• Published 4th Mar 2012
  • 5,507 Views, 117 Comments

Revan's End - Geios



Using something he never though he would have to use, Revan transported himself...somewhere...

  • ...
4
 117
 5,507

Royalty's Indecision

- Royalty’s Indecision -

Revan awoke to the sight of a pony staring him in the face. It was the most awkward thing that has happened to him since he got to this planet. Those eyes...they look like they can stare into a man’s soul. Revan’s soul to be more specific. After a small period of time of the two just staring at each other, Revan uncomfortable as all hell and Twilight completely absorbed in studying his face. It must have been like nothing she has ever seen by the sheer length of time that she kept staring. Revan finally had enough of her and broke the increasingly awkward silence.

“Do you mind?”

She snapped back into reality and fell back onto her rear. A wince shot across her face as she fell onto something that must have rolled off the table and under her. This something turned out to be one of Revan’s lightsabers which was activated by the shock. The resulting activation also burned off some of her tail hair as she shot up into the air, yelping quite loudly.

Revan, having just now figured out what happened, snatched his lightsaber from under her so she couldn’t hurt herself more by falling on it again and walked over to the worried Twilight who was trying to get a good look at her tail. Come to think of it, none of these ponies had seen what his sabers could do. It must have been quite the shock.

“Wha...what just happened?!” She said turning towards Revan, still in shock.

“Uh...sorry...you sort of sat on one of my weapons. They tend to burn through things. Heh...”

“My tail...it’s...singed...” Twilight had said looking back at it.

“Hey...it uh, doesn’t look tha-”

Suddenly she ran upstairs in a rush. Had she really been that freaked out by what happened? It was only a little burnt, barely noticeable. Revan took his other saber from the table in front of him and holstered both of them. He was about to put his mask back on, no need to go changing his appear to the locals so soon, when Twilight rushed back down the stairs with quill and paper in her grasp.

“Wait!” She screamed, as he was about to place the mask on his face.

“What?”

“I want to draw a picture of what a human really looks like so that I can catalogue it!”

“Uhm...”

“Don’t worry it won’t take that long, just take a seat.”

Revan did as she asked, it seemed as she didn’t even care about her tail anymore. The main focus was to document his appearance now apparently. This pony really did thirst for knowledge, regardless of its form. Twilight scribbled across her paper vigorously attempting to copy exactly what she saw in front of her. The drawing took more time than she implied, Revan now stiff from sitting on the hardwood floor.

“Done!”

“Ugh...Finally. So, how do I look?”

“Well, uh...” Her eyes shifted back and forth from the paper to Revan. “Oh my.”

“Well?”

“I think I’ll just leave the drawing to somepony who knows how, hah hah hah.” Crumpling up the paper with her magic, she tossed it into a nearby trash bin.

“Okay, but about your tail. Are you alright?”

“Perfect! I’m just a little bit curious as to how such a thing works. I mean it doesn’t have a blade, yet you call it a saber!”

“Want to know how this works huh? Well I suppose I could show you, it’s the least I can do for you getting singed by it. First, breakfast.”

Revan turned towards the kitchen and plopped down on one of the seats next to the kitchen table. He levitated over some apples and water to where he sit. Twilight joined him, but instead took the time to make pancakes for herself. The way she made them was something to see at first. She was so organised with the ingredients, and she multi-tasked like it was nothing.

Still eating breakfast, Revan wondered where that Spike character was. It had already been well past nine in the morning. It didn’t really matter that much to him though, he never really did get along with kids.

Twilight had just finished up with her pancakes when Revan realised something pretty important. He wasn’t sure why it hadn’t crossed his mind before since as long as he is planning on staying here it wouldn’t hurt to find out about this planet’s history.

“Hey Twilight, do you happen to have any books on the history of Equestria?”

“Of course I do! What sort of a librarian would I be without a book on Equestria’s history?”

“Great! You wouldn’t mind if I borrowed that for a little bit would you? It’d help me understand this place more than I currently do.”

“Not a problem! I’ll go get it for you. Be right back!”

Not a second later she returned, book levitated in front of her. She sat it down in front of Revan and told him that she would be back again. Apparently Twilight was a little annoyed that her assistant hadn’t gotten up yet and went upstairs.

The book that lay before him read “History of Equestria”. He opened the front cover, and not to his amazement the text had been in some foreign language. No language that he recalls even resembles this writing, so reading would be out of the question for the time being. The only things he could do to learn about this planet is either have Twilight read the book to him or go to a class and learn the language. Learning a new language would take time, and being without proper knowledge of this place for that time wouldn’t be impossible, but it would be difficult. Given how long learning the language was likely to take the former option seemed to be the logical choice.

