• Published 14th Jun 2013
  • 5,755 Views, 168 Comments

The Son of a Pegasus: A Mother's Wish - ShutterGuy



A mother is on the verge of dying and she has to leave her newborn baby boy in the hooves of Princess Luna. Her last wish is that Luna gives Jason a loving and caring home.

  • ...
20
 168
 5,755

Duty Bound

The cool morning wind ran through Luna’s long starry mane as she looked out over the land of her Kingdom. Her sister’s sun rose to just grace the tips of Canterlot residents homes, teasing them with it’s warmth. Thats when the glimmering golden tips of the Canterlot castle came into view. The castle was nothing more than a far growth upon the mountains face, but even so it was still quite wondrous to behold. Luna’s eyes hovered over the many falls and rises of spires and towers of her home. The golden rays bouncing of them with a brilliance of color and light.

“Ten more minutes your majesty!” The white pegasi guard yelled back at the princesses.


Luna peered over her shoulder to see that Spirit was overlooking everything on the flight. She knew with him all was in well capable hooves.

The baby squeaked out a yawn causing Luna to look down upon him with a smile. The ‘Angel’ known as Jason was asleep, suckling on his own fingers. It was the product manifestation of love between a human and pegasi. There was certainly going to be controversies with her older sister on this matter, but that wasn’t until then. For now this adorable baby was her responsibility, her duty and she was going to see to it that it was well taken care of.

Coming back to the thought of her older sister made her frown slightly. “She is indeed going to have a surprise seeing this.” Luna thought to herself as she lightly tightened the blankets around Jason with a hoof. She could feel his tiny wings gently wrapped around his back. Never in her life had she seen a more adorable set of baby wings. In bringing her hoof up to gently touch his head, she then took notice to something else that the sun revealed in the newborns hair. As far as the small patch of brown goes, there were also little strands of blue. Unmistakable trademarks of his mother’s genes in him.

Taking a glance to her left, Luna saw that the purple alicorn, Twilight Sparkle, was also taking in his little features surprisingly without quill and parcel. One could say Twilight was fascinated by the baby and yet not enough to make her want the little one for herself. A thought that haunted Luna. Whom, except for his own father, would take in such a wonderful baby boy and understand his needs?

“Princess Luna.” A guards voice picked her head up away from Jason. “We have arrived your majesty.”

It felt strange to arrive in this fashion. This was her home and somehow it felt entirely different. She lifted up the basket and stepped off toward the castle towering above her. Knowing that she would have to explain the small being in her care, she gently covered the basket with the blanket inside. This in turn made Jason giggle and kick about. “Shh little one.” Luna’s softened tone accompanied with a feathery stroke of her wing made Jason nearly fall asleep. Luna turned to the guards and nodded. “Lets be on our way then.”

The guards fell into a formation and trotted together in a march toward the main hall. Twilight was unfazed by the sounds of hooves as she held her concerned stare at the child. She continued to keep up with the group as they made their way up the steps and into the heart of the castle.

Luna gently covered the basket with her wing as to hide Jason from view from the numerous town ponies that were meeting with the sun princess that day. They grouped up in the hallways and waited for their turn. Usually it was to ask for small favors or if some of their small unicorn colts could join the School of Talented Unicorns. The Princess of the night was greeted with bows as she neared the throne room doors. “Good morning to you all.” Luna smiled to all of the ponies. “It is very nice to see you.”

Whispers of ‘Its the new princess Twilight’ was lingering in the hallways and it made the purple alicorn blush and lower her head from slight embarrassment.

Tittering to herself from Twilights reaction from the other ponies, Luna took her hoof and placed on the alicorn embossed metal door. “I must thank you again for coming with me, Twilight. It gives me comfort to know that you’re here.” She pushed forward to reveal the long throne room that lead to the two thrones of Night and Day. Celestia was perched on hers with her long regal wings spread out in a welcoming gesture. What would always catch Luna’s eye was the striking bright white that shone from Celestia’s coat and the flowing colors of her mane and tail that seemed to catch the very essence of the suns rays.

“Good morning my sister.” The mare of the sun beamed down from her throne to the approaching Luna and Twilight.

“A beautiful morning to you as well my older sibling.” Luna respectively nodded her head as Twilight bowed.

Celestia giggled softly. “Twilight how many times must I tell you that you don’t have to bow to me any longer now that you’re a princess?” Her golden chestplate reflected the sunbeams as she turned her body to the two alicorns.

“I’m not quite used to all this your majesty, but I’ll get the hang of it.” Twilight blushed lightly with a awkward smile.

