• Published 4th Mar 2012
  • 5,495 Views, 117 Comments

Revan's End - Geios



Using something he never though he would have to use, Revan transported himself...somewhere...

  • ...
4
 117
 5,495

A New Found Life

- A New Found Life -

It was around 12:40 PM when Revan finally glanced up at the clock sitting just above Twilight’s head in his field of view. The two ponies in the room with him were doing the same thing they had been doing just minutes before. Rainbow was chowing down on that... grass sandwich thing, and Twilight was just staring, probably eager to to learn what Revan had promised to teach. He did intend to share his knowledge of course, just not yet.

Rainbow had finished eating and said that she had some clouds to place for tonight. Both Revan and Twilight acknowledged this with a simple nod and she set off, not through the door like any normal person... err... pony... but through the open window.

There was a brief paucity of conversation as Revan slowly munched on the apple that Twilight had given him. Twilight was the one to break the silence with a question.

“So how did you get here?”

“I told you I would tell you everything once I got settled in. No need to go rushing into knowledge you may not be ready for.”

Twilight looked at Revan with a hint of understanding in her eyes. She had begun to get up and walk towards the entrance to the library section of the tree. Revan followed and disposed of his apple core. The amount of knowledge stored in these books was but a fraction of what Revan was used to having on hand in the data archives he was used to, yet to live in a library must have meant she has...

“I read all of these books,a few times over, so I am quite knowledgeable! Are you sure you can’t give me a teensy weensy idea of where you are from, I’m sure that I’ll understand. I mean, it can’t be that outrageous right?” Twilight just kept babbling about her extensive knowledge on all things Equestrian.

“Twilight..”

“Have you ever heard of a dragon? Scary things, they could gobble you up in one bite!”

“Actually I...”

“And don’t get me started on the creatures in the Everfree Forest!”

“Twilight, I think I under...”

Before she could get in some other random sentence about wildlife and such, Revan put his hand up to her mouth. A clear sign that she was indeed talking way too much.

“Shh.” Revan said as he held his hand to her muzzle. Blushing, she nodded, most likely embarrassed that she had been rambling. Having given her time to contain the flood of questions that evidently filled her, Revan released his hand and got up.

“Alright, if you are that interested in where I am from I will tell you. Though only a “teensy weensy idea”.” He had said as Twilight looked at him with an excited gleam in her eyes and a smile across her face.

“Space.” Revan said blandly.

“Space? Like where the stars are space?” She asked in astonishment.

“Yes, speaking of space. I have been wanting to know if there are any spaceports around here.”

“Space... ports?”

“Never mind. Let’s get going, I want to meet this Applejack you were talking about earlier.”

If this pony did indeed have extensive knowledge on Equestria then that means there were most likely no spaceports anywhere inside the borders of this land, possibly even none on the entire planet. Perhaps this would be his permanent residence. As Revan reflected on this he mused that it would probably not be too bad to live here. The world he was currently on seemed devoid of outside interactions from the looks of it. A true utopia, someplace someone could start a new life. One where nobody would come looking to take his head.

- - -

The two walked down the roads of Ponyville with eyes watching them at every step. It had seemed the local populace had an intense curiosity about Revan’s presence. Word must spread fast around here. There were literally ponies gathering from, apparently nowhere, and following whilst staring quite openly.

Ignoring those behind him Revan traveled onwards. Twilight had noticed those following them and she tugged on Revan’s lower garments to get his attention.

“Can you teleport into the sky to get a look for where a farm with apple trees on it is?” Twilight asked, Revan having no idea what she was getting at.

“I suppose I could, but why do you want me to do that? You should know where it is already.”

“Of course I know where it is, but if my teleportation spell is anything like yours then you need to know where you are teleporting to first.”

She had a good point, teleporting out of town would be much easier and they wouldn’t have ponies following them around everywhere. Revan knew what she said was the truth, but was also wondering how she could teleport as well. He would have to ask her later.

“No need for me to teleport Twilight, I can just jump. Tell me what direction this apple farm is though, I’m sure that would be helpful.”

“It’s to the left of us at the moment, and what do you mean you can jump? Nopony can jump higher than a building, how will you be able to see it?” Twilight asked in a confused sounding voice.

“I’m not a pony remember.” Revan stated in a flat tone reserved for stating the blindingly obvious. “Nopony huh? Must be their way of saying no one, I’ll keep that in mind for future interactions.”

“Well, if you’re sure... anyway I’ll meet you there!” She said as she disappeared in a flash of purple light, similar to how Revan had teleported.

