• Published 13th Jan 2014
  • 7,486 Views, 231 Comments

A new Discord - Galaxy Knight



This isn't a story about a reformed or even a changed Discord, this is what happens when someone gets a hold of Discord's powers. Contains many references to TV, anime, video games, movies etc.

  • ...
45
 231
 7,486

Nightmare Saga: Oh Baby

Author's Note:

Quick explanation before this chapter get started, if you look at the tile of the chapter you'll see the words "Nightmare Saga" and you may be wondering why it's there. Since this story will not have a story ark that goes from point A to point B and then it's over i'm breaking it up into a series of small arks where a problem arises and then it's dealt with after a while (Similar to DBZ) So this chapter has something to do with a looming threat and its your job to guess what it is.

Chapter 8

Screwball was sleeping soundly having a dream about peanut butter, when suddenly she was awoken by a large explosion. She awoke from sleep startled and felt very groggy, she looked out the window and saw that the sun had just started to rise. But back to the explosion, she walked down the hall to investigate and when she did she saw a room with the door blown up and black powder along the doorway. She looked inside and saw me with a scientists lab coat on, which had turned gray due to the explosion and random bottles filled with colorful liquids scattered all across the room.

“What are you doing? The sun just rose up.”

I was surprised. “Really? Last time I checked it was still night time.”

Now she looked confused. “Are you saying that you’ve been up all night?”

“I guess I have. When I was healing in that chamber it must have used some kind of adrenaline to keep me up during the healing process, when I was done it was around eight o clock at night and I wasn’t tired so I thought ‘hey why not take up a hobby?’ so I tried alchemy.”

“Really?” She reached for a group of vials filled with liquids.

“Don’t touch those!” I said loudly.

“Why? What’s wrong with them?”

“You see how there’s a black label on the glass? I put it there because those potions are explosive and if you jostle them too much they’ll explode.” I yawned a huge yawn. “Great, now I feel really sleepy, I haven’t gotten any sleep and I’m probably going to be really cranky today, oh well.” I looked down and realized I still had one potion I haven’t tested yet.

“Hey Screwball, since you came in would you like to help me test this potion?”

I handed her the bottle and she looked at it curiously. “What does it do?”

“I don’t know, that’s why I’m testing it. Don’t worry I’ve already checked and it won’t explode so give it a go.”

She stared at the bottle a bit more before deciding to drink it. “Okay.” She brought the drink to her mouth and downed the whole thing in one go.

As I turned around to clean up my supplies I was curious what the potion did. “How do you feel Screwball? Any different?”

I heard no response so I turned around and found that the room was empty. “Screwball? Sweetie, where did you go?”

I walked around the empty room a bit until I stubbed my toe on something heavy but soft, suddenly that thing started…crying? I looked down and saw a tiny purple baby filly crying at my feat. Worried, I quickly picked her up and cradled her in my arms.

“Great, it looks like my potion reverted her age so know she’s the age of a baby.” I yawned again. “And I’m in no condition to look after a baby; I don’t know how this could be worse.”

Suddenly, Screwball started crying again and I was snapped out of my sleep deprived train of thought. Slowly rocking her in my arms I tried to calm her down.

“Sh sh sh sh, don’t cry sweetie, there’s no reason to be sad, daddy is here. Oh dear, you’re naked let’s fix that.”

I snapped my fingers and gave her a diaper just in case, however it seems my words did not seem to help as she kept crying, so I brought her into my room and used my magic to summon a rocking chair in the corner of the room. I sat down and slowly rocked the chair trying to calm her down but it still didn’t work.

“Come on, what’s wrong with you?”

I heard her stomach gurgle a little bit and then realized that she was hungry.

“Oh you’re hungry? Of course, you just got up of course you’d be hungry.” I snapped again and made her a warm bottle of milk, she took it in both hooves and drank down the whole thing really quickly letting out a cute little burp at the end. After she finished the bottle she looked much more content.

“There you go, now doesn’t that feel better?”

She yawned a cute little baby yawn and started to fall asleep in my arms. Seeing her asleep and being in this comfy chair made me sleepy as well, I slowly began to drift to sleep as well.

