• Published 14th Oct 2013
  • 5,361 Views, 84 Comments

I Thought You Looked Familiar! - TheNewYorkBrony



One day on a class trip, a young girl named Twilight Sparkle makes the unsettling discovery that she is the most popular girl in a school she’s never heard of.

  • ...
17
 84
 5,361

Seeing Double

It was quiet for a moment. No sound was made by any girl. Not even Pinkie. The bustling sounds of the museum attendees had come to a screeching hault. “Wh-Why did the lights just cut off?” Twilight whispered.

“Shh!” Sunset commanded. “I think I know what’s going on.”

“You think? This isn’t a time for thinking! This is a time for knowing! And I wanna know what the heck is going on!” Dash whisper shouted.

“I’ll tell you once we get to the school. Right now, we need to get out of here!” Sunset grabbed Twilight’s hand and opened the emergency exit on the other side of the room. “We need to head to the gym! That’s where she’ll be!”

“That’s where who will be?!” Rarity demanded as they ran out the side of the building. She side stepped a dumpster making a noise of disgust as Rainbow just hurdled over it.

“No time to explain, you’ll see when we get there!” Sunset responded as the weaved through the back parking lot. Remembering that they all came on the bus, she cursed under her breath as they ran down the street. “Looks like we’re going to have to hoof it, girls!” She yelled to them.

“Is that some kind of joke?!” Twilight demanded, running along side her. “Is this really a time to be making pony puns?!”

“I wasn’t making a pun, I was being literal!” Sunset shouted back in protest. The air in her lungs was starting to burn and it was becoming annoying. “Would you shut-” She ran into something hard. Rubbing her head, Sunset looked up to see it was one of them. “Oh great, they found us.” She mumbled as she was picked up by her jacket collar. “Hey, this is real Italian leather you know!” She protested.

The others came to a screeching halt when they saw that Sunset was being manhandled by a creature that was possibly as tall as them. It had no face, just deep, soulless eyes.

“What the Sam Hill is that thing?!” Applejack shouted, backing up into Rarity.

“Shadow Keepers!” Sunset grunted, trying to pry it’s hands off of her. “They’re other worldly creatures from Equestria that are attracted to magical energy! They can travel through dimensions and quickly scope out any magical beings! And right now,” Sunset wiggled out of her jacket and landed in a three point stance. She raised her right foot and roundhouse kicked the creature in the jaw, injuring it and causing it to disintegrate into ash. She turned to the others. “We’re those beings.”

She broke into a sprint and the others followed suit.

“So, what exactly do these Shadow Keepers do once they find these magical beings?” Rainbow asked as she front kicked one.

“They absorb their energy and drain their life force.” Sunset grunted, elbowing one. “We’ve only got a couple more blocks to go! As long as we can stay together and keep up we should be fine!”

“I can’t do this! I can’t hurt anyone! Even if they are evil!” Fluttershy sobbed cowering as two Shadow Keepers surrounded her.

“Then let me do it for you! Hah!” Rainbow Dash responded, drop kicking the two and helping Fluttershy up. They hurriedly rushed to catch up with the others.

“Ah don’t think we can keep this up for much longer!” Applejack panted, punching one in the face then sidekicking another one. “All this runnin’ and fightin’ is gonna tire us all out!”

“We’re almost there!” Sunset assured her. “Ugrh!” She grunted, putting all her weight into mowing down a Keeper. “Just bare with me!”

Pinkie Pie groaned. “See?! If you hadn’t taken my backpack, we wouldn't be in this mess!” She protested, ducking as a Keeper swiped at her. “You people never listen to me!”

“We didn’t even know this was going to happen!” Rarity responded pointedly, sidestepping a Keeper. “If I did, I wouldn’t have worn such high heels!”

“You- Guys- I- Can’t- Fight!” Twilight huffed as she struggled to keep up. “I don’t even understand what’s going on!”

“Neither do I but you don’t see me sitting on my ass!” Rainbow replied, knocking two Keepers heads together.

“You ask for any excuse to kick someone’s ass. Let’s not go there!” Applejack told her, kneeing a Keeper in the jaw.

The rainbow haired girl’s head whipped in her direction angrily. “What was that, Blondie?!” She demanded. “You wanna-”

“Dash watch out!”

“Woah!” She shouted, flipping backwards as a hammer came crashing down in the spot she had been standing it. It broke the earth beneath it, cracking the asphalt. “What the hell?!” She breathed, landing on her bum.

“Reinforcements are here!” Sunset called from the front. “We better get a move on before we become dinner!”

“Less talky, more fighty!” Pinkie exclaimed, sliding throw a Keeper’s open legs. She had managed to get a hold of a PVC pipe from a garbage pile they had passed and was merrily whacking away at any Keeper in her path.

