• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 6,090 Views, 703 Comments

Short Shorts - Coranth

  • ...
40
 703
 6,090

PreviousChapters Next
200. Silver.

Though Celestia was terrified of him, she knew - with the Changelings invading her beloved Principality - that she would need his help.

He resided in the Everfree Forest in a great silver Tower, not too far from the old Castle. The Tower itself was huge, stretching impossibly tall into the sky, so high she couldn't see its end.

When the Solar Princess arrived before the tower, from a door at its base, he emerged: an alicorn, with silver coat, grey mane, and gaze as cold as ice. Upon seeing her, he stepped slowly towards her, his movement too precise, too perfect.

Once within reach of her, the silver alicorn stopped, before slowly tilting his head left, then right, eyeing her as if he was a bird of prey. Then, the pony smiled. It wasn't a nice smile. Something about it seemed... off.

A moment later, however, all seemed normal; the silver alicorn dipped his head in acknowledgement, before stating, "Princess Celestia. How can I help you?"

The Solar Princess told the silver alicorn what was going on - of the invasion, of ponies kidnapped, of Queen Chrysalis, and her hive in the Badlands. Once she was done, the silver-furred pony asked, "Do you have a photograph of Chrysalis?"

Celestia nodded, producing perhaps one of the only pictures taken of the Changeling Queen in her natural state. "She's a good-looking mare," the silver alicorn stated as he looked at the photo. "Do you mind if I keep this picture?"

Celestia shook her head, her instincts roaring at her to say nothing. With a gentle smile, the alicorn nodded to her, then strode from the Everfree to take a train to as close to his destination as he could get.

* * *

"Say... that's a nice hive..."

* * *

"Kevin?! Korax?! C'mon, guys, you can't leave your posts like that!" Grumbling, Changeling Guard Pincer wandered around back of the Hive; those two were probably goofing off agai--"Oh, shit! Gh--kk!"

* * *

Chrysalis, Queen of the Changelings, made to berate the witless guard who'd dared to brazenly wander into her throne room for no discernible reason. There was a flash of searing pain--and then, she slipped away, her final sight the silver blade which pierced through her mouth, out the back of her skull. Horror gripping her guts, Chrysalis gurgled upon her own blood... as she stared at the base of the blade... which seemed to smoothly transition... into a silver... alicorn's... forele--

* * *

The silver alicorn calmly morphed his foreleg back to its default shape; then he slowly walked away, exiting the hive, uncaring of the terror and carnage in his wake. His mission was complete.

* * *

Later, a worried Celestia asked, "Is... is it done? Queen Chrysalis is... is she...?"

The Silver Alicorn smiled. It wasn't a nice smile. Something about it seemed... off.

Then, "Queen Chrysalis?" he stated. "I wouldn't worry about her."

PreviousChapters Next