• Published 4th Mar 2012
  • 5,506 Views, 117 Comments

Revan's End - Geios



Using something he never though he would have to use, Revan transported himself...somewhere...

  • ...
4
 117
 5,506

The First Day

- The First Day -

Dawn broke, the sunlight slowly filtering through the cracks in the barricade that Revan had erected in haste the night before. Revan, still feeling tired despite his long rest, sat up against a wall of the cave. Still wondering where the hell he was and how long he was going to last. Though the recent fight with this caves inhabitants subdued that last thought, they had been easy enough, what else could this world throw at him?

It had seemed to Revan that his thinking process had not quite gotten back to what it used to be, that last thought seemed to be tempting fate somewhat. Of course there is more that the world can throw at him, hell, there could even be a Krayt Dragon although that was highly unlikely. It doesn’t hurt to consider the possibility however, except for the depression that comes from considering endless what-ifs.

Growing tired of just sitting slouched against the wall, Revan rose to his feet and headed towards the entrance. Moving these boulders seemed significantly easier than last night, due to the fact that he was now using the force to move them rather than brute force.

The light outside had been quite brighter than he imagined, briefly blinding him. “The mornings on this world are just so serene”, he thought. It was a sight to see, even though it was just a dense jungle. Being locked up for three hundred years kind of makes you appreciate the little things.

Exiting the cave that was his temporary home, Revan took his mask off, immediately feeling the morning air breeze across his face. He had not felt like this since he was back on the Rakata world, the last planet he ever saw before he took flight on his journey. Taking a step outside, he remembered he left his saber back over where he slept. Easily pulling it to his hand he resumed walking.

The first task at hand was gathering some edible food, he thought, his stomach grumbling due to a lack of food from the previous day. He took a quick glance to his side and noticed the foes he had slain the previous night. It was a disgusting sight, maggots crawling all over them. Having such a thing outside of his cave would indeed deter others from entrance, but was it worth the smell? Pondering this thought, he finally decided to move them somewhere and burn the corpses.

“I really don’t want to start a forest fire,” he said “it would be quite troublesome.” Not wanting to get his hands dirty he once again called upon the force to solve his problem for him, as he lifted the corpses up and took them over to an opening in the forest.

Revan had set the bodies down right in the middle of the clearing. He then proceeded to ignite the bodies by way of force lightning. It seemed the easiest way since any other way would require him to find tools for making a fire.

Disregarding the amount of smoke that had billowed up due to the combustible nature of those creatures, Revan moved on to find food, or even a river for that matter. There had to be something somewhere. To avoid getting lost this the jungle, Revan activated his saber and gripped it with the force. He planted the tip of it into the ground and walked forward, now having a sufficient means of keeping track of where he has been.

- - -

It had been about thirty minutes of walking until he came across that familiar sound of water. Determined to quench his thirst he sprinted towards the sound, forgetting entirely about even making a trail. Coming to an opening he found it, a river that seemed as clear as the most purified water. Without delay he threw himself to the ground and scooped up handfuls of water, hastily drinking until he felt his thirst to be quite slaked.

Sitting there on the bank of the river, he once again looked up at the sky, though this time he had the creeping feeling that something was watching him. Turning around, he saw nothing behind him but the forest and some rocks and the occasional fallen branch.

Shrugging off the feeling he stood up, content that his thirst had been assuaged. He turned back towards the forest, but not before seeing an odd sight. Had it been a sort of bird, or flying creature? This thought passed and left his mind as quickly as it came.

There was no way what he had seen could be real could it? It left a multicolored trail in its wake, and as far as Revan knew there was nothing that could do that, at least no living organisms.

His continued search for food left him somewhat unaware of his surroundings; this was almost his undoing when he wandered into the path of a passing beast of some sort. The beast had that appeared appeared feline and had bat wings and some form of segmented tail. Revan saw this all in an instant as the beast charged straight at him, tail held high almost immediately upon catching sight of him. Revan, quickly taking stock of his surroundings force jumped into the tree behind him and watched as the abomination slammed head first into the base of the tree. The tree shook quite a lot at the initial blow though Revan held his place. He took this opportunity to make the kill. Switching on his saber he jumped down towards the beast. As the dark purple glow of the saber disappeared into the beast’s back with a loud hissing noise immediately killing the beast. It had seemed he had lunch for today, possibly even dinner. The tail of this creature seemed like it would be poisonous due to the scorpion-like nature of it. Revan gripped the tip of the tail with the force and lifted it up in the air, thus granting a clean cut for his saber at the base of the tail. The body fell and Revan flung the tail into some nearby bushes.

- - -

The day seemed to have been half way over by the position of the sun. Making his way back to his cave home, Revan was just really wanting to get this thing cooked and into his stomach.

Reaching the cave, there seemed to be something that was amiss. He had that feeling of being watched again. This time the feeling was a lot stronger and it felt like that whatever it was that was watching him was close. Though from his point of view there was nothing that he could see watching him. Stopping and looking around for a moment Revan muttered to himself “Hmm. Must be imagining things… Yeah, just my imagination.”

Slowly entering his cave, body in front of him, he set the beast down. “Now would be a good time to look for some wood for a fire I suppose.” Perhaps those wooden creatures that he had burned would have been suitable. Though the fact that they may have harboured some nasty diseases made him retract that thought.

- - -

After a trek through the forest provided him with an abundant supply of twigs and logs, he returned to his cave and began preparations to make a fire. The preparation being just throwing most of the sticks and such onto the ground and putting them ablaze with some lightning. The light from inside the cave could draw attention to him since it was nearing night, and he had everything that he needed for the night. Moving towards the entrance of the cave he lifted the boulders that had been placed there the previous night and placed them back in their original spots. Save the gaps in between the boulders, it seemed to be pretty solid. Something would have to purposely be looking for him to notice his place of residence.

The night dragged on, sounds of crickets and other insects filled the air outside. Just like the morning, the night was just as peaceful. Taking out the fact that there were predators out in those woods and going out at night was not the best idea, it was still peaceful.

Lying down beside the dwindling fire that he had made, the thoughts of the previous day came back to him. “Who was that small yellow creature, and how might I go approaching such a thing?” Revan had thought as he looked into the fire. If he were to get anywhere on this world he would have to get to know the locals, seeing as though this planet would be his grave it wouldn’t hurt to have some friends.

Another thought came into his mind regarding the ability he used to get here. Perhaps if he used it again… “No.” He thought. “I am doing just fine as it is, no need to go somewhere that could possibly be even worse.”

Practicing this ability wouldn’t hurt though, who knows if he would need to use it again. Though actually having control of where he went. He would need to practice it on something besides himself, since it seemed the most reasonable thing at the time. He would start with small things such as rocks, and slowly make his way up in the size of things. Perhaps using it even on living things, he decided he would make his way over to the river tomorrow to test.