• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 6,086 Views, 703 Comments

Short Shorts - Coranth

  • ...
40
 703
 6,086

PreviousChapters Next
180. Flurry.

Alas, there was little she could do to sway the Nobility lest she sow the seeds of rebellion within her fledgling Empire and so, with heavy heart, Princess Cadence commanded the human - with his strange pyramid and mysterious technology - to leave.

Having grown very close to him during his year-long stay with the Crystal Ponies, poor Princess Flurry Heart was devastated; as he finished hugging her - perhaps a little longer than normal - when Shining Armor gently pulled her apart from David, as the human reluctantly let go of her she wept like a foal, fighting her Father's grip, to no avail.

His own eyes misty at the loss of friends and at circumstances beyond his control, the human High Templar returned to his golden pyramid-ship; then, as Flurry Heart watched - her eyes awash with tears she didn't want to even try to stop - the Great Pyramid slowly ascended into the sky.

Then it was gone, and Flurry - though surrounded by friends and family - felt utterly alone.

It took her several weeks to overcome her sadness; during that time the Crystal Empire - for unknown reasons - grew even colder than usual.

Roughly three months later, however - as little Flurry Heart was about to fall asleep in her bed for yet another night - suddenly, IT filled her thoughts; that voice, the same ancient, yet gentle and comforting voice, like the gentle creaking of worn-in metal.

FLURRY... HEART...

Gasping, Flurry leaped from her bed and raced over to the nearest window which led to a balcony; then, throwing it open, she bolted outside, raising her head to the sky.

No sooner had she done so then another gasp escaped her as warmth infused her body, the hidden implants she'd all but begged her friend to give her starting to activate once more.

Her internal warp beacon. The Bio-System Cybernetic Grafts in her legs, which - as she grew - would grow with her. The Induced Psionic Field Generator, which surrounded her with a Psionic Plasma Shield that nopony in the Empire - or Equestria beyond - could detect. All were returning to life, along with the internal Nanocyte Hives which sustained them and enhanced her body's organic systems.

The final implant to reactivate was her Neural Transceiver, and as it turned on - this time making itself all others permanently active forever - little Flurry Heart bawled with a foal's joy as Music filled her thoughts.

It was the wordless, wonderous alien song she'd heard and fallen in love with when the human had first arrived. David had played it for her and her alone.

This was her song, and for little Flurry Heart it meant only one thing: her friend was returning.

David was returning to her.

She would not lose him again.

PreviousChapters Next