• Published 14th Jun 2013
  • 5,755 Views, 168 Comments

The Son of a Pegasus: A Mother's Wish - ShutterGuy



A mother is on the verge of dying and she has to leave her newborn baby boy in the hooves of Princess Luna. Her last wish is that Luna gives Jason a loving and caring home.

  • ...
20
 168
 5,755

The Dawning of a new beginning

"Daring do was surrounded by the venomous snakes as the walls began to close in around her. She didn't lose her cool as all seemed hopeless," Jason watched intently from Spikes lap as he flipped another page of the book. "Suddenly out of nowhere there was a loud crash and the ceiling caved in on her..."

Ironically Luna and Twilight flashed back into the library at the same time. Both of them wore long, sorrowful faces from what they had witnessed. Twilight’s face went cross, “Those... those humans. I swear if I get my hooves on them I’ll… I’ll”

“We mustn’t forget… the love they’re also capable of.” Luna’s tear filled eye’s drifted to the diminutive child laying on Spike’s lap. “Jason is the product of how much love a human can possess.”

Jason let out a small giggle as a dark blue aura surrounded his tiny figure. Luna let one tear fall as she brought him into her forelegs. She cradled him into her arms and gently rubbed his orange clothing over his belly with her hoof. She leaned down to him and kissed his forehead. "Jason... I will not let you fall into those wicked human's hands. You will be safe here in Equestria."

Spike placed the book down and gave Luna a look of concern. "Twilight what happened in Jason's memories?"

Twilight shook her head. "Trust me Spike," She began to cry as she turned her head to Jason. "It's a painful tale and I don't think you’re ready to hear it yet." Twilight leaned over and kissed Jason on the forehead. “Sweet little Jason. I’m sorry things have come to you losing both your parents."

Luna rubbed her cheek lightly against his head. “I will find you a home little one... Until then, you can stay with me at the palace.” Luna then raised her head and gave Twilight a determined look. "I've decided that for Jason...Ken must be brought to Equestria for his son,"

At hearing this Twilight shook her head. "What? How do you plan on doing that? Can you even teleport human's here?"

Upon hearing these question's, Luna lowered her head. "Not that I'm aware. The planet is far stretched beyond our own galaxy's belt. I don't think I can do it alone" She softly rubbed Jason's back with her hoof. "But I think I know someone who can help."

Twilight gave her a confused stare. Then her eyes opened wide in realization. "Wait... Him? You think that would wise to ask him any favors?"

"What other choice do I have Twilight?" Luna lovingly stared down to Jason, who was content on the taste of his fingers. "Jason needs his father and my magic alone won't be enough for the teleport there and back. I just hope my sister will be able understand my reasoning."

Twilight eyes went to Luna down to Jason and then slowly back to Luna. 'Why doesn't she just keep him herself... She's just the mother figure Jason needs in his life.' She then turned her head to Spike who just shrugged in response.

Suddenly spike let out loud belching burp and a scroll popped out with green flames dissipating into the air. Jason lightly giggled at this.

"A letter from my sister no doubt?" Luna asked as she eyed the scroll that fell into the claws of Spike.

Spike nodded. Opening it up, he began to read aloud. "Dear Sister of mine. I have received your letter with a heavy heart. Two of my finest guardsmen have already brought the body of the beloved Starlight to the home of her parents. I have posted the tragedy throughout the kingdom announcing it to inform those who were close to her. I have dispatched a small party of guards to accompany you to Canterlot. Please come with all haste something has been brought to my attention and also bring Starlight's foal to me. I would very much like to greet our newest pony into Equestria. Your older sister with love, Tia."

Twilight looked to Jason. "I wonder what Celestia's reaction will be when she sees him." she wondered.aloud.

"I don't know, Twilight. He's now a part of this kingdom, that I know my sister will agree to. I can only hope she will understand my reasons for attempting such a task to rescue Jason's father."

Twilight stepped toward her and put a hoof on her shoulder. "I believe she will." Her bangs lightly bounced as she stared to the infant and smiled. "Jason is something special."

Jason cooed and kicked excitedly at the loving gaze of Twilight.

Luna giggled softly at Jason. "He likes you Twilight." Luna said with a warm smile. She then sighed, "Could you please come with me to the see my sister? I really could use your insight for the task ahead of me."

Twilight gave her a pause before nodding. "Yes Princess I will be more than happy to assist you on this matter." Silence filled the library as The lavender alicorn tapped her hoof to her chin in deep thought. “The thing I don’t understand Princess. is how did Starlight end up in that world in the first place. I mean what possible way is there for a pegasis to travel through time and space so fast without use of magic? Did you even know of the planets existence beforehoof?”

Gently rocking Jason back and forth, Luna glanced in Twilight’s direction and spoke in a soft voice. "There is a secret hidden away under the Canterlot palace. Once all is taken care of, I will share with you that secret. Only royalty may know."

Suddenly there was a knocking at Twilight's door. A gentle, but stern voice could be heard from the other side.

