• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 6,091 Views, 703 Comments

Short Shorts - Coranth

  • ...
40
 703
 6,091

Chapters Next
1. Celestia and Daniel watch 'The Green Mile' (You Brighten My Day)

By the time the film "The Green Mile" ended, Celestia was weeping, her body shaking with her silent, pain-filled cries, her head buried 'neath Daniel's coat. Daniel had no words to say - he'd known that the film was sad, yet wonderful, and Celestia had insisted on watching it; she'd been curious. All the gentle human could do was hold his beloved mare close as she expressed her grief at what had happened to poor John Coffey and Paul Edgecomb.

A moment later, Celestia shifted pulling her head up and away to look at Daniel and then - her voice rough from crying - she softly recited, "I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. I'm tired of never having me a buddy to be with, to tell me where we's going to or coming from, or why. Mostly, I'm tired of ponies being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world every day. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time. Can you understand?"

At first, Daniel didn't know what Celestia was referring to... but then, as another choked sob escaped her, the human's eyes widened as he realized what she was referring to: the time when Luna had become Nightmare Moon, and then the long, long lonely years of ruling Equestria before she'd come to Earth. Before she'd found him. "I understand. love" he replied, softly kissing her tears away. "I'm here and I understand. You're not alone anymore, and you'll never be alone again."

The words Daniel spoke did not hearten Celestia; instead they seemed to make things worse. Fresh tears ran from her eyes, spilling down her cheeks and muzzle as she recited, "Daniel — you'll die, too. And my curse is knowing that I'll be there to see it. You'll be gone like all the others, and I'll have to stay..."

At this, Daniel gently cupped a hand over Celestia's muzzle, gently silencing her. "Oh, come on now, love; you and Twilight are the two most magically powerful mares in Equestria; with the two of you looking into it I'm sure that you'll find a way to keep me with you for a very long time..." At his words, Celestia gave Daniel a long, reproachful look, then slowly shook her head before reciting, "We each owe a death — there are no exceptions. But, oh Faust, sometimes the Green Mile seems so long..." With that, as more of her tears flowed, the Solar Princess slowly closed her eyes.

Author's Note:

A short snip of Celestia and her human lover Daniel from JaydexTheShadowKnight's Story "You Brighten My Day." For those of you who are going to moan about using somepony else's character without permission, don't. Jaydex knows I write these snippets.

Chapters Next