I wasn’t sure how long I slept but I was awoken by a knocking at my front door, I looked out the window and saw that the sun had risen and was prominently in the sky so it must be at least after eight. The knocking persisted so I got up to answer it, but first I made a little crib for Screwball and put her in it so she could continue her nap. On the way downstairs I snapped my fingers and changed from my mad scientist jacket to my normal clothes. I opened the door and saw Twilight knocking.

“Will, we’ve got trouble.” She said. It was short and to the point so it must have been serious.

I yawned loudly. “Twilight, it’s too early in the morning to be asking me for help, can’t you ask your friends to help you?”

“No, this is unlike anything I’ve ever seen. Last night, a scream was heard and when two ponies went to investigate it they saw a mare being carried off by a shadowy figure. They said…it looked like a griffon, I don’t want to assume anything but there’s only one griffon we know of who would do something this horrible.”

I groaned. “Ugh, look Twilight I just… I lack the energy to be pissed right now okay?”

“Rough night?” She asked curiously

“Not at first, the healing went along just fine but then I couldn’t go back to sleep so I stayed up all night brewing potions and now…I’ve got something else to deal with.”

Twilight was getting a little impatient. “What could be more important than the kidnapping of a pony?”

Then the sound of crying which I was all too familiar with started up again.

“Why does it sound like you have a baby in your house?”

“Because I do, well technically I don’t it’s just…ugh, just come inside and I’ll explain.”

Twilight followed me back inside and I led her to my room where Screwball was crying again. She looked in the cradle and observed the crying Screwball.

“I’ll ask again, why do you have a baby?”

“It’s not any baby, it’s Screwball. Last night, when I tried making potions I gave her one to test and it seems to have reverted her age to that of a baby. Now that you’re up to speed let’s see what I can do about that crying.”

I picked her up out of her crib and put her in my arms.

“Come on sweetie, what’s wrong? We took a nap, you’re fed, and no loud noises went off so what could it be?”

I gave a quick sniff in the air and then realized the problem. “Ugh, I’m glad I put that diaper on you before otherwise this could’ve been messy. Hang on a second Twilight; I’ll take care of this.”

I put her on the bed and summoned myself a new diaper, and then I undid the snaps of her old one and put the new one on her. I have a younger brother so I’ve a changed a diaper a couple of times in my life. When I finished, Screwball looked much better and I looked and saw Twilight smiling at me for some reason.

“What? Why are you smiling at me?”

“Because of what you just did.”

“Oh you mean my hands? Yeah, they’re funny looking but they’re much more ambidextrous than hooves so…”

“No no, I mean what you did to change the baby.”

I was confused. “What do you mean? I changed her, isn’t that what any parent would do?”

“Exactly, with your magic you could have changed the diaper to clean but you didn’t you went straight in for the more manual approach without thinking, that’s instinct on your part and it’s a good sign of maturity.”

“Really? Huh, that is interesting.”

I threw the old diaper into the trash and picked up Screwball again. “There you go, doesn’t that feel better being clean? Now I can do this.” I pressed my face against her stomach and gave her a zerbert causing her to giggle uncontrollably. “Ah, as cute as you are as a baby we should probably try to find an antidote, do you agree Twilight?”

She nodded her head. “Yes, although if we want an antidote you should probably go see Zecora in the Everfree forest. While you’re doing that, I’d be more than happy to look after Screwball for you.”

“What? No, I want to keep her with me, I’m running on very little sleep and keeping her around helps me stay up.”

Twilight looked like she understood where I was coming from, but her expression was still blank. “I’m sorry Will but the Everfree is too dangerous to take a child, you’ll have to leave her with me.” She took Screwball from my arms with her magic.

I didn't like leaving Twilight alone with a toddler, especially my own, but I knew that she was right it was too dangerous. “Ugh, alright you can watch over her. Just please be careful with her, and here I’ll send some supplies over to the library.”

I snapped some supplies and teleported them to the library, just the essentials: Bottles of milk, cradle, diapers, pacifier, and a rattle for her to play with.

“All right, I’m going to go get an antidote from Zecora, see you two in a little bit.” I was walking out of the room when I accidentally smacked into the door frame instead of walking through the door.

