• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 6,080 Views, 703 Comments

Short Shorts - Coranth

  • ...
40
 703
 6,080

PreviousChapters Next
79. Not Unwanted (Author SI)

... and thus, I was dragged before the Solar Throne, in heavy moon steel chains and an inhibitor, to face Celestia, Luna and the Elements. As the mob of ponies jeered in anticipation, those I faced glared at me and then "Equestria" the Solar Diarch intoned, "has no need for another Alicorn. You don't deserve those wings..." And with that said she allowed Rainbow Dash to cruelly sever them - cut them off - the Court cheering as they fell to the floor, blood beginning to pour down my back as I howled in agony about the torture cage that covered my head.

Twilight stepped forward next. "Equestria already has four Princesses; we don't need an alicorn Prince, or your profane technology," she said--and then my world near-vanished in agony as she promptly cut off my horn; then a numbing spell was cast to allow this farce to continue. "Y'all don't have real legs; they got them metal things in 'em that makes y'all run faster..." Applejack stated as she stepped forward--and then, she moved to my front and broke my forelegs with a powerful buck, before circling around and breaking my hind legs.

Even as the numbing spell was cast again, I broke and cried, tears streaming from my eyes to stain my muzzle. 'Why... why are they doing this?! I... I haven't done anything...!' Rarity stepped forward, then, her normally kind face set in a twisted sneer. "Ponies like you don't deserve nice things," she stated--and then my body was afire, a scream wrenched from my throat as she used her magic to burn away my Templar attire and my fur. "You'll never smile again..." Pinkie stated, tightening the screws of the hoof-built torture cage I wore.

Lastly - when I was at my worst - Fluttershy stepped up and stared at me. "You're not wanted here. Go home. You're not wanted here. Go home. You're not wanted here. Go home..." The words rocked through my thoughts, driving me deeper into despair. The final blow came when Celestia teleported us all before the Dragon Weyr, - my wondrous pyramid-fortress - and then annihilated it before my eyes! As the Nexus and all my life therein became molten slag, the Weyrmind - the robotic franken-vessel housing the sentience of the Weyr - sought to recall me and escape into orbit.

Luna put a stop to that, coldly smashing the poor living ship into the ground with her magic. Then, as a final insult to grievous injury, the Weyrmind and I were transported into the darkest heart of the Everfree Forest and left to our fate. Agony suffused me as I dragged myself towards the Weyrmind; its pain/questioning/WHY? filled my thoughts as it did the same with sputtering, failing Gravitic Thrusters. "I... I don't know," I whispered softly to the dying ship, pressing my hornless forehead against an intact psi-steel plate as my tears fell. "I'm sorry, my friend; we never should have come here." Unable to muster enough power for its transceiver - due to a slow leak of its internal prismatic core - the dying vessel flickered its lights to me in Morse.

DO NOT CRY FOR ME. KNEW THIS WAS A ONE WAY TICKET, BUT YOU KNEW WE HAD TO COME. LOVE YOU, DAVID.

"I..." I choked, "I love you, too..."

* * *

And then, thankfully the nightmare ended, as I awoke with a pained cry, my heart thumping in my chest with the force of a sledgehammer! For a moment, I couldn't remember where I was but then, my gaze affixed upon Khorvas - my head archivist, the golden-furred white maned unicorn taking a step back. "My Lord," said he, humbly, "it's after ten; time for you to be awake, I think..." A moment later, he stepped forward, peering at me worriedly. "My Lord... do you... do you know where you are?"

I blink-blinked dumbly. Then, I looked around, things becoming clearer with time. "Yes, I... I'm in my quarters aboard the Weyr, I..."

"You were dreaming, my Lord, of something unpleasant," Khorvas stated. "May I inquire as to the nature of said dream?" No sooner had he asked the question then the elderly Unicorn let out a grunt of surprise as I pulled him into an embrace, wrapping forelegs and wings about his body as I whispered brokenly, telling him about the horror I'd witnessed. "My dear boy," whispered he sadly as he gently returned the embrace, "my dear, dear boy; now, why would you have a silly dream like that? You know very well that the Sisters welcome all ponies regardless of their origins and they have no problem with their being another alicorn here. In fact, I think Celestia finds it refreshing to bounce ideas off a fellow 'corn with a different point of view."

