• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 6,087 Views, 703 Comments

Short Shorts - Coranth

  • ...
40
 703
 6,087

PreviousChapters Next
112. More Than Words (Songfic)

It was Night Court and - honestly - poor Luna was bored and more than a little despondent. She'd had very few petitioners - several nobles and just a few common ponies - and she was more than ready to pack up... but then, something happened. Abruptly, the sound ceased. Suddenly, the isolation, the solitude, became unendurable. While the voices of her Little Ponies had sounded, Court had still seemed alive. Now suddenly, there was a change, the passing of something - and all that remained was this gaunt quiet. The Princess looked up and saw that two very handsome stallions - with very long manes - had approached her Throne. But... how had they come unannounced? Luna eyed them for a moment, taking note that one of the stallions bore a guitar upon his back. A moment later, said stallion took the guitar case from his back with his magic, opened it, removed the instrument from within and then started to play. A moment later, the second stallion with him started to sing...

"Saying I love you
Is not the words I want to hear from you
It's not that I want you
Not to say, but if you only knew
How easy it would be to show me how you feel
More than words is all you have to do to make it real
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
Cos I'd already know

What would you do if my heart was torn in two
More than words to show you feel
That your love for me is real
What would you say if I took those words away
Then you couldn't make things new
Just by saying I love you

More than words

Now that I've tried to talk to you and make you understand
All you have to do is close your eyes
And just reach out your hooves and touch me
Hold me close don't ever let me go
More than words is all I ever needed you to show
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
Cos I'd already know

What would you do if my heart was torn in two
More than words to show you feel
That your love for me is real
What would you say if I took those words away
Then you couldn't make things new
Just by saying I love you

More than words"

By the time the song ended, upon her throne Luna sat trembling with emotion, a joyous smile upon her face, her eyes glistening with tears. Who knew stallions could have such wondrous voices? Luna blink-blinked but... but she couldn't stop her tears from falling. "Th-Thank thee..." she whispered softly. "T'was wonderful!" Both males - having packed away the guitar - bowed gently and made to leave--but before they could Luna stood and nuzzled them gently. "Thank thee so very much..." The male who had sung to her so beautifully smiled bashfully, scuffing a hoof on the ground. At last, he softly said, "You're welcome, Princess." Then, the two stallions departed, leaving Luna with the memory of a beautiful song and a lightened heart.

Author's Note:

I know I shouldn't do song fics, but... music is a big part of Pony and a huge part of who we as a species are.

PreviousChapters Next