“Um, are you sure you’re okay Will?”

I got up and dusted myself off. “Yeah I’m fine, without a lot of sleep I can’t really preform as well but I think I’ll be alright.”

“I don’t know, maybe you’d like something to help keep you up, like coffee or something.”

“Sure that sounds great; I’ll go make some right now.”

I walked into the kitchen and took one of those instant cups of coffee and put it in the machine, a few minutes later fresh hot coffee was filled in a mug.

“Ah, you’re right Twilight this is exactly what I needed.” I then took the mug of hot liquid and shoved it in my face causing a burning sensation and me screaming in pain.

“Aaaaaaaaaah!”

“Oh my gosh, why would you do that to yourself?” Twilight said, shocked and confused.

“You said use some coffee.”

“I meant to drink not pour on your face and scald yourself, why would you do something like that?”

“Because I hate coffee, have you ever tried drinking it? It’s like your taste buds just died in your mouth, it’s awful.” I got over the pain in my face. “But apart from the searing pain in my face I do feel much more alert now. Good luck Twilight, I should be back soon.”

I rushed out the door and into the forest down the dirt path that I knew led to Zecora’s shack. I could run pretty fast and made it there in about fifteen minutes. When I reached the humble shack of the apothecary zebra I knocked on the door three times.

“Come in.” I heard her say in her African accent.

As I walked inside I saw her working on a few potions until she turned around and saw me.

“Ah it’s nice to see a new face, but tell me what has brought you to this place?”

“Hello, Miss Zecora I've come to you asking for help. I've had a mishap with a potion I've created and I was told that you knew a lot about elixirs and might be able to help me find a cure.”

She thought about it for a second. “Hmm, I’m no master but I shall see, now please describe the symptoms to me.”

“Well, I’m not exactly sure what I put in it but it caused a filly to become younger and turned her into a baby.”

Zecora went to a nearby bookshelf and pulled out what I’m guessing was a book of recipes. “It appears you’re not the first to make this error so please my guest, dismiss your terror. There is a way to get her treated, and here are the ingredients that are needed: Moss from an oak tree, a chocolate chip cookie, scales from a bass, and a cylinder of glass. Gather these things and I’ll give you the rest, then feed it to your victim and you’re problem’s addressed.”

I nodded. “Understood, I’ll be back as soon as I can with the ingredients.”

“I know what I ask you for is quite odd but please hurry back new chaos god.”

As I was about to exit the door that last sentence stuck out to me. “How did you…”

She chuckled a bit. “You think that I did not hear? I get the news even out here.” She gave a sly smile as I walked back out the door.

“Man, I don’t feel like collecting all those ingredients, it sounds like it would take way too long. Wait, I know! Activate transition cards!”

45 minutes later…

“Zecora, I’ve gotten all the ingredients that you’ve asked for.” I said after making my triumphant return to the shack.

“Well done you’re task is almost through, now hand them to me and I’ll begin part two.”

I gave the ingredients to Zecora and she put them in a large cauldron of bubbling green liquid, when she did the liquid jumped up and it changed color to blue. When it settled I dunked in the glass vial I had collected and filled it to the top.

“Just give them the potion with food or with drink, and they should turn back to normal, I think.”

I nodded. “Thank you Zecora, for all your help and especially for trusting someone you haven’t met before.”

“Though we haven’t met face to face, I can tell that you benefit the pony race. I have no more to say, please see yourself out and have a nice day.”

I put the concoction in my pocket and walked back down the path I had come from. However, I found that my energy began to wane, I didn’t want to run and I felt the urge to sleep creep up on me again.

“Oh no, my adrenaline rush is wearing off and I’m not even close to Ponyville. I need a way back but I’m too tired to fly or use my super speed, maybe I can use a travel animal, oh I know!”

I started moving my hands together to create symbols of power, like Naruto. “I call upon the power inside. I summon you- come, spirit animal.”
A beam of light appeared before me and my spirit animal appeared, it was a giant dolphin with huge muscular human arms and a yellow bowtie.

“I am Ayo-shima, guardian of the spirit forge and your spirit animal.”