He took that as his cue to get moving. After building up some Force, he leapt into the air and faced to his left. There was indeed a farm in that direction and he could see a barn. That seemed to be the best place to transport to. While he was up in the sky he could see all of Ponyville as well, it was beautiful to say the least. The locals down under him all were all standing in awe, their mouths hanging open in astonishment.

A quick flash of bright light materialized and Revan was at the barn. It looked in tip top shape, even though it was made out of wood. Something like this must take a lot of work to maintain, unlike farms in most other places of the galaxy. The order of the planted trees was something as well, even the number of them was surprising. There had to be at least 400 trees in view.

Revan was leaning on the side of the barn, appreciating the view when he heard footsteps coming from his side. Twilight came around the corner of the barn followed by an orange pony, with a stetson, and it had a mark on its rear end that resembled three apples. Revan had assumed the orange pony was this Applejack that Twilight had been talking about. Turning towards the two ponies approaching him he gave a smile, even though his face was hidden behind a mask.

“Hey there, you must be Applejack.” Revan greeted.

The orange pony seemed hesitant to speak, and it was apparent that she was quite nervous. Twilight had been trying to calm her down, though it was looking like a lost cause. She even tried to back away, but Twilight caught her with her magic and set her down in front of Revan.

“Come on Applejack give him a chance!” Twilight had said in attempt break through her fright.

“Ah...Ah s’pose it wouldn’t hurt..” She reluctantly said.

Revan took this as a cue to start up the introductory process again.

“The names Revan.”

“A..Applejack. P..Pleased to m... meet yeh.”

“You don’t need to be afraid of me Applejack. I’m not here to hurt you or anything. Promise.” Revan had reached out to Applejack for a handshake.. or hoofshake. She accepted the offer and they shook hand and hoof.

“So Twilight tells me that yah are new round these parts, Ah’d be happy to show yah the farm once yer all settled in.”

“That would be nice, I’ll be sure to put some time aside to come by.”

Twilight chimed in as they were greeting each other. “Well now that we have all met each other I think we should get going to Rarity’s.”

“Good idea Twilight, oh and Applejack I see that you have a lot of apples that still need to be harvested. If you need any help with that it would be my pleasure assist as well as I can!”

“Ah’ll keep that in mind, it wouldn’t hurt to have an extra hoof around the place!” Applejack had replied giving an approving nod.

- - -

Revan and Twilight were once again walking together. This time they absolutely had to make a trek through town so Revan would just have to deal with the unwanted attention that this would bring. A thought came to Revan’s mind as they walked and he brought it up to Twilight.

“Hey Twilight, I have an idea as to not be noticed by those in town. Just bear with me for awhile, I promise I will be right behind you the entire time just keep going to this Rarity’s place.”

Twilight didn’t get a chance to respond before Revan appeared to just vanish into thin air. The unicorn looked confused, but she did as he had said and continued on.

Revan followed behind her cloaked, as to not draw eyes to him. For the most part Twilight was trusting of his plan, though she did look back a few times to see if he was there. From Revan’s point of view the only thing that might give his position away would be the sound of walking and foot imprints on the ground.

As they traveled through the town nopony noticed the fact that Revan was walking behind Twilight. Twilight herself still looked unsure as to whether or not he was following behind her.

“If you’re still back there, we’re almost at Rarity’s.” Twilight had said to what seemed to be nopony in particular.

Before Revan was about to say okay, a pink pony popped up right in front of him. He fell back to the ground with the pink pony looking down at him. He was wondering how the hell it found out where he was. Though it didn’t seem to matter much anymore since his cover was probably blown. Revan undid his cloaking and faced the interloper.

“Hi there! You’re new here aren’t you?! I know that because I know everypony around here, but you don’t look like a pony! In fact I don’t think I have ever seen anypony like you before!” Gasping, she zipped away in a flash. There was no real explanation as to what just transpired, and if there were many brains would die.

“What... just happened?”

“Oh that was Pinkie being Pinkie is all.” Twilight responded, seemingly unfazed by what happened.

“Ooooookay?... Well then, shall we keep moving?”

“Of course, Carousel Boutique is right down the road!”

“Sounds... spiffy.”

The two arrived at Rarity’s and Twilight knocked on the door. “Just a minute!” Called a voice from inside, seeming somewhat panicky. Revan looked up at a window above the door to see a silhouette pacing back and forth. He was leaning on the side of the building waiting, and it wasn’t until around five minutes later that Rarity came down and opened the door. Twilight greeted Rarity who seemed to be an upper class type, judging by the style of her hair and her diamond marks. She hadn’t noticed Revan until Twilight mentioned him leaning on the building to her left. Rarity let out a brief scream and then darted inside. This seemed to be the usual treatment for him, aside from that one pink pony Twilight called Pinkie.

