guitar and my magic flowed inside of it, causing its form to change. It became smaller, the edge was jagged, and there was a silver trim around it.

“Yes, this is perfect. You are mine now and I shall name you: Black Sabbath.”

Twilight looked at me strangely. “Alright then, I’ll leave you with your guitar and just get out of here.”

“Kay bye.” I said, not really focusing on her.

She walked out of the room and I opened up the book, looking over the basic instructions.

Six hours later…

Twilight opened the door very forcefully, her mane was a mess and there was a woodpecker pecking at her skull. Also, she seemed really pissed at me.

“WILL!” She screamed.

“Oh, hey Twilight.” I said casually.

“Don’t you ‘hey Twilight’ me, I’ve been banging on this door for ten minutes now!”

I was confused at her statement. “No, you haven’t.”

“Yes I have! After I closed the door I got lost in the hallway of doors, going through one after the other to either find
you or my way out of this nightmare. I’ve been stuck in this never ending hallway for six hours!”

I was shocked to hear this. “Twilight…” I smile formed on my face that grew rapidly. “That is hilarious.”

“What?” She exclaimed, upset that I was being so nonchalant about her torment.

“You’re such a huge OCD case and calendar freak that it’s funny to see you like this after wasting a lot of your time, also the bird poking your skull is a nice touch.”

She looked up at him and swatted him away with her hoof. “Woody, get out of here.” She said as the bird un-perched itself from her shoulder and flew away.

“Woody?” I asked, curious why she named the bird.

“He was my only companion through this horrible nightmare.” She shuddered. “I have now seen things that I can never forget: Dark insidious forests, large swelling seas, horrible abominations unlike any I’ve ever conceived…”

I waved it off. “Yeah yeah that’s great, lucky for me all my practice with this guitar has really paid off, check out this sweet riff.

I extended my fingers and a set of drums began playing in the background, meanwhile I began my awesome guitar playing:

As I finished Twilight’s look had softened but she still seemed very miffed. “That’s great and all but I’m still lost in here!”

I sighed. “Sure, diminish my accomplishments why don’t you.” I raised my guitar in the air and it deconstructed into nothingness. “Took me an hour and a half to make that perfect but let’s just totally ignore that.”

I continued grumbling until I came to the doorway, I peered down the hallway looking for the exit and was shocked to find it so quickly.

“It’s literally a few feet from you.”

I pointed in the direction of the exit but when Twilight looked in that direction she seemed only more confused.

“But-but this wasn’t here before I came inside your band room, it was just a never ending hallway.”

I thought on that, it wasn’t like Twilight to make things up or have hallucinations of things that didn’t happen so there must be another reason.

“Well…maybe the house has a mind of its own.”

“Don’t be silly. Even if the house is magic it cannot develop a consciousness or become sentient.”

I rubbed the walls in a soothing manner. “Aw, don’t listen to the mean librarian; she’s just jealous that you made her get lost.”

And when I rubbed the walls I felt this sort of warm, pleasant sensation go through my hand. It was like the walls were responding to my touch.

“Maybe I wasn’t so far off.” I looked at this hallway and smiled. “You’re like the TARDIS aren’t you? You’ve got a mind of your own and can shape this house anyway you want. Brilliant.”

Twilight cleared her throat, getting me out of my own little world. “Since clearly you’re so good at finding ways out, perhaps you could escort me to the front door?”

I nodded. “Of course.”

I led her down the hall to the front door, then being the gentleman I was I opened it for her as she walked out.

“Bye Twilight, have fun rescheduling your day.”

“I…I probably will actually.”

“Yeah, you would.”

With that I closed the door and wasted away the rest of my day.

Dusk, Canterlot garden…

Celestia and Luna stood outside the castle as the night air blew through their manes.

“I wonder when he will get here.” Celestia wondered.

“Have faith sister, we have a suspicion he would not ignore our summons lightly.”

True to her word, the silhouette of two large black wings appeared upon the moon and then grew bigger and bigger until I arrived next to them, tucking my wings against my back.