I sighed to myself. “Yep, this makes perfect sense.” I pulled myself up onto his back and pointed towards Ponyville “Onward Ayo-shima!”
He slapped his tail against the ground and we flew up into the air, as we flew a rainbow trail appeared behind him.

“I’m…not even going to question it, I’d just be wasting my time.”

As we soared through the sky I began to lose my energy and slumped over because I was tired, eventually I closed my eyes and drifted off for a quick nap. While we were flying I felt the wind pick up a bit but I didn't feel it in my face, I opened up my eyes and saw Ayo-shime...above me...going farther and farther away.

"I have a bad feeling about this..."

I flipped over on my stomach and realized that I was indeed free falling to a quickly approaching Ponyville. At first I was scared and flailed around in terror but then I calmed down and remembered my powers. I summoned my wings and used them to slow down my decent.

"Ha ha! Suck it gravity! I have escaped your evil clutches today, nothing can..."

As I was gliding I didn't pay attention to where I was going and so I smacked into the tree; since I had lost all forward momentum I began to fall down that tree hitting several branches along the way. When I finally hit the ground pretty much everything hurt and I had landed on my own leg, I didn't want to get up or couldn't because of the pain. After a while Ayo-shima came down and landed next to me.

"Oh, hey Ayo-shima."

He looked at me with a distressed look. "My rider, you are hurt."

"Yeah, that's what I get for not being careful and for riding a dolphin without a saddle."

"Let me help you." He stared at me intensely. "Aqua ring!"

Suddenly water came out of his blowhole and started to wrap around me, when it disappeared I felt better and was able to stand up without any discomfort.

"A dolphin with arms that knows pokemon move, I really have outdone myself. You have done your service for me Ayo-shima, you are free to go."

He bowed his head a little bit. "Thank you master."

I snapped my fingers and sent him back to wherever I got him from. From there I into town the library, when I got there I saw books everywhere and Twilight who looked stressed out and her hair was all frizzy like when she went crazy during Lesson Zero (Speaking of which when does that happen? That was like episode three right after Return to Harmony and I’ve been here for a couple of days, what gives?)

In any case, Twilight looked tired and she was relieved when I stepped inside.

“Oh Will, thank goodness you’re here, I didn’t know how much more I could take.” She said exasperated.

“What’s going on Twilight?”

“After you left Screwball was only asleep for another twenty or so minutes before she woke up and started freaking out that I wasn’t you. So I gave her a bottle and a rattle to calm her down which worked but then she started crawling all over the place and insists on picking up and looking at everything.”

I sighed in happiness. “That’s my girl, ever curious about the world she lives in.”

As Twilight was talking to me I looked behind her and saw Screwball trying to climb up a book case but only managed to shake it which caused the books to start falling down. As quickly as I could I pointed my finger at the spot and put up a small barrier around Screwball so that the books hit the barrier and not her, when all the books stopped falling I took down the barrier relieved that none hit her. Unfortunately, one last book I didn’t fell down and fell on her leg and then she started crying from pain.

“Oh no!” I said worried. I went over and picked her up trying to calm her down. First, I made a little ice pack and wrapped it around her leg to get rid of the pain, and then I brought her upstairs to where Twilight had put the crib and sat down on her bed, rocking Screwball slowly and calmly.

“There you go, come on you can’t be sad, not when I’m so silly. Like this!” I made my pupils spin around in my head and she looked at me curiously. “Or maybe this…” I turned my head into a fish and did that thing fish do with their mouths, which caused her to giggle. “And this…” I turned my head into a dog and started to lick her face like dogs would do; now she was laughing uncontrollably.

“You see? There’s no need to cry when daddy’s here because everything is wonderful.”

As I was holding her she yawned a little bit.

“Tired again? Well I suppose if you were used to having a lot of energy before and then had it drained from you you’d be pretty sleepy too. Well then, let me sing you a lullaby.”

I pulled out a small music box from my pocket and sang her one of the only lullabies I knew.