"Your highness we have come to escort you to the palace." The stallion's voice hit Luna and she let out a happy sigh. Twilight noticed this trotted to the door and opened it. Outside the library stood three white royal guards and one crimson Bat pony with pitch black armor. His Scarlet eyes softly stared at Twilight. He held a air of authority and nobility as he stood with attention to the door opening. The Bat pony respectively lowered his head and his dark gray mane lightly draped down over his face. The other guards were soon to follow his lead. "Princess Twilight, It is a honor to be in your presence."

Twilight blushed at the formalities being given from the bat pony. "Oh um please... I'm not used to the whole bowing thing, you don't need to do that."

The bat pony slowly lifted his head back up and saw Princess Luna.

Luna widely smiled at him and gently lowered Jason to Spikes arms. Spike adjusted to the little infants weight as the moon princess made her way to the door. "Spirit, you’re just the stallion I was hoping to show up."

He bowed his head once more.

"Spirit?" Twilight asked.

Luna nodded then gestured to the crimson pony with her hoof. "This is my most trusted Guard Stallion. Protective Spirit."

"The honor is all mine your Majesty, I'm humbled by your kind words." Spirit's kind smile stretched over his gums exposing his fanged Front teeth.

"It's very nice to meet you Spirit. Would you care to come in while we get ready to leave?"

The bat stallion shook his head and straightened his posture "No your highness, Princess Celestia has made it perfectly clear that we are to not dawdle with anything else than to deliver both Luna and the foal to Canterlot," Spirit turned to guards. "Ready the chariot for the foal!"

The other white stallions saluted and yelled in unison, "Yes sir!" They quickly dispatched to their task as they started produce a white basket, with the sun princess's royal crest, and a few silky blankets. While the guards were distracted with their small task, Luna and twilight stepped back into the library to ready themselves.

"Princess Luna?" Twilight called her attention. "I'm concerned as to what other ponies might think of Jason. He's adorable and everything, but I can't shake this feeling that some ponies might react to him as humans reacted to ponies on earth."

Luna's head quickly disagreed with her. "Twilight if there is one thing I've come to understand from human's actions thus far, is that they fear things unknown to them and try to control it for a sense of stability. My subjects of this kingdom are not of ill will when it comes to the unexplained."

"I just hope you're right... For Jason's sake"

Luna secretly agreed with twilight. She turned her attention to the Spike still holding the content baby in his arms. "Spike will you continue to hold Jason while Twilight and me get some supplies ready for the trip?"

"You got it Princess, I don't mind being with my little brother."

Luna's eyes softened at the cute sight of Spike cradling the tiny baby in his arms.




The morning sun was a little bothersome to Spirit. He was accustomed to night operations and had very few chances to move about during the daytime. He let out a small yawn as he brought up his red hoof to his mouth. The other royal guards were strapped to the chariot ready for the departure.

The wooden door to the library slowly opened up and revealing Luna with a saddlebag and Jason wrapped inside of her wing. She was followed by Twilight and Spike as they made their way to the side of the chariot where the steps were lowered. .

Spirit noticed the strange looking figure inside the nook of Luna’s wing. He rose his brow and narrowed his eyes to get a better look. The baby that he saw surprised him greatly as he shook his head and stared back at the infant.

Jason stood out against her dark blue fur with his orange clothing on. Seeing him snuggling against luna, Spirit merely smiled at the tiny human as Luna stepped up onto the Chariot. Carefully, she lifted her wing up out in front of her and kissed Jason's forehead as lowered him into the basket. Feeling the soft warm silk of the blue blankets below him, Jason lifted his thumb to his mouth as he rolled and curled up into a orange ball.

Luna adoringly gazed at him for a bit before turning her attention to the other alicorn "Twilight if you would, please?" Luna asked.

Twilight nodded and turned to her assistant, who looked up with his slitted pupils widened at the sad knowledge he would have to stay. Twilight saw this and nuzzled his purple cheek. "It's okay Spike, I won't be long. Make sure everything stays organized while I'm gone, Okay."

"Okay," his eyes were filled with a touch of sadness. Spike glanced over to Luna sitting behind Twilight. "Will I ever see Jason again Princess?" He asked in apprehension.

"Of course you will Spike, I'll be sure to locate him with his father near Ponyville. That way you can see him anytime you wish." Luna smiled warmly at him.

Twilight hopped on next to Luna and sat down as Spirit flew out in front of the other guards. “Okay stallions, onward to Canterlot.”

With a powerful pull, the Chariot was pulled forward and upwards towards the sky. Spike covered his eyes as a bit of dust blew past him. He then watched after the retreating form of the group as it headed it’s way toward the mountains which supported the royal city of Canterlot. Taking a saddened sigh, he waved after them while whispering to himself, “I’ll see you again my baby brother.”

After they disappeared from view, he turned to the library and headed his way inside. “Better get to work. Don’t want Twilight giving me another lecture.” he closed the door behind him.

