• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 6,080 Views, 703 Comments

Short Shorts - Coranth

  • ...
40
 703
 6,080

PreviousChapters Next
175. "Starswirl House" Idea. (Up for adoption by anyone interested.)

- Twilight Sparkle is scanning the Map of Harmony, trying to determine its secrets.

- Her keen magic/senses allow her to discover a hidden button somewhere on or beneath the Map Table.

- Twilight presses the button; a hiss of escaping steam, the grinding of gears as the Map Table shuts down, lifts, rotates to reveal a door and a set of stairs.

- Twilight goes down; finds a long corridor leading to some sort of amazing, magical Stasis Chamber, ala. Robert House, Fallout New Vegas.

- Though she has no knowledge of how the tech works, Twilight manages to trigger an emergency release function; a hiss of cold-fog as the chamber opens and the bed inside rises.

- Twilight, gasps, horrified, as the pony lying on the bed is revealed to be Starswirl the Bearded, though withered, desiccated, far older then he should be.

- Starswirl opens his eyes, FURIOUS, Robert House dialogue, "Why have you... done this?... centuries of preparation... so much good, undone..." Then, upon seeing who it is, his expression softens, "Twilight... Sparkle..." he rasps, "should've known... it would be you..."

- Poor Twilight, horrified, distressed, "I'm sorry, I didn't know... I didn't know! I'll put you back in your tube, good as new!"

- "No... too late now... exposed... germs... a year of... life, if... at most..."

- Twilight Sparkle cries softly, moves to hug the pony whose works she adores so much; Starswirl weakly pets her head, strokes her mane. She begs him to live 'that year'; [debate?] then Starswirl agrees.

- Twilight writes a letter to Celestia, sends it herself, aka "GET HERE NOW!" Celestia arrives along with Luna; are awed upon seeing what Starswirl has done to prolong his life; tearful reunion, comforting words between all four ponies.

- Celestia draws upon all of her knowledge of healing to strengthen Starswirl so he can see the world he helped create.

- Twilight and Starswirl tour Equestria for a year?

END

Starswirl chooses to die, knowing his world is in good hooves? Twilight as his heir to his possessions, secrets? [More emotional/impactful.]

Starswirl uses advanced ponytech to move his brain into a new clone unicorn pony body? Becomes a teacher? [Sets up sequel?]

PreviousChapters Next