Stars and moons and air balloons, fluffy clouds to the horizons
I’ll wrap you in rainbows and rock you to sleep again.
Teddy bears and pink, ducks and lambs of white
Don’t you cry dear I’m here now; I’ll be your night light.
Stars and moons and air balloons, fluffy clouds to the horizons
I’ll wrap you in rainbows and rock you to sleep again.
Smiles to cure the frowns, twirling and tumbling and laughter
Someday life will always be happily ever after.

When I had finished I put Screwball back in her crib and gave her a small kiss on the forehead, as I exited the room I saw Twilight standing in the doorway looking at me with a look of shock, appreciation, and proudness (if that’s a word)

“How long have you been standing there?” I asked

“Ever since you turned your head into a fish. What you just did there was…fantastic, it’s almost like you knew exactly what to do.”

“I wish I knew exactly what to do, to be honest I just did what felt natural and what she wanted.” I looked behind me and saw Screwball sleeping soundly. “Let’s talk more down stairs.”

We walked out of the room and into the library and continued to talk.

“Honestly Twilight, I’ve never been a father before especially to an infant.”

“Well, you certainly don’t show it. You have this way of just taking control of a situation and having it work in your favor.”

“Yeah, but when things don’t go according to plan that’s when it all comes crashing down hard.” I reached into my pocket and pulled out the vial of blue liquid. “In any case I got the antidote from Zecora, when she wakes up I’ll mix this in with her milk and she should return to normal.”

“So we’ll just wait for her to finish her nap?”

“Pretty much. To be honest I almost want to keep her like this because she’s so cute, but she has to go to school and stuff and if her consciousness is still in there I know she wouldn’t like being stuck as a baby.”

Twilight and I sat in silence for about thirty minutes until I heard a thumping noise come from upstairs.

“She’s up, I’ll go get her.” I said

I walked up the stairs and looked into the crib but when I did I felt my heart stop, Screwball was missing. I looked all around the room but didn’t see her anywhere, I rushed to the window and looked on the ground but I still couldn’t see her anywhere.

“Screwball? SCREWBALL!” I screamed looking for her everywhere. When I couldn’t find her anywhere I rushed downstairs to ask Twilight for help.

“Twilight, Screwball is missing.”

“What? Where did she go?”

“I don’t know that’s why she’s missing, we have to find her.”

We both rushed outside as we searched the streets.

“She’s pretty small so she couldn’t have gotten far, maybe we should check…”

I was interrupted as Twilight pointed something out. “Will, look up there!”

I turned around and saw that she was pointing to a figure in the sky, flying away from town. The figure was dark and I couldn’t make out any details about it but I did see a little purple bundle in its claws, when I did I felt my anger boil and I was filled with rage.

“That’s looks like the same thing that stole that mare last night.” Twilight observed.

“Yeah? Well it just fucked up because it just messed with my girl and now… IT WILL PAY!”

I sprouted my wings and rushed into the air flying after the figure as fast as I could, I picked up speed and started to gain up on it, soon I was really close.

“Hey ugly!”

It turned around and when it did I gave it a strong right punch in the jaw which caused it to drop Screwball, when it did I dive bombed down to catch her and make sure she was safe. When I knew she was safe I gave her a hug.

“Oh sweetie I’m so glad you’re safe.”

My moment was interrupted as I heard that black griffon growl in anger. I couldn’t leave Screwball with anyone this time, I had to take her into the fight, so I made myself a papoose for her to ride in (It’s what you call that thing adults wear so they can put their baby in it and carry them around without carrying them.)

“Now you just stay here sweetie" I cracked my knuckles, preparing to fight "Daddy’s got to go kick some ass.”

The griffon flew down at me and tried to swipe me with its claws but I dodged it by moving to the side, then I grabbed its throat and held it tight enough to stop it from attacking.

“Now then, since you’re not gonna be hurting me anymore let’s have a look at you.” I gave the griffon a look over; I couldn’t tell whether or not it was male or female. “You know at first I thought you were Gilda, the only griffon I knew who would have the balls to try something like this but you aren’t giving any witty banter, no condescending remarks, you’re just abducting and attacking like a mindless animal. But then that begs the question, why are you black? There are no black griffons and this isn’t a costume or paint so maybe…”

I was interrupted as the griffon bit down on my hand making me let go of it. When I released my grip it started to attack me again but I was fast enough to dodge it, then I uppercut it in the stomach to stop its attacks and then kicked it up further into the air. I flew up into the air after this evil griffon but it surprised me by stopping suddenly and punching me in the face which only raised my anger.