“Well shit, I scared another one away. You know this does wonders for my self-esteem.” Revan said blandly.

Twilight rushed into the Boutique after Rarity and Revan followed her to the entrance but no further, it would not be polite to enter uninvited. The inside was just as he would have expected from the exterior. It was rather fancy to say the least. Not the kind of place that he would want to stick around for an extended amount of time.

The purple unicorn came down the stairs and motioned for Revan to follow her upstairs. He understood, but realised that intruding on one’s property without even know them and at the same time having just scared them out of sight was not a good mix.

“I think I’ll just stay down here. See if you can calm her down and get her back here to talk.”

Twilight nodded and proceeded back upstairs. A muffled argument breaking out from the room above. It sounded like someone was throwing pots and pans around, yet to as who would keep pots and pans in their bedroom is quite the question. The noise died down as Revan maintained a calm facade, internally mildly worried due to the amount of fuss this one pony seemed to be causing.

Eventually Rarity came down the stairs managing to look like Revan was someone she was used to seeing..

“Hello, sir. I take it you have found a liking to my door frame?” Rarity asked, seeing that Revan had been leaning on it in an uncomfortable way.

“Why yes, it is quite the comfortable door frame.” He replied sarcastically. “I kid though, as door frames are not in the least comfortable as I’m sure you know.”

This conversation was already off to a disastrous start, and Revan was painfully aware of that fact. Now was not the best time to be messing around with ponies, first impressions and all that. He had to think of some way to salvage this first meeting. The only thing he could think of was apologising sincerely to Rarity.

“I apologise Mrs. Rarity, it was unjust of me to say such a thing.” Revan had said with a bow.

“Oh my, a gentlecolt. It’s not everyday you get to meet somepony like that.” Rarity proclaimed as she walked closer to Revan and patted him on the shoulder. “It’s okay dear, I forgive you.”

“Of course she is the one to have to forgive, but I am going to have to go along with this.” He thought as she patted him on the shoulder. “Thank you Rarity.”

“Not a problem, though...about what you are wearing...it seems awfully ragged.”

“This is how I have always worn it...it’s supposed to look like this...”

Rarity did circles around Revan probably trying to get a measurement. “Hmmmm.” She had said as she sat down in front of him with a some sort of thinking face going on. “I suppose you’re right, though it only looks good if you look at it as something other than something that..mostly anyone...would wear..” At this Rarity twitched a little. It had seemed this pony was quite fashion centered, and the fact that she owned a boutique only added to that assumption ten fold.

Twilight was standing by the staircase for the entire time that Revan was being checked out by Rarity. Having her hoof on her face for the most part. This sort of thing most likely happened a lot with Rarity. She trotted over to the door way and waited for Revan.

“Uhh..Rarity. Revan and I have one last stop to make so we are going to have to cut this visit short.” Twilight had said to the white unicorn.

“Oh, that’s fine darling!” She looked to Revan. “We’re not done here. You’re coming back soon and we are going to find something to spiff you up.”

Revan gladly followed Twilight out the front door and into the afternoon day. The two continued their journey through town yet again to reach Fluttershy’s house. Revan thought back to the previous day. “Hopefully this time she won’t turn stiff on me again.”

- - -

The cottage had come into view as Twilight and Revan approached Fluttershy’s residence. The last time he was here things went to hell in a handbasket. Revan was hoping to patch things up with Fluttershy, and possibly gain another friend in the process. It would be no easy task though, seeing as though both encounter with the pony left her shocked and scared. Rain clouds began to form overhead as they neared the cottage. This would have to wrap up fast, staying out in the rain was not on Revan’s to-do list for the evening.

Crossing the small bridge Revan couldn’t help but admire his surroundings. It was more beautiful than the first time he was here, he didn’t really take the time to take in the scenery the second. There were many places for animals to be housed along the winding path that lead up to her front door. This was the last stop for the day, then he had to either find somewhere to sleep for the night or go back into the woods to the cave he had.

Knocking on the door was not necessary as Fluttershy had already met up on her way out of the door. Not in the normal way, but forcefully thrown out. Revan ran to her aid unsheathing one of his sabers. When he got to her she seemed more scared of him than whatever it was that threw her out of her house. Revan stared into the cottage wondering what monster was in there. Rain began to fall shortly after Twilight saw Fluttershy on the ground.

“Fluttershy are you okay?!” Twilight had yelled as she galloped up to the yellow pegasus’ side.

“I’m...alright...Angel is just being fussy about his dinner again.” She said, making quick glances at Revan who was still looking into the cottage. It appeared that she noticed his saber was dangerous due to the fact that the rain was sizzling off of its radiant glow. “Don’t hurt Angel, he didn’t mean anything by it!” Fluttershy said trying to convince Revan to sheath his weapon.

