• Published 4th Nov 2013
  • 2,517 Views, 25 Comments

Best Of Me - zappadap



Spike, and, Pinkie Pie get in an argument over cupcakes of all things, will everything turn out okay?

  • ...
9
 25
 2,517

Best Of Me

The sun was setting, bathing Ponyville in a gentle glow of orange, while a lone dragon walks through the empty marketplace thinking quietly to himself. You see, the young dragon named, Spike had gotten into an argument with one of his closest friends. A beautiful and energetic pink filly named, Pinkie Pie. What was the topic of this argument you ask? Well, let’s just say that neither could remember. What? You want me to actually put effort into this? Ugh. Fine, you win. Hold on a second. Okay, how about this? They got in a fight over cupcakes. Yes, cupcakes. We’ll go with that. What? It’s my story, not yours! Write your own story and you could do whatever you want with it! Okay? Good, now let’s begin!


‘Nice going, Spike.’ Thought the purple dragon as he walked slowly down the deserted Ponyville road. ‘Just what were you thinking, when you said she could do better? I mean, it’s true, she really could have done better, but still. Stupid, stupid, stupid! What’s her problem anyway, she never gets this upset. Then again, no one has ever said anything bad about her cupcakes before.’ He continued, deep in thought. The marketplace was filled with a shrill cry of ‘Oh Celestia!’ and a hard thunk, in an instant, Spike was on the ground. He quickly looked to see what made him trip. It was a pebble. Not just a regular pebble, but the smallest pebble, Spike had ever seen!

“Really! A freakin’ pebble! I tripped over a freakin’ pebble? How is that even possible? It’s so small you would need a microscope to see it! And not only that, it’s also a pebble! A pebble! How do you trip over a pebble!”

The cries of frustration and anger echoed, waking a certain cyan pegasus from her slumber. With a stretch and a small yawn, Rainbow Dash peeked over the edge of the cloud she was resting on to find the source of the amusing shouts. She was surprised to see it was, Spike shouting his lungs out. Of course, she knew it was, Spike. Nobody else has the ability to trip over a pebble. I mean, come on, it’s a pebble. That, and, Spike is the only dragon in Ponyville. Although she found his cries of agony absolutely hilarious, she decided to go down and see what was making the poor guy so frustrated. With a flap of her wings she was off. She glided down next to him and landed with a soft thud.

“Hey, Spike! What’s up?”

“Hey Rainbow. And nothing’s up, I just tripped over a pebble,” Spike replied.

“So you were screaming and shouting in anger, because you tripped over a pebble? Yeah, that’s not weird or anything.”

“Look, I’m just frustrated okay? Pinkie and I got into a huge argument!”

“So, exactly how huge are we talking here?”

Spike leaned over and whispered in Dash’s ear.

“That huge,” Rainbow replied in shock!

Spike could only nod his head and sigh.

“Well, what did you do?”

“Well, she had asked me to come over and try some new cupcake flavors she had come up with. So I did, and it turns out that they weren’t really that good. I told her. Then she got mad all of a sudden.”

“You did what?” Rainbow shouted in shock! “You can’t tell Pinkie that her cupcakes aren’t good! Are you suicidal?” Rainbow was breathing at such a rate that one could assume she was hyperventilating. “Do want to kill us all! Are you really that mad? I can’t believe this! It’s the end of the world! Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Pony sacrifice, dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!” Rainbow was gently pulled out of insanity by a slap on the face. “Thank you, I really needed that.”

“No problem,” answered a scared as shit, Spike. “So, what do I do?”

“Nothing you can do, besides apologize.”

“Yeah, will I be okay? I mean, you made it seem really bad!” Rainbow stared at spike for a few seconds, and then flew off at top speed.