“That was…the last straw.”

It tried to punch me again but I teleported out of the way as the griffon looked behind itself it saw me several feet away.

“You know, if you were Gilda I might actually enjoy this. You see right now I’m in no mood for a long drawn out fight so I think I’ll just finish you right now.” Energy began to build up around my hands and sparks flew between my fingertips, I raised both my arms and shot them forward sending dozens of small energy shots at the shadow griffon, there were so many blasts that she wasn’t fast enough to dodge all of them and was hit by one after another.

When the blasts stopped the griffon was bruised and badly damaged but no gone, it struggled to keep its head up and when it looked forward it saw me only inches away from it.

“Aww look you’re hurt.” I looked into its eyes, which were a light blue, and saw her irises contract. “And you’re afraid of me, wonderful. Let me give you some advice…run.”

As soon as I finished the griffon turned tail and ran away from me as fast as it could.

“I don’t know, maybe I let it off too easily. What do you think Screwball, should I let it go?”

I looked down at her and she shook her head no.

“That’s why I love you, you barely have any idea what I’m saying and you still know exactly what to say. Well, since I’ve been using a DBZ style theme for this fight, how about I finish this off with a fan favorite?”

I clasped my hands together, then cupped them and brought them close to me preparing for my final attack.

“Ka…me…ha…me…” I felt the energy build up in my hands begging to be unleashed and after a few more seconds I obliged “HA!”

I unleashed the monstrous beam in the direction of the griffon, it was far away but within a minute the beam caught up with it shaking the trees with its raw power and ripped the griffon apart leaving no traces of its existence.

“Alright, I saved the day and no pony is the wiser.”

I turned around and a few feet away I saw Rainbow Dash sitting there on a cloud with her mouth hanging wide open. I was a bit nervous to explain why I had just flipped out and unleashed that much power.

“Oh, hey Rainbow.”

Even after I acknowledged her she just sat there with her mouth hanging open and when she tried to speak it just came out garbled.

“Wha…with the…and the…haa, boom”

“Yeah sorry you had to see that, as you saw I have a lot of power and if need be I can unleash tons of it and just…obliterate people, but I don’t because I wouldn’t kill anybody who didn’t absolutely deserve to die. And you have to admit that was…AWESOME!”

That shocked her out of her trance she looked at me and her smile grew wide. “Yeah it was!”

She raised her hoof and I gave it a fist bump. “You have got to show me more of those moves, that was…beyond awesome, maybe even cooler than me.”

“Wow, Rainbow admitting something is cooler than her? That’s serious.” “Sure, I’d love to show it to you some time.”

Now Rainbow looked confused. “But what about…”

“Right, okay to get you up to speed, I accidently made a potion that turned Screwball into a baby. I went to Zecora’s hut and she helped me make an antidote, however before I could give her the antidote that shadow griffon kidnapped her and…well, you know the rest.”

“But what about…”

“The griffon? I killed it, but I have a feeling it was dead long before I got there; it was completely black and didn’t talk, like some kind of feral creature. I wonder what could have caused such a transformation?”

“But what about your wings?”

“My wings?” I looked behind me and saw that my wings looked different than each other; one was a blue feathered bird wing while the other was a purple bat wing. “Huh, that’s new. I guess it’s because I was in a hurry and just didn’t have enough time to make a matching set of wings. In any case I have to go home and mix this antidote.”

I snapped my fingers and teleported back home. When I arrived I got a bottle of milk and put the antidote inside which turned it a very pale blue color and I mixed in some honey to mask the flavor of the antidote so she’d drink it.

“Here you go Screwball, drink this and you’ll feel much better I promise you.”

She took the bottle from me and drank it all down. I placed her on the couch and within a minute she had turned back to her normal age and size. When she did she was a bit stunned, and looked at the room groggily.

“Daddy? Is that you?" She asked.

