• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 6,092 Views, 703 Comments

Short Shorts - Coranth

  • ...
40
 703
 6,092

PreviousChapters Next
203. Everyday Life Wit -- Oh dear...

Her voice had grown into a shout, her face a visage of fury. "I won't serve somepony who doesn't respect the Sovereigns of Equestria or the gifts they bestow, inconvenient or not! So you can stay right here, and I'll go get you somepony who will!" For a moment, all was silent in the room, save for the slight swish of fabric from her VIP's robe; the clicking of the light armor he wore beneath -- and then all hell broke loose. Guardsmare Honour Bound shrieked as her VIP bodily hauled her up into his arms, and then - as she struggled like an angry foal in his arms - he carried her back to Princess Luna's quarters. Dumping her in front of the Princess, as she sobbed with fright, struggled to get to her feet, all she could do was watch on as David glared at Luna, his eyes like cold, hardened chips of ice.

Then he laid it all down; the alterations he'd had done to his room, the ponies who'd been allowed to enter and exit under his watch, the fact that Corporal Honour Bound had been drunk, and her reprimanding of him -- but also the fact that he'd noticed Honour Bound had been acting differently ever since their meeting with the Princess. Then, Corporal Honour Bound watched, half in awe, half in sheer terror as David proceeded to verbally tear strips off Luna, dressing down the frightened Princess like a father reprimanding his foal! Finally it ended when to a thoroughly chagrined Luna he barked, "The Princess will explain to this one what she has done to affect this one's guard! She will explain quickly and then will reverse the effects; or this one will dismiss the Guardsmare Honor Bound on charge of disorderly conduct unbecoming of this Guardsmare due to being drunk and compromised by force external!"

Like a filly reprimanded, Luna explained to David about the effect her mere presence and that of her sister had on ponies -- and soon her VIP David was seething with anger. Eyes glowing with an overflow of his power which had nowhere else to go, David snarled, "This one is displeased! This one will cease developing technology for the general populous of Equestria, and will now develop a shield for this one's Guardsmares to block the effects of an alicorn's aura. This one will protect his Guardsmares -- even from you! Guardsmare Honour Bound... Issah'tzu!" Despite feeling utterly terrified at what had just happened, despite not knowing the language he spoke, Corporal Bound knew a call to attention when she heard one, and so got to her feet and snapped to attention, her mind a whirl of emotion.

'I... I thought he was going to have me dismissed from his service!' she thought, her mind a jumble. 'But he... he defended me, instead?' David snapped his fingers in front of her face, getting her attention; she looked up at him as he gazed down at her, sternly. Then, at last, he smiled, a smile that reached his eyes -- and now she felt even worse for having yelled at him before... "The Guardsmare Corporal Honour Bound will be at ease, and stand easy," he intoned gently. "She will follow this Templar back to quarters wherein she will quaff a strong potion for her hangover. The Guardsmare will then join this one in his bed, wherein she will be petted to sleep. In the morning, Corporal Honour Bound will resume her duties, and will issue an informal apology to this Templar for her misconduct; then she will procure for this Templar an Equestrian Cultural Liaison, that this Templar will no longer make cultural mistakes. Are this one's instructions clear?"

A half-laugh, half-sob escaping her, Honour Bound nodded. "Th-the instructions of this one's VIP are clear!" she replied, imitating his formal way of speech; at this, he beamed. Later that night, her mind awhirl, as a pyjama-clad David spooned her in his bed, holding her close, she couldn't hold it in anymore; a sob left her and then - as David petted and stroked along her side, finally, she wept.

PreviousChapters Next