“I hope I didn’t take too long.”

“Nay, I daresay you came with great swiftness.” Luna nodded her head. “Now come, we must get this accomplished quickly.”

Luna walked ahead of me and Celestia, while she led us to our destination I leaned over to ask Celestia a question.

“She seems to be speaking in old equestrian more.” I whispered.

“Yes, she still has trouble dealing with the new way of speaking.”

“But it’s weird because sometimes she speaks just like you or I and others it’s like something out of Shakespeare, what’s up with that?”

“Well, from what I’ve seen she speaks like that when she’s uncertain about a situation, or if she’s nervous.”

“Why would she be nervous?”

“We’re here.” Luna interrupted.

“You’re about to find out.”

We turned the corner to the back of the castle and I was face to face with…a rift. I can’t find a better way to describe it than a rift that just floated in midair, even the air around it was being sucked inside.

“What exactly is this thing? It looks like some kind of rift.” I questioned.

“This is no ordinary rift; it is a tear in the very fabric of reality.” Luna explained.

Well that was worse than what I thought. “What?”

It was Celestia’s turn to speak up. “Many centuries ago when Discord ruled over the land his chaos magic spread its influence over everything. Over time things got more and more chaotic to the point where even the universe we live in was at risk, and the tear was created. That was when my sister and I knew that we had to stop Discord, before everything was destroyed.”

“Well clearly you succeeded.”

Luna nodded. “Discord was defeated and all his chaotic energy was dispelled, but this tear still remained and no sort of magic that we’ve tried has managed to close it.”

“So…what’s the big problem then?”

Suddenly the rift began rumbling and glowing brighter.

“Look out!” Luna cried.

They both ducked down, scared about what was happening. But when the rift stopped rumbling an orange shot out of it and I caught it in my hand.

“An orange? You’re scared of an orange?” I said, slightly berating them.

Both the princesses got up and dusted themselves off. “It isn’t just an orange, objects keep coming through the rift at varying times. The last few times it’s happened the objects were pictures that inspired ponies to build Manehatten, a blueprint for steam engines, and Luna’s game console.”

I was surprised and turned my head to Luna. “So that’s why you have that sweet piece of hardware, and why you didn’t tell me where you got it from.”

Luna nodded. “Yes, I did not want to tell you how it came to be if you couldn’t help fix the problem, it would only bring you grief.”

“My only question is why are you worrying so much about this? It seems harmless enough and as long as nothing with malicious intent gets through we should be fine.”

Celestia looked at me with her very neutral glare. “What we failed to tell you is that this rift was once 4 feet tall when Discord’s chaos was at its peak, for a time it reverted and was no bigger than a grape. But as years and years go by it has grown, and I am afraid that it will continue growing until it really starts doing damage.”

I sighed, seeing the long term problems this thing may create. “Very well, how can I help?”

“We theorize that if this portal was created through chaos energy than maybe it can be closed with it as well. We don’t know exactly what to do, but we’re asking you to try.” Luna said.

I sighed, I wasn’t sure exactly what I should do to solve this problem but lack of knowledge hasn’t hindered my progress before. I extended both my hands, pointed all my fingers at the rift, and began feeding it energy. The energy came out as a mixture of black with hints of fuchsia and it hit the rift, slowly forming together around it and pushing it harder and harder until the rift popped out of existence.

I grinned and wiped my hands together, proud of my handiwork. “Well, that takes care of that.”

Luna laughed a bit to herself. “Well done, a burden has been lifted.”

“Glad to help, but right now I’ve got a bed calling my name so I’ll bid you adieu.”

I began to walk away from them but then the rift began to rumble again, but this time it was louder and it glowed brighter, it even started shaking a little bit.

“Um…that should not be happening.” I said

Then the rift grew to five feet tall and opened, revealing a black swirling tunnel that began to suck us all in. I dug my heels into the ground and tried to stay my ground while the princesses were flapping their wings to keep away from the portal, but it was clear they were having a harder time with it than I was. Their hooves were losing their grip on the ground and I feared they were going to fall prey to the force of the rift.

