• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 6,080 Views, 703 Comments

Short Shorts - Coranth

  • ...
40
 703
 6,080

PreviousChapters Next
13. The Sun Creche, Celestia's Secret Orphanage (You Brighten My Day)

At last, as the day drew to a close, Celestia and Daniel entered her private quarters wherein she swiftly doffed her regalia; Daniel likewise doffed his formal court-wear for more casual clothing. Then, at some signal known only to them, the Solar Princess enveloped her beloved with powerful magic as she teleported herself and him to a place so secret that only few ponies knew of it, if at all: the Sun Creche; the secret orphanage where those foals and fillies whom... didn't fit the mold, as it were... were housed. The place was quite similar to her faithful student's library - Twilight might be flattered if she knew how close the resemblance was - though in addition to the shelves of books and places for quiet reading there were many sleeping bags, cots, beanbags, nests, nooks and crannies designed to act as sleeping places for... the raucous herd that thundered in from the enormous playroom next door as she and Daniel arrived.

In addition to about thirty ponies - fifteen colts and fifteen fillies - there were many gryphon chicks, dragon hatchlings, diamond dog puppies, zebras, and even some young changeling foals as well. As Daniel looked closer at the gathered menagerie, however, a soft gasp escaped him and his eyes widened... for nearly all the creatures there possessed some kind of disability. Too many to count, yet among them... a hairless Earth Pony laughed and nuzzled a Unicorn possessing only three legs. A wingless pegasus carefully guided a blind diamond dog pup closer to the duo that he might smell them. A one-winged hatchling of the dragon race carried upon his back a paralyzed gryphon-chick friend.

A changeling bore upon his back an albino foal whom never had walked properly on his own because he couldn't... and on and on it went. Soon, Daniel's attention was drawn away as a great clamor went up! "Princess; Mama; Celestia; Celly!" the gathered young cried and the Solar Diarch couldn't help but laugh with delight as they almost knocked her down in their haste to greet her! Eventually, the Princess settled down upon the plush-carpeted floor with her beloved at her side and - as the menagerie settled, foals and fillies cuddling about her - one gryphon chick 'nesting' in her tail and a changeling nosing under her other wing even as an albino filly climbed up onto her back, she sighed in bliss. Then, "Children" said she softly, "let me introduce you to my love, Daniel..."

PreviousChapters Next