Spike found himself at a barrier. A barrier that seemed dark and foreboding. Impenetrable even. A barrier that resembled something he had seen in only his darkest nightmares. But what was in reality, a simple wooden door.‘This is it, Spike. You can do this. Just knock on the door and apologize. Then everything will be back to normal, almost instantaneously.’ Spike stood there for some time, before he finally brought himself to knock on the door. Almost in an instant the door opened and, Spike was pulled inside. The first thing he noticed was the darkness. The second was the inane amount of kisses he was receiving on his forehead. He now knew that there was never a need to apologize, and that Rainbow was just pulling his leg. Though she did give one hell of a show. He made a note in his mind to ask for lessons later.

“Oh, Spikey I missed you so much! I thought you hated me and never wanted to see me again!”

“Pinkie, I could never hate you! You know I love you!”

“You do?”

“Of course!”

“Really, truly?”

“Yes, Pinkie,” Spike replied with a laugh.

“Do you really, truly, honestly?”

“Pinkie, I said yes.”

“Do you really, truly, honestly, sincerely, wholeheartedly, truthful-” Pinkie expected to be told to stop talking. With words, with a finger to the lips, with tickles even! But the one thing she didn’t expect was to be pulled into her first kiss. Pinkie jumped in surprise, squeaking cutely. And as quickly as it had happened, it ended.

“You really do love me,” said, Pinkie, as she hugged, Spike to her chest.

“Of course I do, and I always will!”

Author's Note:

So, I wrote this because I couldn't sleep, and I just wanted to type...whatever 'til I got tired. Another thing, I was mentally exhausted when I wrote this as well, so yeah. It sucks. I'm not proud of it, but I still felt Like I needed to put it up because I thought the idea was cool. If anyone wants to re-write it as their own, go ahead. Just be sure to tell me first, because I'll want to read it.

Comments ( 25 )

Well, this was... something. Definitely something... not good, not bad, just something. With that said, if you worked more with this idea you could actually make a pretty interesting one-shot.

3443274 Yeah, I might try something like this again, when I get better. But, based on how this turned out, yeah not right now... And I have no idea what is up with that pebble thing. I think tired me has a pebble fetish. :facehoof:

For the quick job you said this was, it's not that bad.

The ending even feels somewhat complete in a Pinkie Pie way!
Nice to fall asleep upon!

3443310 Thank you for liking my garbage! :pinkiehappy:

Meh, I've seen weirder.:applejackunsure: Mind if I put this in my group PinkieXSpike?

3443366 Go ahead man, also, I like your writing! :pinkiesmile:

Welp, that was something. Have a like. :moustache:

3443439 Thank you good sir! :moustache:

“Really! A freakin’ pebble! I tripped over a freakin’ pebble? How is that even possible? It’s so small you would need a microscope to see it! And not only that, it’s also a pebble! A pebble! How do you trip over a pebble!”

I laughed at this more than I'm willing to admit :rainbowlaugh:

3443479 True story: I actually tripped over a pebble in real life, and my friend won't stop teasing me about it. That's how that came about existing. Thanks for finding my misery hilarious, I know I do! :twilightsmile:

3443371 Thanks, it's nice to meet a fan.:pinkiehappy:

Cute story.

But is it me or does someone like to use commas?

yay
'cept some grammar errors

3444922 I have a comma fetish.

3445548 I edit things myself, so there are bound to be some errors. But glad you enjoyed this piece of crap, at least a little! Also, your one of the authors on this site, that made me want to start writing! :moustache:

Firstly don't be all "I know it sucks" blah blah blah, just say its something stupid you thought up.

Secondly I tripped on my own big toe so beat that

Thirdly it wasn't bad for a short, latenight one-off. I would like to see more serious spinkie fics, but for the purpose of being a stupid one timer it wasn't bad. I have read stories where they misspell everything for the sake of misspelling everything. So even though you didn't seem to care, you still took the time to spell check means a lot.

3447290 1. I just like to think everything I write sucks, so I can constantly improve.
2. Did you fall directly onto your face, on gravel?
3. Thanks, I could never not spell check. I hate when people don't.

3447880 I fell down a flight of stairs. I don't really remember if I broke or cut anything though. Chances are I did.

3449985 Damn, okay you win. Ow...

A Squidward stated: short, sweet, and too the boring, except the boring part.

GREATEST ghost buster reference ever!!

Login or register to comment