“Pinkie! This isn’t some stupid RPG! Real lives are at stake!” Twilight scolded, kicking a Keeper in the stomach, having finally grown the courage to fight. Even though she was pretty sure she was dreaming because there was no way in hell this could be happening. Doppelgangers? Talking Ponies? Shadow Keepers? This was all too much for her!

“We’re fighting for survival! We might as well have fun with it!” Pinkie protested, swinging wildly, and screaming at the top of her lungs.

“That is not the correct attitude to have during a situation like this!” Twilight yelled back, dodging a hammer swing by a big Keeper.

“Let her be! She’s taking out a good portion of them anyway!” Sunset responded to her, interjecting into their conversation. “Besides, look!” She added, pointing in front of her.

Everyone looked up to see that they had finally reached the school. Running at full speed now, they sprinted up the steps and pushed open the doors. Since only the seniors had went on the trip, the school was still full of kids who were in class as if an impending swarm of other dimensional creatures weren’t about to attack.

Sunset pulled the fire alarm and watched as kids flooded out of crowded classroom, wondering why the alarm had sounded in the middle of the day. Sunset cupped her hands around her mouth. “Attention Canterlot High Students!” She shouted, getting on top of a vending machine she had overturned. “You are in grave danger! Report to the auditorium immediately!”

“Why should we believe anything you say?” Diamond Tiara scoffed.

“Yeah, like, you were a bitch. Why would we listen to you now?” Silver Spoon added.

Sunset stepped down from the vending machine and walked up to the duo. “Okay, fine. You have a point.” She agreed. “Although....” She trailed, her eyes turned demonically black. “Don’t you think that if I wanted to hurt you, that I would have done it by now?”

Students began running in fear towards the auditorium. “Good!” She shouted. “And stay there!” As soon as the hallways cleared, Sunset crossed her arms feeling accomplished. Though the smug smirk on her face was wiped off when she saw Keepers trying to open the doors. “Rainbow Dash! Applejack! Barricade those doors!” She ordered. The two went to quickly complete their task.

Once the doors were secure, the group headed to the gym. Running quickly down the winding staircases, the girls made their way into it. Bursting through the doors, they were welcomed by silence and darkness. Sunset stepped in first, then motioned for the others to follow her. Rainbow and Applejack locked the doors again before running to catch up with the others.

They tip toed into the middle of the basketball court and stood there, waiting.

“Okay, who is this person that you wanted us to meet?” Rainbow asked, folding her arms impatiently.

“You’ll see.” Sunset told her. A minute passed and nothing happened. “Oh Jesus Christ.” She mumbled to herself. “It’s okay!” She then yelled into the darkness. “It’s just us!”

Another minute went by before something stirred in the darkness. It sounded like footsteps. They began to make out a person, and as the person came closer they could make out a large black cloak that obscured most of their face.

“We’re the only one’s here, so you might as well take that damned thing off.” Sunset grumbled, pointing towards the figure.

The person in front of them sighed, and pulled off the hood as a ray of sunlight shone through the windows high above them.

The girls all gasped in unison, not believing their eyes as the face of the mystery person became clear.

“T-T-Twlight?!”

Author's Note:

FINALLY! I'm so so so so so so so so so soooo sorry this took me so long! My senior year stuff started kicking in and I had absolutely no time to write! But thankully the year is coming to an end, which means more updates! Yay! Hope you guys liked this! P.S. Cloaked Twilight is pony Twilight!

Comments ( 16 )

ok 1 question, HOW?! don't let them touch or the universe will explode!! or implode or only the twilights will do that i don't know :moustache:

4228255 everything will be explained next chapter! :pinkiehappy::twilightsmile::pinkiesmile::scootangel:

4228286 I hope that comes out soon.

4228286 so around juli 15 i guess :rainbowwild::rainbowlaugh::scootangel:

Well...:ajbemused: No comments...:facehoof:

Huh, it does question, where is sunset's alternate?
Keep going! ;)

Wow. Good to see Twilight is back.

the story has been 1 that I hope to read more of soon, pony twilight and human twilight, how will thise turn out I got to know. so pelase update when you can and thanks for the story:twilightsmile:

Ok, I'll be honest, this all came out of left field, but, it's still interesting, so, I shall keep reading. :pinkiehappy:

Is this a kingdom heart crossover?:rainbowhuh:

4297757 haha no. i forgot that those things in kingdom hearts were called that. :rainbowhuh::twilightblush:

4298833
Well no, they're heartless but the you described them sounded similar. And the part were Twilight comes in with a black outfit, cloak (whatever) reminded me of the Organization XIII

...if I wanted to hurt you don't you think I would have done it by now?

IS THAT A TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES REFERENCE?!?!?!?!?!?

How I would love to see more chapters on this story...

Is this going to be continued anytime soon?

Login or register to comment