Like hell they were; I extended my arms and it created two hands made of energy, they grabbed the princesses and carried them away from the rift. Unfortunately, casting this spell seemed to have diverted my own focus so my feet were losing their own grip on the ground and after I finished pulling the girls away my feet gave out and I floated in the air.

“Will!” Luna cried.

I was now flying through the air towards the portal against my own will, I turned around and tried to stop myself in midflight but the force was too strong. Desperate for survival I pulled out the hookshot from my pocket and fired it at the castle wall, it embedded itself in the wall and it was strong enough so that I wasn’t getting pulled in.
Celestia and Luna looked at me with concern.

“Hold on Will, we’re going to help you.” Luna shouted back.

I looked at them, and then I looked back at the portal and I had made my decision.

“No.” I said, resolutely

They were confused by my statement. “What?”

“Don’t come close to me; you’ll just get sucked in as well.”

“Then what would you have us do?” Celestia asked.

I sighed. “I can close this portal myself, but if I let go of this chain I’ll probably get pulled through so…yeah.”

Luna shook her head violently at this idea. “No! We refuse to let you fall to whatever is on the other side of that void.”

I had to stay firm, no matter how much I didn’t like it. “Do you have any better ideas? Even if I could escape the pulling power of this thing it would just keep getting bigger until it eventually enveloped everything. You’re right, it needs to be dealt with now.”

“No…not at the cost of one of our friends, not at the cost of you.” Luna said, her voice beginning to sound weaker.

“Listen, even if I do fall in I’m sure I’ll find some sort of way to get back. I’m too good not to; so don’t consider this a goodbye, call it a ‘see you later’”

Against her better judgment Luna nodded.

“Before I go Celestia, I need you to do something for me.”

She nodded, telling me that I had her attention.

“Send a message to Twilight and her friends and tell her what has happened, they deserve to know.”

“Of course.”

“Also, I need someone to watch over Screwball while I’m gone.”

“Sure.”

“And tell them what I told Luna, this isn’t a goodbye but merely a see you later. I’m coming back, that’s a promise.

She nodded again.

“Luna, before I go there’s something I want to tell you.”

“What is it?”

I looked inside my heart to find the right words, thought given the scenario it was hard to think clearly.

“Keep smiling, for me.”

She looked surprised at that request.

“You’ve been sad for far too long, be happy now and know that I will return soon.”

I saw a small tear form in her eye but she did smile at me. “Okay.”

I felt my grip loosening on the handle, and looked behind me at this void. Well, I guess it was now or never.

“You know, there’s a word for a time like this.”

“What’s that?” Luna asked.

“Geronimo!” I screamed.

I let go of the hook shot and fell into the void, once I moved past its lips I pulled my arms together and the void
closed, at least now Equestria would be safe from something.

And then I was falling, the world ran past me at what felt like thousands of miles per hour; a sea of stars and colors that filled every corner of my vision. As fast as it went by it was over and I was out.

It took me a few seconds to get feeling back in my body, even longer to realize that I wasn’t in that speed tunnel anymore. I was on some kind of floor now, it was cold and metal.

Also, I noticed a large pain in the front of my head. Did I hit something on my way here? I put my hand up to my hand and felt the spot that hurt; it definitely felt big and swollen…hey there’s something on my fingers.

I looked at them and saw that it was blood, my blood. I felt up there some more and felt a lot of it.

Did I have a concussion?

My head felt heavy and I fell to the ground, unable to get up or think properly.

Yep, definitely a concussion.

Right before I lost consciousness and my whole world turned black I heard a voice in the room, it was faint but I could hear the words clearly.

“What the bloody hell?”

Author's Note:

And now we begin the "Dimensions saga"

Consider this your stocking stuffers for the year, with one more present coming your way on Christmas day.

On another note, this story has officially broken the 100,000 words barrier. Thank you guys so much for your continued support, you're awesome and I never would have gotten to this point without you. But i've still got a lot to write about, that you can be certain of.