• Published 4th Oct 2013
  • 9,369 Views, 292 Comments

Souls Apart: The Apprentice - GnollReader



Equis has a new Death, a new reaper of souls... Only problem is that this one still has obligations in the world of the living.

  • ...
16
 292
 9,369

Chapter 10: New Standards

"Chrysalis..." Aergard mumbled as he furiously rubbed the bridge of his nose between his thumb and fingers.

"Yes? Aergard, dearest?" Chrysalis replied, her tone cheerful and innocent.

"What is that?" He pointed at the body prepared on the large steel table without looking.

"Why, my dear... That, is a medial ring." She replied in a tone feigning simple facts. The room dead silent as even the imps had paused their work if only to listen to what was being discussed.

The entire project had been under way for weeks. In between his new charity work, as he called it, teaching Pipsqueak and running the tower the necromancer had put every second of his free time into what was now laying on the table before them. A human body. Or at least something that looked akin to one.

It was shaped flesh. He had taken flesh from dead changelings provided by Chrysalis, and he had altered and joined it with blood from unicorns that had visited his tower. He did not favor discussing his methods with anyone, but upon being questioned on it by Chrysalis had revealed that Tobi had been formed from his own flesh in similar fashion.

Only this was much more complicated.

It had taken days for the combination to bear a clump of flesh, a live one at that; and it had taken weeks to make it grow into the proper form, to make the limbs take the right proportions, to make the muscles and bones grow and connect. It had been grueling work and it would not have been done as fast if not for the help of Chrysalis herself.

He had his suspicions of her reasons for this, and now that the facts layed befored them he was sure of it.

"Why does it have that shape?" Aergard asked somewhat flustered for the first time in what felt like an eternity. "Was there something wrong with the old one? I mean I -know- you know what it looked like."

"Oh, no! Not at all!" She did her best to not hurt his ego, males being fragile she was all too aware of on that certain part. Shining Armor had been too.

"I mean... look at it, it's way too big!" He couldn't help but point at it, or at least try to. His pointing hand shakily travelled back and forth along the length of it in an effort to purvey the issue he was having.

"Nonsense, dear!" She smiled sweetly "It is... adequate, trust me. As for the details, oh think of them as... as upgrades! It is simply a different standard to measure by!" She tried to change the subject "Have you figured out what to do about the skin tone yet, dear?"

The one thing that stood out about this body not really being human, was the skin tone. It was a greyish, faded blue which was much darker on the many lines that connected the intersections almost like the exterior of a beetles skin.

Aergard rubbed his face "No, sadly not. I've tried several things but I do not want to risk damaging the body at this stage." He motioned to the head. "It's the first one that actually looks like me!" He sighed, distracted if only for a moment "I'll live with it gladly, a simple glamour will be able to take care of it once the split works." He paused and looked down, much to his regret. "At least get rid of the studs."

"Oh fine, you!" She huffed. "But at least consider getting a replacement made for boring days."

He deadpanned at her "You could just get a dildo."

She chuckled "And why would I want that if I can have the real thing or it's bodyless clone?" She gave him a smirk.

"Yeah, yeah... I'll prepare it once this is done." He groaned. "Dont tell the alicorns or-"

He was interrupted as the runes on one of the walls came to life with a spout of blue flame, the portal opening inside their mass to let the paladin step through and closing just as fast behind her again.

"Aergard, Princess Chrysalis!" She grinned and started walking towards them, only to be halted in her tracks at the sight of what was laying on the table. "Holy mother of-it actually looks like you!" She paused, her expression falling flat "...And it has a horse cock." She turned her head to give Aergard an accusing stare.

"Don't you give me that look!" He glared. "Chrysalis took over shaping that part... and at least stop staring at it if you're so disappointed!"

Calindria had meanwhile tilted her head to give the thing a measuring look before glancing at Chrysalis "Not disappointed. Just was always kinda expecting it to happen from you, not her." She looked back at him. "So you're really going to try this?"

"Well it's her that has to deal with it going into places, primarily..." Aergard started to answer, earning him a short jab in the side by Chrysalis.

"I mean the whole.. splitting yourself up and trying to slip into that body you built." She motioned "You never even told us what risks there are!"

"Ahh well, about that..." Argeard gave her a sheepish grin. "I have no idea."

Calindria blinked at him "What do you mean you got no ide-" she paused. "You've never done this before, have you?"

"Hey, I have done it in theory many times!" He added. "And in my defense Tobi always turned out splendidly... and he's like a introductary version of this here!"

Chrysalis took a sip from her personal emotion-flask. "Not to seem cruel; but if you turn out like that thing you call Tobi I will deny having had a part in it or knowing anything about it."

"If I turn out like Tobi I'm so going on a magical journey to find my true purpose!" Aergard grinned. "It will be like one of those god-awful advent-"

He was interrupted by yet another flash of magic, followed by a bright light entering existence inside the room; Princess Celestia had arived via her own magic. Whatever speech or greeting she had prepared for the three awaiting her however was forgotten the moment she opened her eyes.

She had teleported in right at the foot end of the large table, Calindria to her left, Aergard opposite of her, and Chrysalis to the right. And in front of her... She closed her eyes again.