Under his watchful eye, I carefully rolled out of bed to stand on all-fours, wincing softly as my still-aching lower-back made its presence known; the result of me attempting to do the job of one of the Weyr's Probes on some system or another; I couldn't remember now but it still hurt like a bitch! "Ugh..." I groaned and dressed myself; then Khorvas followed me as I made my way out of my quarters, into the general hubbub of the greater Weyr. Around me foals played quietly or watched shows on the Viewscreen, or read, or slept quietly as their parents looked on. High above, still more ponies seated comfortably at their consoles, monitored the health and status of the Dragon Weyr whilst others watched lightly over our Everfree City via the Observers flitting about.

Between them all, marketeers hawked their wares, scientists and technicians discussed this and that, foals played in the internal 'streets'. parents shopped and still more ponies lived their day-to-day lives... Sounds impossible, doesn't it? Well... it isn't when the Dragon Weyr is five times the size of the Great Pyramid of Giza; a city-fortress in itself, 'stuffed' with more ponies and their families than I knew what to do with! Head Archivist Khorvas watched me carefully as I made my way into the communal facilities, the elderly unicorn frowning as I limped, favoring my right foreleg. How did I acquire said limp? Well... you go have a Hydralisk shoot one of its needle spines through your leg and see how you feel! "You really should get that leg tended to, Master David," Khorvas said, his tone one of long suffering. "I know..." I groaned.

Heading into a private bath chamber, I stopped before a stocked vanity unit and peered at myself in the mirror, taking in the sight of my unkempt mane and the awful bags under my eyes. "Ugh... I look like shit..." I groaned.

"Indeed, sir" Khorvas stated in jest from outside the door. 'I swear I can feel him grinning...' I thought.

"Shut up," I grumbled, jokingly, a chuckle escaping me. After a few moments during which I washed my face, brushed my mane and cleaned my teeth, I felt ready to face the day. Again, Khorvas followed me as I headed out. "Anything on the agenda for today?" I asked as we walked.

"Just the usual city-business, I'm afraid, though Celestia wanted to speak to you; she wishes to set up a sort of joint 'Alicorn Council' to oversee general Equestrian affairs."

"What? Her, Luna, Cadance, Twilight and Me?"

Khorvas nodded. "Correct, sir."

I mulled it over for a moment. "That... sounds reasonable. Schedule a meeting with her..."

"Very good sir..." He marked a note on his ever-present PADD. "Now, Twilight Sparkle wishes to speak to you as well; she wants to run another experiment..."

We stopped and I turned to face the elderly unicorn, wide-eyed. "Another one?" I queried. "How many's she got running now? Twenty? Thirty?"

"Fourty, I believe, sir..." Khorvas replied.

"Damn..." I marveled, "does that mare ever sleep? At this rate she'll have taken over the entire Science Level..."

"I believe she already has, sir," Khorvas responded dryly. "Last the Weyrmind checked, several dozen Probes were in fact building her quarters down there..."

"Oh, boy..." I pressed a forehoof gently against my face for a moment, a weary sigh escaping me. "What is it this time? She's not trying to replicate protoss psionic abilities with her magic again, is she?"

"No, sir. She wishes to attempt crystal growing, specifically a fusion of Protoss Khaydarin and those crystals found in the Crystal Empire." He handed me a smaller PADD containing said thoroughly detailed proposal and I skimmed through it. "This seems legit," I murmured, thoughtfully. "Not sure if the two could be combined, but knowing that mare she'll bloody make it happen. Give her the go ahead--so long as she remembers to rest, runs her combined psycho-magical formulas by me, and doesn't nearly blow up the Weyr this time; the Weyrmind wasn't amused when her psi-replication experiment near-blew up one of the labs!"

"Very good, sir..." Khorvas replied, marking it on his PADD.

"Is there anything else?" I asked.

"Well," Khorvas answered, "I was going to schedule a Muster this morning--but after how you slept last night the Weyrmind advised me against it; in fact, he recommends you take the day off today. Perhaps you might talk to Luna about your dream, then spend some time out and about in Everfree City - out of Weyrhome - in particular, the Foal Care Center. Often those little fillies and colts wonder where their surrogate Father gets to when he's not there..."

"Yeah," I replied thoughtfully. "Thanks, Khorvas; I'll do that..."

Author's Note:

Written after reading some nasty comments which I have since deleted. My Si gets his comeuppance because perhaps Gary-Stu. I might edit in a happier ending to this one, later; I was feeling pretty down when I wrote it. I write for myself; if people don't like my fics, you don't have to read 'em.

:fluttercry:

UPDATE: Added on more, expanded it/a way better ending.

PreviousChapters Next