Having put the book back down on the table, Revan sighed. “History lesson it is.”

Re-entering the kitchen where Revan resides, Twilight was accompanied by her assistant. Spike didn’t really even seem to pay attention to him as he went to get some breakfast. Twilight, though, came right up to him as she had seen that he had the book open on the table, but wasn’t reading it.

“Something wrong with the book?” She asked inquisitively.

“Well, actually, I can’t read a word of this.”

“What?! You can speak my language so well though!”

“Speaking a language is much different than reading it, Twilight, and the fact I can speak your language is just by chance.” He said pointing to the book that lay on the table beside him.

“Oh...Well I guess that kind of makes sense.”

- - -

As Revan was talking with Twilight about random trivia, there was a pounding at the door. It was still an hour till the library opened. Twilight got up and walked over to the door to see who it could be. As she approached, the banging grew louder and more frequent, almost as if someone had the intention of barging in at any moment.

“Coming!”

Just as she got to the door it flew off its hinges and made contact with her face. *Headshot* Revan rushed over to mare and checked if she was alright. It wasn’t anything major, just a few bruises. The assaulters stood there in front of the doorway, with weapons levitated above themselves. Their armor was ornate as were the weapons. These must have been royal guardsmen of sort.

They were not there to make small talk as one galloped towards Revan. Revan didn’t want to leave Twilight there all by herself, but it seemed that they were not after her. He jumped away from her, unsheathed his lightsabers, and moved them into position. The very same purple and red that slew countless enemies. Though this time they aimed to disarm not kill, there was no need to make a mess in Twilight’s house as well as hurt his reputation.

As the one that previously charged at Revan came after him again, the other two got into position behind him. More hoofsteps could be heard coming from outside as a few more royal guards entered Twilight’s house. The space was getting more and more cramped inside and Revan was going to have to get them out of here.

They had made a circle around Revan, carefully watching his movements. Revan took this opportunity to slam a controlled amount of force into the ground with his fist to suspend the guards surrounding him in the air. Their bodies flew up in slow-motion and they wiggled their legs as if trying to find ground. Revan threw each of them out of the house two at a time. This left six guards lying outside on the ground in a dazed condition, and bystanders watched huddled near other buildings.

Revan walked outside, lightsabers in hand, looking at the pile of guards he had just created. At the moment they were still out of commission so Revan levitated their weapons over to him and sliced each consecutively. Now that these ponies were unarmed Revan sheathed his sabers, and just stood there arms crossed, waiting for at least one to regain consciousness.

Twilight gasped when she had come through the door into the street and saw the guards in a pile on the ground. Revan turned to Twilight and saw a look a shock on her face, as well as a stream of blood coming from the crest her mane.

“Revan...what did you do!?” Twilight exclaimed.

“Well, defending myself for one. Second, containing the situation, this could have gotten much worse. Also you should probably get your head looked at, it’s bleeding a bit.”

Twilight put a hoof up to her head to be met with a warm and red substance on her hoof.

“Oh my...” And then she fainted.

Revan exchanged glances between Twilight and the guards. “Huh...Well I suppose these guys can wait until later.” He walked over to Twilight and proceeded to mend her wounds with the force.

As Revan was healing the mare, one of the guards finally got up from being unconscious. He wobbled over towards Revan, still a little dazed from the encounter. Revan noticed him coming and and put up a shield around him and Twilight until he was done healing her. That healing of which wouldn’t take long as it seemed to be only a slight fracture, easily mendible.

When he was done healing her, he stood up and faced the unbalanced guard who was banging on the shield with what little power he had left in him. “These guards must not do this too often.” He thought as he lowered the shield to only protect Twilight’s body that was lying on the ground, still out cold.

This time Revan just stared down at the guard through his mask. The guard nearly soiled himself as he fell back on his hind, eyes widened with fear of meeting his end.

Revan now clearly the one in charge of the situation has all eyes on him. The guard is still shivering below him in fear however. Looking around, even the bystanders seemed to be in fear of the current happenings. Regardless, this whole thing wasn’t helping Revan’s chances with the populace at all. Revan turned to the guard who was now in the fetal position and tapped on his shoulder being met with a loud “Aaaaaahhhhhhh!!!” as a consequence. Must be a recruit.