"Uhm... Celesti-" She stopped him from saying more by holding up a hoof, motioning them to be silent for a moment; the only thing visibly moving being her flowing mane, silent itself as well.

Princess Celestia opened her eyes again, and took a long hard look at what lay in front of her... before silently covering it with a blanket using her magic, doing the best she could do to not stare.

She started "Even I... understand that there is a certain obsession that males carry for these... these things." She tried her best not to sound shocked. "But you cannot seriously be planning to-" she fumbled with the words in her mouth. "I mean, Aergard... Lulu has no experience in these things!"

"Again!" He exclaimed while pointing at Chrysalis. "Her doing! Not mine!"

Chrysalis just smirked "I'll have you know Princess Cadence deals with this every night and I don't hear her complaining."

"Oh, for fucks sake now I might as well have glowing arrows on it too!" Aergard shouted in dismay, unaware of the totally dumbfounded expression princess Celesita was giving Chrysalis.

"No. Way." Calindria looked like she wasn't sure whether to cuss or to grin at Chrysalis. "You actually did that? I mean I heard the story of it some time ago but never any juicy details!"

"What?" Chrysalis simply shrugged, cleaning a speck of dirt from her hoof. "I had to keep the illusion back then somehow, did I not?" She passed Aergard a wink. "Just don't tell Twilight or she'll never let Shiny or me hear the end of it."

"I'm... just going to act like I haven't heard any of all that." Celestia simply replied more to herself than to the others. "Now please... let us start with this meeting?" She gave Calindra a hopeful look. "If time allows, I also wish to hear what good news the paladin brings to us fro-" she blinked. "Please put that blanket down again. We all saw it in far too much detail already."

"I'm just checking if it's still there!" Calindria quickly let it fall down again as she was caught peeking. "Yup! Still is!"

Author's Note:

Short chapter, so sorry.. been hounded by work.. But im still writing, never dying. Be safe all!

Comments ( 36 )

I hit publish while still rereading it >.< time to fall into my bed! night!

Holy fuck, it's alive

Sweet Jesus it's still here

YES ITS BACK!!!!!

It's alivvvvvvvveeeeeeee!!!!! Yay.

"Something, something, resurrecting a story about a necromancer..."

OH PRAISE THE SUN! IT’S ALIVE!!!

"Oh story that dwells in long forgotten ages rise up again and walk the front pages" 'Waves hands in a mystical way'

Nice to see that this is still updating - funny that it happened just as I started binge-reading it.

Oh man, i am so happy to see you writing again.:twilightsmile:

Clearly nothing will go wrong with this plan of his. Not at all.

First new chapter in a while and I'm already like "wtf did I just read?" :rainbowlaugh:
Glad to see you back.

9246908
Thank you for not abandoning this.

I mean, I'm happy that you're back and all, but is there a chapter 9? It just skips to 10, and I'm worried that I missed something.

DF

Sweet monkey Jesus, what black sorcery is this? Surely only the most potent of necromancy could have brought this about?

In all seriousness, it's great to see more of this story. In fact, I think that I'll reread both stories to get back up to speed.

Cheerio.

Time to reread the whole thing :>

9246908
Yea, I suppose this is Chapter 9 not Chapter 10? xD

DF

And I'm all caught up.

First, I'd completely forgotten that Tobie was in this.

Second, I freaking love this story. :heart:

YUS! NEW CHAPTER!
THANK YOU GNOLLREADER!!

new chapter!!:rainbowkiss:
...:rainbowderp:..:rainbowhuh:..:pinkiehappy:...:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:
oh my Luna that's funny!

"I'm just checking if it's still there!" Calindria quickly let it fall down again as she was caught peeking. "Yup! Still is!"

hilarious!!

love it! keep up the great work!!!:trollestia:

Ssooooo. . . Are we going to get chapter 9 any time soon? I feel like I've missed, like, 10 episodes of a show that doesn't do filler.

All in all though, I love this story and I'm a little sad there's no more to read right now. I'm excited for what's going to happen next though!

I think that Calindria will want to 'test the equipment' to make sure that it works.
She wants the D, that or she is more morbidly curious.

Don’t know if anyone’s pointed this out yet, but you marked this as chapter 10. Chapter 8 proceeded this, so it should be chapter 9.

9295627
It clearly shows that there are 9 chapters on the title page. Also if you look you’ll see that he messed up and listed chapter 9 as chapter 10 by mistake.

Is this still alive?

Much like Aergad himself I’m sad to see that this fic is dead

poke poke

poke poke

Nice chapter, it's a shame you're not around anymore

Whoever put a thumbs down on these two stories that is just blasphemy. These are the best funniest stories I have seen to date. Every goddamn chapter. I'm laughing so hard and then I read the next sentence and laugh harder so that Four cheek spell. Oh my god does blue blood ever deserve that one. He so deserves it. God is he insufferable although I do think. Celestia and a little too far to suggest in meeting blue blood when she knows herself how bad he is

Wow they love looking at the very big D Infront of them

Can't wait till the new chapter comes out

Login or register to comment