"Yes it's me." Then I realized something that she said. "You called me dad."

"Well yeah, aren't you my dad?" She asked, as if he answer was obvious.

"Of course I am, it's just... I've never heard you say it before. It's nice."

She groaned a little bit. "What happened? I can’t remember much.”

“That’s okay just try to remember everything you can.”

“I see…you, holding me in your arms and you have a dog head. I see miss Twilight, and then blackness and…a giant blue light…”

“That’s good remembering on your part, if you want later tonight before you go to bed I could tell you what happened.”

“Like a story?”

I smiled and nodded. “Yeah, like a story.”

The day went on and I relaxed after such a tiring day. After a while night came and Screwball was going to bed and I sat on the edge of the bed.

“So tell me a story daddy.”

“Okay, so after you drank the potion…”

She shook her head no. “No, I’d like to hear a different story.”

I was a bit surprised. “Oh, okay. Any preferences?”

“Tell me a story about hero’s like you.”

“She thinks I’m a hero, that’s sweet.” I thought. I needed to come up a story for her so I decided to pick a story based on one of my favorite games.

“Okay sweetie, get comfortable, and I’ll tell you a story.” She shifted in her seat. “This is the legend of Link.” I reached into her bookshelf and pulled out a blank book. With a wave of my hand the cover changed and a picture of the triforce was emblazoned upon it.

“Once upon a time in a kingdom called Hyrule there was an ancient artifact that was the source of all magic in the entire world called the triforce. Because it was so powerful many ponies tried to take it but no pony ever succeeded though many came close, eventually they thought it was too much power for one pony to have so they split it up into three pieces. Legend says that the triforce of courage had to be earned and so it’s power was divided and placed in several perilous dungeons, the triforce of wisdom went to the princess of Hyrule named Zelda, but the last piece the triforce of power went to an evil person, a wicked sorcerer named Ganondorf who only used its power for evil, conquering the land around him and raising an evil army.”

“As the evil wizard Ganondorf continued his conquest he set his sights on Hyrule, defeating its guards and kidnapping princess Zelda. When he kidnapped her he learned that it was she was the one who held the triforce of wisdom, he knew that all he needed was the triforce of courage and he would have control over all magic ever. When people heard that Hyrule had fallen and its princess had been kidnapped many were afraid but there was one who was not, his name was Link just another anonymous knight who was devoted to the princess and so he set off from his home town whose name has been lost to time on an epic quest to save their ruler from the evil Ganondorf.”

As I talked the words began to magically appear in the book so that she could read it later. I wanted to continue with the story but Screwball looked tired so I closed the book. “Well that was an exciting opener; I’ll tell you more tomorrow but until then get some sleep okay?” I leaned down and kissed her on the head.

“Okay, that was a great story dad.”

“Thank you Screwball, have a good night. I love you.”

“I love you to.”

I turned the lights off and went into my own room to get some sleep myself. I took my clothes off and changed into my pajamas, as I did the bottle of antidote Zecora made fell out of my pocket, I picked it up and saw that there was still a little bit left in it.

“Well, I know I’m not supposed to take other peoples medicine but…what the hell? What’s the worst that could happen?”

I drank the rest of the liquid in the bottle which was about a quarter of a cup and it was really bitter. However, the effects seemed to work shortly after drinking it I felt myself getting older and taller. After the process was done I was surprised at how I looked.

“Whoa!” I said surprised at what happened and then I realized. “Whoa, I didn’t think my voice could get any deeper, that’s interesting.” I looked over my body and tried to find any noticeable changes, after looking…everywhere (If you catch my drift) the only noticeable changes were my voice, I was about half a foot taller now, and I had more hair.

“Well, this is going to be fun to show the girls tomorrow.” I said, waiting for tomorrow

Meanwhile at Sugarcube Corner…

Pinkie was helping the cakes clean up the bakery when suddenly she shivered as she felt something pass through her. Mister Cake took notice of this.

“Is something wrong Pinkie?”

“I just felt a disturbance in the world, it’s like somepony had four birthdays and I didn’t plan a party for any of them. Weird.”

She dismissed the feeling and resumed her work.