The light seemed to have hit Jason as he began to fuss inside of the basket. The white alicorn shifted her eyes to Luna’s wing. “Is that the colt?” Celestia’s voice softened to match that of a mothers.

In a reluctant nod, Luna opened her wing to let the blanket covered Jason be revealed inside of the basket. Jason, who was in a blinking panic due to the blinding light, darted his eyes around the throne room. He gabbled incoherently as he looked about, but as his eyes landed on the sun princess he stopped talking all together to stare at her. Celestia was matching his stare in wonder.

Celestia’s jaw opened slowly as she gawked at the infant. “What have you brought me sister?” she slowly approached the baby wings spread to the new creature.

Jason took her in with his shining blue eyes. With tiny hands, he raised them up toward the towering authority. Silence filled the room as the two neared with Celestia’s head lowering into the basket. Her muzzle neared the baby’s face as he softly placed both his hands on her.

“I bring you the colt of Starlight Skydancer.” Luna finally spoke cutting into the still air of the room. “His name is Jason.”

“Jason.” Celestia smiled and softly brushed the fur at the tip of her muzzle against the baby’s tummy, awarding her with a bright and cheery giggle.

“He’s a Human Princess Celestia.” Twilight chimed in. “They are much like us in ways of speech and writing, but they seem to be a....”

“A species that doesn’t exist on our planet?” Celestia lifted her head and the smile now faded into one of a serious frown. “Did you keep something from me my sister?” She gently picked up Jason into her forehooves and fanned out his little wings with her golden magic. “Or did this human’s mother fly all the way to the planet?”

“Sister I… I was meaning to tell you about that night.” Luna sighed.

“You have my undivided attention.” Celestia was cold with her words.

Luna then went into how she was surveying the dreams of Starlight and her love bond with the human Ken. How she invited her to come to the castle and granted her that she had wished for. Celestia merely sat with Jason in her arms listening and allowing the baby to suck on her fur.

“How did Starlight die then?”

Luna and Twilight looked at each other for a fraction of a second before Luna started to speak. “It was the human named Simon. Him and his large group of others swarmed both Ken and Starlight in an attempt to capture her and the newborn. In their efforts they harmed Starlight fatally and caused great pain to Ken. I believe that Ken is still living.”

“Tell me my sister, why would these humans attack or harm Starlight and her baby?” Celestia’s straight face was unnerving to look at and Twilight’s eyes darted elsewhere.

Luna was able to hold her gaze as she answered the question. “It was out of spite and greed that they struck down our kind.”

“Perhaps it was out of fear of the unknown.” The eyes of the sun princess glanced down at Jason. “ Regardless, there is nothing I can do to bring them to justice.”

Luna followed her sisters glance at the baby. “Sister… he’s all alone. There is now no family of his here for him. In the best interests of Jason I have decided to recruit the help of discord to help me retrieve the boys father.”

“No.” Celestia’s words were solid iron.

“I’m sorry, but I will not accept no.” Luna matched the tone

Twilight backed away as she felt the tension beginning to form. Celestia with the soft warm glow of her horn levitated Jason to the hooves of Spirit, who had came into the throne room.

“You dare go against my word?” The White alicorn stood up and spread her large wings in challenge of the rebellious mare of the night.

“I have decided this for the better of the child.” Luna spread her wings in response. “I’m going to Earth for Ken.” Her tone grew dark and deep as her eyes narrowed on her elder sister’s.

“That is not your decision to make Luna. You have no judicial power over what… human comes to our world.” Celestia hesitated at remembering Jason’s species. “You sending Starlight to Earth was outside of what needed to be discussed as shared authority.”

“I took it as my responsibility to fulfill her wish to be with the one she loved the most!” Luna’s horn lightly glowed as she stepped forward toward her sister.

“Your duty is to protect these ponies, not send them across the galaxy!” Celestia yelled irritated.

“I know my place sister and I have honorable reason for the things I have done.” Luna growled low causing the baby to start crying. Both Alicorns continued to lock their stares as the cry of Jason rang out of the palace. “I must Tia… I must retrieve Jason’s father.”

Celestia lowered her wings and sighed. “As much as I wish with all my heart that could happen Luna, I can not allow you to do that. Think of what’s already at stake here. Even you know what would happen if something should happen to you. Open your eyes Luna your duty is here.” Celestia looked at the baby who sniffled and sobbed in the hooves of Spirit. “Do as you have promised and find our newest citizen a home. I have other matters to attend to regarding the city and recent magic storms forming over the sea.”