-_-_-_-

The evening sky was pink as the sun brushed the rooftops of the urbanized community. Ken was in his kitchen sitting down at his table with one hand on his face. The other was casted and swollen in his lap. Depressed he hadn’t moved for the duration of that day. He was unmoved as the tea kettle started to blow out in steam and whistle it high pitched scream. Another set of steps could be heard coming from the hallway. “Honey, aren’t you going to move,” A redheaded woman wearing a crimson t-shirt and a pair of denim shorts came out of the doorframe. Her bare feet lightly clapped on the tile floor as she made her way to Ken. Her flowing hair brushed his shoulder and he lightly turned to look up to her.

“Vicky, I appreciate that you’re here, I feel like you’re one of my only friends I have left.” Next to him on the counter laid a newspaper with a headline that read ‘Respected Doctor Suspected Loon’. Ken lowered his head

“You should really be resting… not everyday that you survive a terrible bike crash like you did.” she gestured to his bandaged hand and head.

“But I never owned a bike… GAHH!” Ken grabbed his head in pain as attempted to think on the past.”

Vicky looked to him with a sorrowful glance and sighed. She then took notice to the paper next to him. “What are you reading?”

Ken grabbed the paper and threw it across the table.

Vicky while tending to making vanilla chai tea with some honey, glanced back to see the words written in small print. “Child born with wings... That would be the day wouldn’t it?” She lightly giggled as she spoke at ken without looking. She spun around with two hot cups of steaming tea with its sweet aroma filling the air. Looking to Ken, who had a zombified expression on his face, gave him his tea and smiled. “Sweetheart… it’s going to be okay…”

He shook his head in the palms of his hands. “There’s something about this… This story… I...I feel like I know about this child…”

“Children aren’t born with wings. You know that, don’t you?”

He lifted his head away from his hands and looked to her. “I… I know that it’s not true, but…” His voice was cut off by Vicky’s cute cell phone chime.

She peered down and nodded. “Sorry to cut this short, however work is high priority.” Running over to the corner of the kitchen, she slipped on her laceless black shoes and headed her way toward Ken. Without much other words exchanged, she kissed him on top of his head and ran out the back door.

Ken watched as she disappeared behind the white wooden door as it closed shut echoing the emptiness of the home. No sounds followed as Ken just stared at the door. Visions of blurry figures formed as he could make out some kind of female laughing and giggling. It was like staring at a washed out painting. No define lines or depth as it seemed to be some sort of illusion. A faint voice rang in the depths of his mind. “Ken…”

“W-who are y-you…”

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

He shook his head from the hollow echo of bone against the front door. “Um.. hold for a moment please.” He stood up and felt his muscles lightly tense up a little. “Oh… I’m coming!” Making his way into the living room he looked over the blue carpet and sighed as he worked around the furniture to the front door.

On opening the door there stood a beautiful girl with violet eyes and had bluish silver hair. She seemed oddly familiar to him, but not to seem rude he extended his hand and greeted her. “Hello there how can I help you?”

Her hair lightly bounced as she lowered her head and sighed. “May I please come in?”

Ken shrugged his shoulders and moved to the side. “Sure I don’t see any problem in that.”
On entering she noticed his arm in a cast . “Ken, what did they do to you?!”

His face was in a puzzled state at her knowing his name. He glanced at his arm and again shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t remember... when I try to I get these massive headaches. According to the hospital bill I received, I was treated for hitting my head and breaking my arm while riding my bike. Which, funny enough, I don’t ever remember owning,” Letting out a slight chuckle he turned to walk into the house. “Please have yourself a seat, would you like anything to drink? I have some tea in the kitchen.”

“Water would be just fine for me.” She made her way into the quaint house. There was nothing left to indicate that he lived with anyone else. All the photos were of only him and the entirety of the home seemed to lack that female flair.

Ken nodded his head and walked into the kitchen to retrieve her a cup of water. Upon his return, she sadly smiled up to him and then turned her head away from him. Ken noticed this and sat down on the couch opposite of her.

“Is everything okay, would you like to have something to eat as well?” Her violet eyes continued to stare at the floor below her.

“No…I’m not very hungry.” her tone of voice just full of remorse and sorrow.

“What’s the matter?”

She turned to look at him with water glisting from his heartfelt question. “I’ve just… I got a lot on my mind and I just don’t know how to go about it... You see I hurt somepo... Somebody close to me.”

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to, but who you did you hurt?”

Ken lowered the water in front of her and she took a drink. Finishing the glass, the cup parted from her lips and she looked at glass for a moment. Little tears fell from the corner of her eyes as she gazed into his. “Someone that I love and care for.” She dropped the cup as she placed her head into the palms of her hands. “I don’t think he would ever forgive me!” She sobbed as her body shook lightly.

Ken hopped around the table and sat down gently beside her. “I’m sorry to hear that sounds like you loved him alot.”

She pulled her head up from her hands and rested her cheek on his shoulder. Slightly sobbing she glanced up to him. “I still do and I just want to see him happy once more.”

Ken gave her a comforting hug with his one good hand. “I’m sure you’ll make him very happy... What’s your name by the way?”

She slowly pulled away and stared out the window for a few moments.

“Please call me... ”

Author's Note:

I know it's short from a long wait, but this is just to get me going again... I finally pulled my head back up from my depression and I'm ready to tackle the elements once more. I'm truly sorry for how long you all have waited and I will try to never have you wait that long again.