• Published 4th Mar 2012
  • 5,507 Views, 117 Comments

Revan's End - Geios



Using something he never though he would have to use, Revan transported himself...somewhere...

  • ...
4
 117
 5,507

Something Always Goes Wrong

- Something Always Goes Wrong -

A new day dawned on Revan and he felt much more optimistic about his prospects. He had a good meal the previous night and even though he ate a foreign creature he knew nothing about, he seemed to be doing just fine health wise.

Today was the day he would train up on this skill of his. Better to master it than have a basic understanding of it right? He got up off the rocky floor wincing a bit at his stiffness from his lack of experience sleeping rough. Probably should find some sort of bed material. Not wanting to lose any daylight thinking of what kind of material would suit such a purpose best he walked over to the entrance.

Removing the rocks once more, yet this time in a fashion that made it so there was now a door sized entrance, Revan made his way outside.

There was something around him again. Not wanting to spook what ever it was that had its eye on him he carried on with his task, subtly trying to catch a glimpse of what was spying on him. What could possibly be so interested in me to stalk me day and night? It dawned on him that either he could be the first of his kind to be in this place, or that it was just a very curious animal.

The walk towards the river was a long and awkward one. The thing following him was hiding in bushes behind him as he walked. What ever it was that was stalking him, it wasn’t very good at doing so.

- - -

Coming to the edge of the river Revan had sat down on a large rock. Firstly, before practicing any sort of force ability he needed to “stretch his force muscles”, essentially using basic force abilities like picking multiple massive objects up and levitating them around himself. Revan started with the boulder he was sitting on, remaining completely unfazed on top of it, thus proceeding to lift others as well, ones as large as he could find.

These boulders orbited around Revan for a good five minutes before he set them all down carefully, mind you, as to not cause a large commotion.

Feeling confident now that he would be able to complete his practice for today, he gave it a shot. Even though he wanted to use himself for practice so that he could master this quicker, he decided that it was best to go slow as to not mess up and end up somewhere completely different.

The first object that had come to mind for practicing was the boulder Revan had been sitting on. Getting up off of it, he walked over to the other side of the river for safety. He then concentrated on that rock and where he wanted it to go. An aura appeared around the rock for a short amount of time and a bright flash occurred. The object disappeared, but only for a second as it reappeared just beside him. Though it was elevated slightly off the ground when it was transported so it made quite an audible thud when it it the ground, birds flying from nearby trees in alarm.

First attempt was a success! For the most part anyway. He managed to get one thing from one spot to another, all he needed to do now was figured out how to make it alter the altitude of the object he was transporting.

- - -

Through trial and error, Revan quickly learned from his mistakes and was quite on his way to mastering said ability. Live specimen trials were next. Though these would prove to be something at a different level of difficulty entirely.

Focusing on one of the fish, the results were not as successful. For one, there now was, instead of a fish, a mutilated blob of organs and meat appearing right in front of Revan. “Oh well, onto more specimens!” he had said aloud.

There were a few more fish that turned out the ways the first did, but Revan had caught on to what he was doing wrong and the next attempt had resulted in a success, apart from the fish dieing from suffocation on land. At least he had dinner now. Making sure he fine polished his skills, he tried it a few more times on some other fish. Every one of which had passed through that fold in space that he had created without grotesque injuries! Perhaps now would be a sufficient time to practice it on himself, but moving the fish that he had “caught” back to his home would be his first priority. Wouldn’t want scavengers coming by and taking his catch now would he?

Standing completely still, Revan had thought of the cave and looking in that direction. He didn’t expect to see a creature sitting there in the forest in some sort of terrible excuse for camouflage. No that was probably the last thing he expected to see, and the fact that it had a notebook and a writing utensil shocked him. Was he being studied like some lab experiment?

The creature noticed Revan’s stare and stood up in shock, exposing it from its cover and revealing a purple colored animal with a horn protruding from its head.

Startled by this, Revan quickly thought of that last creature he had seen that looked similar, just with different colors and no horn. He thought of the cottage and in an instant he was going in a bright flash of light. Leaving that purple animal possibly in a state of shock and fear, maybe even slight temporary blindness seeing as though it had been staring him down the entire time.

Reappearing outside of the door of the cottage, Revan let out a gasp of air. None to sooner after appearing had he noticed the door had been open and standing there was the tiny yellow creature from before. It let out a loud, piercing sound. “Eeeeeeeek!!!” This time instead of fleeing it just stood there, not moving an inch with eyes as wide as saucers.

He had never seen this thing up close before, but it seemed quite harmless. Relaxing a bit Revan finally spoke up, he needed to make contact with the natives eventually if he were to make any progress on this world anyway.

“So..uh..surprise?” Revan said, not sure as to why he said surprise. It came as a surprise to the creature before him as he spoke though. This observation could be made due to the fact that it had just fainted and fell over on to its left side, in a stiff manner with legs protruding outwards. So much for first impressions.

Frantically trying to wake up the small thing, Revan sensed something approaching from behind, quite fast at that. Putting a serious face back on he turned around to see a cyan streak coming at him, though before it got too close he just put out his hand it came to a sudden stop in the air.

He brought it to him, while it was struggling in his grasp. It appeared to be just like the one one the ground behind him. Had it thought I hurt it? Looking at the face of this creature he had he could see the mixed emotions of fear and anger in its eyes. Looking back at the passed out animal on the ground behind him, he put the cyan creature inside the cottage with it and closed the door. Revan had at least hoped it would be more concerned about the safety of it’s fellow species than to take revenge on him.

Turning from the door and proceeding to teleport back to his home hoping to let the heat die down he was stopped by a sudden grasp around his body. There was nothing physically holding him but he did see an aura around him, and from it it seemed there was yet another creature running towards him. This time it was the one from the forest, that horn of its glowing the same color as the aura he had been surrounded in. Though it did feel familiar, was this thing adapt in the force? It was a possibility, and with that he broke free of the grasp with ease. Though not as adapt as me apparently.

The purple creature stood there, dumbfounded possibly as to how he had manged to break free of the grasp. Using this opportune time to flee from these things without causing them anymore harm than he has, he was yet again interrupted. This time by the cyan one catching him off guard and slamming him to the ground. It had seemed as though the yellow one was already back on its feet and just stood there cowering in the door way.

Determined to get out of the area as quickly as possible, Revan let out a burst of energy pushing back both the cyan and purple creatures. Not wasting the short, but interrupt-able, time that it took to teleport away he rather just used the force to amplify his speed making a hasty get away.

- - -

Finally back at his cave, he closed the entrance behind him. “What a day...” He said, letting out an exhausted sigh. Who would have thought? First interactions with the local populace had turned out worse than expected. Well.. at least something productive came out of today. Remembering the practice he had with the whole Fold Space occurrence.

Tired and worn out from that very long sprint all the way back to his cave, Revan lay down on the rock floor. Pondering what possible exciting adventures the next day had for him. This made him let out an annoyed sigh. Fidgeting around on the ground for a short while until he finally came to a position that was not so uncomfortable, he curled up on his right side. “I really need to get some bedding material...”