Luna wanted to fight her with a fluff of her feathers, but knew that her sister was too set in her views on the matter. Without a word, Luna went to Spirit and scooped up Jason into her forehooves.

“Your majesty?” Spirit asked.

In a huff of slight anger, Luna turned from him and headed her way into the hall where the other town ponies awaited their turn with the princess. They all bowed as soon as she showed her nocturnal mane flowing past the door. Twilight and Spirit looked after her as she disappeared from view.

Twilight was now at a loss for words as she looked back to the throne where Celestia returned to hear the matters and voices of the kingdom. Looking to her left was Spirit, who was concerned as ever as a guardspony of the night princess. “I’m sure they just had a little fight like any other siblings, right?” Twilight asked awkwardly

“I’m not sure… I have only seen her angry like this only once since she returned.” Spirit replied.

“Your Highness!” A new voice came from the entryway of the large hall.

Twilight turned her head and saw that another of Luna’s most trusted guard was standing in the door frame gesturing for her to come to him. The first thing that caught the lavender alicorn’s attention was the darkened armor with purple sashes, indicating a high rank of the Lunar Guard.The stallion stood near the doorway with his deep blue coat shimmering in the sunlight.

He bowed low with his helmet in his hooves and his wings spread out. “I’m here to report the activity of the night guard,” he said beneath his rusty brown mane.

Twilight smiled as she approached him. “Feather Book. How good it is to see you again this morning.” She nodded her head to acknowledge the respect he showed her.

“Yes, it is good to see you too, Your Highness,” he said. He glanced at Twilight. “Do you wish for me to report now?”

Spirit shook his head. “At the moment all guards are relieved of duty and are to report as of tomorrow. If you would, can you accompany her majesty Twilight to where she wishes to go. I must complete my final round before sleep.”

“Of course,” he said with a smaller bow. “Please, Your Majesty, lead the way.”

Twilight smiled and headed her way toward Luna’s room with Feather next to her side. “Goodbye Spirit, I hope we meet again.”

“I hope so too your highness.” Spirit closed the throne room doors and disappeared behind them.

Twilight then directed her attention to the handsome pegasus next to her. “Feather, its so nice to see you again. I’m sure you remember me from before I was a princess and everything.” She tried to begin with.

“Of course I do, Your Highness,” he said with a kind smile. “Where do you wish to be escorted to?”

“I wish to check with Luna before I leave for home.” Twilight then slightly looked down as she tried to recall something. The only sound that came from her was the sounds of her hooves echoing off the tile of the long hall that lead to the staircase. “So do you have any family around here?” She tried to break the silence between them.

“My sister lives in Canterlot,” he said. “The rest of my family live just outside Trottingham.”

“What does your sister do here in Canterlot?”

“She’s a policemare,” he said. “A Detective.”

“Oh yes that is an exciting field of work, I remember my fair share of becoming a detective when the marzapan madness was being transported here for the dessert festival. What’s her name?” They began to ascend the spiralling stairs toward the top of the tower to Luna’s room.

“Dark Scroll,” he said. “And here we are, Your Highness.”

“Oh… that… was fast.” She looked at the obsidian coated door with a shimmering white moon opal knobs. The stars themselves seemed to be in the door twinkling. “Well Feather I do hope you and I meet again. You have been a great escort.”

“Thank you, Your Highness. Have a pleasant day,” he said with a bow.

With a wave goodbye with her hoof, Twilight watched as the stallion trotted away back downstairs. She then turned to the beautiful door and knocked on it. It opened up slowly and Luna poked her head out.

“Twilight?” Luna asked.

“You asked me to come with you remember?” Twilight said nervously. “So I wished to check if everything was okay before I left for Ponyville.”

“Yes… I’m well.” Luna softly sighed. “Thank you very much for accompanying me today. You being present with me and Jason meant something to us both”

“Of course princess. That’s what friends do for each other!” Twilight smiled, but felt like she had not done much in aiding the night princess.

“I have to tend to finding Jason a new home. May I count on you in helping me?”

“It would be my pleasure. I will do all that I can in helping Jason out.”

“Thank you Twilight. You are a very good friend.” Luna nodded her head respectively. “I’ll have the train ride paid for your return home.”

“Thank you, but are you sure you don’t need anything else from me except looking for a home for Jason?” Twilight asked hoping to be more of an asset.

“Not at the moment, Twilight thank you.” Luna pulled back from the doorway as the door slowly began to close with not much sound. “Farewell Princess Sparkle.” Luna pushed the door nearly shut, but left a small crack into the room.