Giving one last look over the area Revan came up with an idea. “These guys worked for royalty. Maybe the ruler is better understanding than these ponies...though if they were here then that means the ruler sent them after me.” It wasn’t the best plan at the moment, but if all the guards are as pitiful as these then there wasn’t much to really fear.

“Hey, calm down. It’s not my intention to harm you or your comrades.” Though his previous action would have suggested otherwise. “Look, I’ll do you a favor and turn myself in. Can you show me to where I can do that?”

“C..c...Canterlot....over there!” He quickly pointed at a large city mounted on the side of a mountain.

“Thanks.”

Revan walked back over to Twilight, picking her up and taking her inside. He set her down on her bed that was upstairs. Seeing a purple tail protruding from under the bed he gave Spike a message.

“Spike, tell Twilight I turned myself in and went to “Canterlot”. I’ll be back soon, hopefully.”

With that Revan retreated down the stairs back and back outside. The scared guard was now over by his comrades trying to get them up. The crowd had dispersed a little, but there were still some onlookers. Turning towards the city Revan teleported there in an instant, leaving behind that flash of light.

He had teleported himself what seemed to be the direct center of the city, yet up in the air as there was no clear point that he could see to transport to from down on the ground. Reven slowed his descent as he got closer to the ground landing in a group of high-class looking ponies. Every one of them panicked as they set eyes of him, and he was now pretty much used to it. Revan supposed that the large castle type building was his destination. There was a clear view of the entrance which he could teleport to, which would avoid a mass panic from the ponies that filled the streets. Mass panic was not on the to-do list for today.

Emerging from the transfer of mass, Revan was met with two guardsponies who immediately drew their weapons at the sight of him. Revan extended his hands outwards in front of him as if to have them clamp the chains on him.

- Sometime later in a rather lavish cell -

It was good for Revan that news of the guards he dealt with hadn’t reached Canterlot as of yet. The cell he was assigned to looked almost like a guest room to a house, still as small as a cell, but it felt that way. There was a platter of food near the sink on the wall, filled with hay-based products and an apple. Well, at least there was something he could actually eat, an apple.

Revan ate the apple and took the plate with the hay over to the cell door, sliding it under to the other side. Being in a cell really doesn’t leave much to do, and Revan wasn’t sure when anyone would bother to come get him. So he did the only thing there was to do and meditated, levitating.

Hoofsteps could be heard coming down the well-lit hall. Ignoring them Revan proceeded with meditating since they could be down here for anyone. Though that turned out to be wrong as they approached his cell.

“Is it levitating?”

“Pay no heed to it, we are just here to escort it to the Princess.”

“The Princess requests your presence.” One guard had said, not even bothering to wait for a reply opened the door.

“Well okay, I guess. I’ve been waiting.” Revan had replied as they pulled him out of the cell.

The hallways were lined with paintings of sceneries and what Revan had suspected to be famous ponies of sorts. It sort of looked like a palace from Alderaan with the ceiling height and pillars in the walls. The doors were also fairly large. Royalty and having to make everything bigger, pssh.

The three came to a rather elegant (eloquent is well spoken...) looking door, at least compared to the other ones that they had passed through on their way. The guard that was to the left of Revan moved up ahead to open the door, revealing a large chamber much taller than the hallways. There were massive pillars and a set of stairs leading up to a throne. Atop these stairs was a somewhat taller unicorn...no, pegasus? It was a mix between the two, and it’s hair flowed as if there were a wind blowing through it. A good amount of guards were also gathered, roughly around fifty.

The regal looking creature approached Revan with grace. "So. You are the creature who's been staying with my student?" She had said in a soothing, yet somewhat serious voice.

“Student? I’ve been staying with a unicorn, but she never mentioned a mentor in my time with her. On another note, you are the royalty around here, yes?”

"Yes. I'm princess Celestia. Me and my sister rule Equestria. Twilight didn't mention any of this to you? That's not like her."

“Yeah...Well, I suppose she was too into what I was and where I was from to even bother telling me about herself much. Though that’s not why I turned myself in. I actually just wanted to talk to you about my public appearance seeing as I will be here for a while.”

"My, my. You certainly like to get straight to the point. I respect that. Now, about your public appearance, I'm not so sure I can help you with that. You must earn their trust on your own or else they will never fully accept you."

Revan shifted a bit in his current position after being told what he had already tried. “Yeah, uh...look...I kind of already tried that and let’s just say it didn’t end well. I’m sure you know what I’m talking about...”