Revan turned to Fluttershy who squeaked in response. He switched off his saber and returned it to its resting place. A small bunny then came walking out of the front door of the cottage with an annoyed look on its face. There is no way that this could have been the culprit responsible for throwing a fully grown pony out of a door.

“Angel! You’d better go back inside it’s raining!” From anyone else it would have sounded like a command, but from this shy of a pony it was more like a soft suggestion.

The bunny flipped her off and turned back into the cottage. Fluttershy seemed content that he was back inside, but still nervous about Revan standing in front of her. The rain was relentless and Revan hadn’t wanted to stay out any longer than he need.

“Fluttershy.” Revan said as he reached a hand out to her. “We need to get you inside, this rain is becoming bothersome.”

“I agree, let’s get you inside before it gets worse.” Twilight chimed in.

Fluttershy nodded and took Revan’s hand, assisting her in getting off the ground. They proceeded into the cottage, closing the door behind them and making their way to what seemed to be the living room. Revan was the first to sit down on the couch that lay in front of him, he sighed in relief at the rest he had now received from being up and about all day. Though he wasn’t as tired as he let on to be, actually he was fine, but he wanted this day to be over already and this apology out of the way. Twilight followed and sat next to him, with Fluttershy sitting on a lounge chair. Revan sat up a bit and got more serious, though not too much as to scare the poor Fluttershy.

“So Fluttershy, I have been stopping by your friends places today and I wanted to come by to see you before this day is over.”

“You wanted to...see me?” She asked in a curious tone. Twilight sat quietly as Revan continued with his apology.

“Alright, so, I wanted to apologise for scaring you yesterday. I have an explanation if you would like to hear it. Not a long one, but enough to sort this whole mess out.”

“Oh...no that’s fine...I don’t need an explanation or anything like that, I mean...if you don’t mind.”

“Fine, with me.” Revan said, being relieved of having to explain things to her.

“Revan!” Twilight said irritably. “Aren’t you at least going to say sorry?!”

“But she said I didn’t have to!” he said pointing at Fluttershy.

“It’s fine Twilight, I know he is sorry, he doesn’t have to apologise.”

Twilight sat back into the couch in defeat, Revan letting out a small laugh. The laugh subsided as he got up from his seat. The sun had already almost completely gone down and the only visible sight of it was its crest.

“Let’s get going, it’s getting late. Been nice meeting you Fluttershy.”

“Oh, uh, you too Mr. Revan.”

Revan teleported out of the cottage and back to Twilight’s library. Spotting a small creature as he materialized. It donned purple scales and green spines. The small thing had the widest set of eyes when it saw Revan, dropping the books it carried. Twilight soon followed after Revan with her own teleport noticeable by its purple flash. She saw the creature and ran over to it waving her hoof in front of its face. Finally snapping out of it, it looked at Twilight and asked who it was that was standing in front of it. Twilight quickly explained and the creature gave a nod and went back to what ever it was that it was doing.

“If you were wondering, that’s my assistant, Spike.” Twilight said to Revan.

“What exactly is Spike?”

“A dragon. Well, baby dragon.”

“Dragon huh, only ever seen a few in my time. Never seen one like that, even a baby one.”

“What do the dragons you know of look like?”

“Oh uhm, really, really big and could probably eat one of the houses outside in one bite. Scary stuff.”

“Thats...nice to know...I’m surprised such things exist.”

“Yes, well, there are a lot of dangerous things out there. I really am wanting to get some sleep soon, so I’ll be leaving for the night.”

“You’re going back to that cave? No no no, that won’t do. You are going to stay here for the night, though I don’t have an extra bed around...”

“That’s kind of you to offer, if you wouldn’t mind me being here I suppose I could stay. As for sleeping, I have been in a cave for a few days, I think I can put up with a floor for one more night.”

“Perfect! I’ll let you find a place down here. You know where the kitchen is, feel free to get something if you need it.”

Twilight made her way up the stairs into what was probably her bedroom. Revan now had a place to sleep for the night, that was not terribly cold and had rocks everywhere. It felt nice to him, though a hotel room would be nice. Perhaps there was one around here that he could get a room at.

He put his sabers down the table in the middle of the room. Alongside them he set down his mask, and went outside. The night air was chilling, yet comforting at the same time. Taking a seat on one of the roots that stretched out from the tree he looked to the stars. Revan didn't want to go back to those stars, not anymore. He wanted a new life, something that didn't involve galactic disputes. Something simpler, more relaxing, a sort of retirement. Yes, this is where he had decided that he would live out the rest of his life.