“Farewell… I guess.” Twilight slightly lowered her head as she began to step lightly down the hall. “I suppose my new mission is to find Jason a suitable home.”

Jason’s cry screeched into the hallway, making Twilight lower her ears to the back of her head and cringe low. She then pulled her head up as she turned back in a gallop to the door. She was about to open with force when suddenly the baby started to loudly sob. Noticing that the door had a small crack, she pushed it slowly to see Luna in the dim room with Jason wrapped up in her forehooves as she rocked him.

Luna hummed as she tried to recall the song that his mother sung to him. “Shh… it’s okay little one… I’m here. Hush now my love, precious please don't cry...” Jason almost immediately stopped crying,but he was still being fussy. Luna smiled at how much an effect it had. She lowered her head and nuzzled his little nose as she sang the song.


“Listen to your Momma's lullaby,

As you grow up through the years

I will be there to wipe your tears

here to hold you in my arms, never to say goodbye


Twilight’s eyes peered in deeper through the crack of the door as she watched the princess.


Know that I'm by your side

Don't worry for I will be your guide.

Be strong my sweet love, always be true

Your Momma will always be proud of you.”


Luna shed a single tear as she sang,


“You brighten my night with your smile

No matter what they say, you will be my child

I will adore whatever you do

Always know that your Momma loves you...

At that last verse, twilight smiled and pulled her head back from the door as she turned down the hall. In a soft voice twilight spoke to herself, “I believe I don't have to look any farther.”

Author's Note:

Feather Book belongs to Feather Book

Comments ( 28 )

“He’s a Human, Princess Celestia.”

Human doesn't need to be capitalized. Missing a comma.

“Oh yes that is an exciting field of work, I remember my fair share of becoming a detective when the marzapan madness was being transported here for the dessert festival.

Comma should be a period.

Glad to see you writing! The typos are few. Overall, a nice chapter!

:heart: Welcome back to writing my friend. :pinkiehappy: And such a beautiful, touching, and with the argument between Celestia and Luna, very powerful and suspenseful chapter. :pinkiegasp: Celestia as always, is being a troll in not allowing Luna to bring Ken to Equestria and reunite with his son. :fluttershysad: Luna standing up to her older sister was awesome! :rainbowkiss: And finally, Twilight, I agree with you, I don't think you need to look any further in finding a home. :raritywink:

You made the front page bro! :pinkiehappy:
i.imgur.com/DHF35ap.jpg

Why do I get the feeling Luna x Ken is coming?

Omg its back! :fluttercry: I so happy right now!

And then they had sex! The end.

I kinda hope that Jason's father comes to Equestria to take care of his kid along with getting rid of the forced amnesia

my reaction to seeing this updated *jaw drops slowly*

ok just finished chap and please don't wait a year to update this. on a side note :heart: this

YES NEW CHAPTER :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

well this story is beautifully tragic, not too sure what's going on on earth with this mysterious mare/women. but i think luna is gonna be a great mother. looking forward to more






stay classy:moustache:

I do believe ether luna or Twilight is the mystery girl form the last chapter but the description sounds more like twilight then luna but now the question is how did she get there:duck:hummmmm???

OH come on you can't abandon this beautiful story , if and when you come back can you please finish it or I don't know pass it on to someone who can finish writing stories such as this one.

6619956 i shall bring you with and all my wepons and guns and a jet from the millitary *goes into battle with army*aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:fluttercry:

I hope this Will get updated soon
It's good and I would like to see it finished

Is this story dead?


7805622
Sorry man. I had every intention to continue this but alas my life has thrown me for a loop. I've honestly been so busy with my job and family that everything has been put to the wayside. If anyone wants to spin off this idea they can. I had so much I wanted to put into it but never found time to just sit down and do it. I suppose I could be working on it right now, but I'm really not as good as I used to be. I know I've disappointed everyone and they all probably moved on with my lack of writing. Again I'm sorry and perhaps if I find time I'll work on it once more.

plse sir may we have some more chapters

Please update.

I don't know why, but that lulliby song makes me cry ! (irl) :fluttercry: I wish Princess Luna could adopt me too ! :raritycry:

8371202
MORE??!
Sorry, couldn't resist haha

Celestia was uncharacteristically cold, strange.
Still, great read.

when will the next chapter come out

This is a beautiful story. I wish it would continue, but the writer hasn't been on for a long time. May he come back to us one day and finish this story with more chapters. Maybe a sequel or two.

hay when will more chapters come out?:heart::pinkiecrazy:

Login or register to comment