"Oh yes. You must mean your tussle with some of my guards. I have already informed them that what they did was out-of-line. Though I'm afraid the citizens of Ponyville may feel differently about this.”

“No doubt. Though I suppose you weren’t aware of what I really was so it’s understandable. Now, is there anything you can do to get the public not to view me as not a threat to themselves and their livelihoods?”

Celestia brought her right hoof to her chin as she thought. “I suppose I could make an announcement about you, but I'd need to know a little more about who you are personally. Other than that I'm not sure if there is much I can do. My sister and I are usually very busy ruling Equestria and don't have much time to deal with personal matters, I'm afraid."

“Fine with me, so interview now or later?”

"I'm sorry, but it will have to be later. I have a meeting with one of our scientists who's been investigating a strange occurance. We recently found several Timberwolves who had been killed in strange ways. We believe that we are close to determining the cause of this."

“Ah...yes...Timberwolves killed in “strange ways”. Well I hope your people...err ponies find out the cause soon.” Revan shifted his eyes back and forth, though not noticeable through the darkness of his mask. “I guess I’ll be in my cell if you need me.”

Celestia couldn't help but feel Revan was hiding something, but she shrugged it off. "Well ok then. I'll send for you when I'm ready to talk." Celestia gave a slight wave with her right hoof.

Comments ( 44 )

Critics, do your thing. :fluttershyouch:

it needs a little more dialog, and celestia just accepting him like that isn't very believable, but other than that it was overall very good:yay:

I can't really say anything about how you've done Revan's character because he's the player character from an RPG and I haven't read the novel, but this is entertaining. The only thing I would recommend is that you start the plot up soon, "introducing the human" sequences are a dime a dozen. Unless Revan trying to be accepted is the entire plot, in which case go for it. It would probably work well for him, he strikes me as the lonely type.

awww, why'd you stop?? it was just getting to the really interesting parts. moar please :pinkiehappy:

MOOARRRRRR
I like it but "me and my sister" while correct in grammar is rude a royal would put themselves last "my sister and I" :twilightangry2: :twilightangry2: :twilightangry2: :twilightangry2: :twilightblush:
sorry still good story so far the only problem I have with it is that I want more. :moustache: moustache

432499
Oh? What's this?
You want my complete and full honesty, knowing it could potentially hurt?

Well, well.

This.

IS.

Pretty good, actually.

Although, do you have a pre-reader? This could really benefit from one. Not saying that the chapters are garbage, but they could be a lot more refined with an outside opinion.
Anyway, keep up the great work!

432738 Yay it's pretty good! :pinkiehappy: I have an editor, but that's about it.

432787No,the story sucks,you should delete it.
See that sarcasm just flowing out of my mouth?

432847 I think??? Yes.

wired.com/images_blogs/underwire/2009/12/grievous_intrigue1-660x371.jpg ;
YOU WILL POST THE NEXT CHAPTER, OR I WILL FIRE THE ION CANNON AT APPLEJECK

Straight to the point: MOAR!

435600 Seem to be the craze these days. lol :rainbowlaugh:

432787 Not sure who the editor is, but tell him/her/it to make sure that all necessary commas are included (I noticed quite a few sentences that should have them, but don't).

436829 I will dispatch bombers to sabotage your firing of the ion cannon. :rainbowdetermined2:

Sorry, any problems that slip through are totally my fault, I really need to step up my editing... I'll try harder for future chapters.

All hail lord Revan I will be watching to see more. This is pretty good and it's the only KOTOR mlp crossover I've ever read so it's a good first

Really great story, I like the Badass character type that always keeps his cool! Love the story and I agree with Happy Thoughts more is required! :trollestia:

Hmm, I approve of this, I am a massive Kotor and Biware fanboy having put thousands of hours into Bioware games. So please continue this.

WHY DID I HAVE NOT SEEN THIS BEFORE!? :raritydespair:

I too am a massive, massive fan of KotOR, Bioware, and Star Wars in general. I can't even count the number of times I have played and beaten the first KotOR. I even still have my original copy, which is currently sitting in a trophy case :twilightsmile:

GIVE ME MOAR YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!....if you dont mind that is...eep!:fluttershbad:

Great story when do you think you'll have the next chapter out?

436829 he will not give in to this threat my good sir.....for the ion cannon only affects machinery,,,ponies are no robots.....or are they:trollestia:

Your writing is good and you have a fun and interesting premise for the fic. I'm glad I found it, and am eagerly awaiting more. However, I do feel that you could make the story better by slowing down a bit and expanding on what is happening. Right now it feels like you are rushing through all sorts of possibly very fun situations. The introductions to the Mane 6 are a good example. Those introductions could have easily taken up more than just one chapter and given us a great chance for us to see each of the Mane 6's initial relationship with Revan and any possible hijinks that could have happened during that time (like perhaps Applejack or Big Mac finding Revan before Twilight explained things to them and rushing forward to defend Applebloom or the farm). I do realize that slowing down a bit on how things progress could bog you down while writing it, though, so do what you feel is best while keeping your motivation to write high. I look forward to more!

Aru

Not bad but i cannot imagine this guy as a real Revan... he look so much out of character! He is acting more like some fresh Jedi Knight not like one of the greatest jedi and sith in history of Star Wars universe.

536177
You also have the original copy on a display?
I though only I did that

Anyway good fic bro :eeyup:

1306445

And I have the Xbox I played it on since I was a kid in it too, along with all of my favorite childhood games :ajsmug:

THIS SUCKS!

Now that I have your attention I would like to ask if you are continuing the story. it is a good one, contrary to the above statement, and I would enjoy it being continued or cancel it if you are not.

I'm thinking the Empire should pose a potential threat. They're forever expanding their domain and Equestria isn't beyond conquering. Plus, Revan could get in to their good graces by saving them. Two birds, one force propelled stone.

Revamped version maybe by someone else? Find a decent Starwars writer in this place and see if they would like to take this story and give it a try? I would love to see what happens and not knowing is gonna really cause me stress.

4771657 But generally Jedi that manage to come back from the dark side don't use the powers they gained from it because it is fueled by the emotions they escaped from.

4771652 Yeah that's who I meant. :rainbowlaugh:

4771927 he never said he left the dark side, perhaps. No it's not possible, but the evidence is there. No it can't be. I know the answer now, he is neutral. A meutral Jedi can use both powers of the force thought he appears closer to the light. It is undeniable he is a rare OP force user.

Comment posted by The Gentlebot 6 deleted Jul 30th, 2014

4772545 And we have come full circle to my original statement. :rainbowkiss:

4774345 it appears we have, oh well at least he is OP maybe more OP than lord vader

4775248

Revan was once described as the most powerful force-user to ever live. Logically "to ever live" means past, present, and future. He was even described as feeling like the "heart of the Force" by Kreia. All Vader has is a high midiclorian count. The movies and the MMORPG The Old Republic are our only sources of canon. Since said game was announced to be Star Wars canon. In the movies, Vader's greatest Force feat is blocking blaster bolts with his hand. Well, maybe sending a bunch of stuff at Luke (who stupidly slashed at the junk).

Revan's greatest feat in The Old Republic is smashing ships with asteroids. Or teleporting. Or taking down dozens of people who are either A) Mandalore, B) whatever the Agent gets, or C) the Emperor's Fury. The players team up with dozens of their fellows to fight him. He kills large numbers of the players multiple times (because they get revived by teammates). So, canonically, you could say that Revan is dozens to hundreds of times (not counting or counting the revived kills, respectively) than the Emperor's Fury who is in turn capable of curbstomping any member of the Dark Council (a Darth).

Yep, pretty sure Revan lives up to his reputation as the most powerful ever. Let us also not forget that, while in stasis, he not only prevented the Sith Emperor Vitiate from stealing his power, but he forced Vitiate to basically become a vegetable and stripped him of a huge portion of his power (which is the canonical reason for why the Hero of Tython could defeat Vitiate). For comparison in power, Darths of the Great Hyperspace War were said to be so powerful they made even the greatest Jedi Masters and Darths of the Jedi Civil War (and the Sith War that came after) look like novices. Vitiate, after the Great Hyperspace War, stole the power (and life) from all of the surviving Darths and thousands of the strongest other Sith as well as pretty much the entire Sith species to empower himself. He is still significantly weaker than Revan.

...Yeah... that guy is basically a walking "I Win" button.

Bronzer, what about dearth bane? I mean, he could move Suns with the force. Which is recorded in the books

*Finds this just now. reads that it's canceled and proceeds to do a Darth Vader impression.*

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Ah well, gonna read it anyway. Revan was a badass, even if apparently he acts like a shiny in this, judging by the comments.

Enjoyed reading this, shame that its canceled. Revan is one my favorite star wars characters and was nice to see him featured in mlp. its a shame alot people think he is weak, even though outside of the games he had more notable feats of power.

Login or register to comment