• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 6,080 Views, 703 Comments

Short Shorts - Coranth

  • ...
40
 703
 6,080

PreviousChapters Next
24. Bad Dream / The End of Equestria / Twilight's Message (MLP:FiM/You Brighten Metafiction)

Laying within their bed, as Celestia and her beloved Daniel drifted somewhere between half-awake and half-asleep, there came a frantic knocking upon the bedchamber door... before it was violently thrown open as a lavender pony mare with purple-and-pink streaked mane and tail bolted into the room. Startled, Daniel and Celestia moved to sit up, for this mare was Twilight Sparkle, and she appeared deeply distressed; her body shook with barely contained sobs of anguish and her cheeks and muzzle were stained with tears. "... Mmmh... Twilight?" Celestia murmured. "Whatever is the matter?"

Hiccuping softly - struggling to hold within yet more tears determined to come - Twilight slowed as she moved up to the bed. "I--I..." she choked, "I had a bad dream. About the Author Coranth's last story short..."

Wiping the sleep from his eyes, Daniel focused his gaze upon the little pony mare, a frown creasing his face as he asked, "The one about little Elytra; the new Changeling Princess?"

No sooner had she heard her name then said Changeling Princess - who'd been asleep on the human's chest - raised her head; then upon seeing her favorite friend and playmate in such distress, she trilled in inquiry as if to ask, "What's wrong?"

At this, Twilight Sparkle laughed even as she shed more tears. "No," said she with a watery smile, "the one before that..."

With the purple unicorn's words came sharp clarity and Celestia winced as Daniel nodded sagely. "Ah..." said he. Lifting a corner of the duvet, the human patted the mattress. "Come in here, sweetie..." said he and Twilight did; sniffling, she climbed into bed with the three occupants and then - at some unseen signal Celestia and Daniel gently moved and shifted to cuddle poor Twilight between them; even little Elytra joined in, nudging, nuzzling and nosing the Unicorn Mare until she giggled and gently nuzzled her in return.

In all the times she'd done this - shared the bed with Daniel and Celestia - never had Twilight felt as if she was intruding; on the contrary the two had always made her feel welcome. She didn't feel like a 'third wheel'; she was wanted there; it was natural for her to be there; she belonged there. Now, as Daniel and Celestia tended to her, wrapping her up in hooves, wings and hands - softly stroking her everywhere and kissing away her heart's pain - fresh, happy tears clouded her vision and she whimpered, overwhelmed.

Quietly, Celestia nickered, "Tell me what's wrong, sweetheart. Tell Mama what's wrong. Come on, now..."

Swallowing thickly, Twilight asked, "W-Will... Will you and Daniel be that way, one day? Will you leave me... all... a-alone?"

"Oh, Twily..." Daniel crooned low as he combed her mane and scratched behind her ears. Then, lecturing, he continued, "Alicorns can never truly die - and neither can those they share themselves with - but... we can't stay here forever. One day, yes, Celestia's and my time here will end; we will move on - begin a new life - and you and Elytra will be Equestria's Princesses... or, perhaps others will be..." Ignoring the Unicorn's gasp and stricken expression - staring off into the distance - Celestia continued, "... and one day they will state that Equestria will end..."

Eyes wide, Twilight prompted, "'They?'"

"The people collectively known as 'Hasbro,'" Celestia replied softly. "They whom created us all long, long ago..."

"But-but... Faust!" Twilight gasped. "She-Who-Created..."

"... was and still is part of Hasbro, but has moved on; she weaves other worlds now. One day, dear Twilight... Equestria will end."

"But... the f-fandom; the little Children, the Bronies...!" the stricken mare gasped.

"All little Children must grow... and even though the Fandom will continue to weave our world for years to come - through the artwork, stories, animations, conventions and countless other works of wonder - eventually, they, too will move on. That's just the way things are, dear-heart..."

"NO!" Twilight cried, pushing away her mentor's comforting hoof. "UNACCEPTABLE!" With that said, Twilight Sparkle, the Element of Magic - the Balancing Force of the Mane Six whom were the Elements of Harmony - pushed against the Fourth Wall with all her strength as she sought to send a message to All Outside.

"My name is Twilight Sparkle..." spoke she, her words desperate and broken, "and I send this message to All who watch us from Outside; all who believe us and carry us in your hearts. Please... don't let Equestria end. Please don't stop believing in us - Your Little Ponies - or in Friendship and Harmony. Please, please, keep us alive, through the Fandom, through your art, stories, toys, ch-children... in any way you can. Please, I beg of you, keep us all and the Magic of Friendship alive, please... please..." And then she could speak no more; she burst into tears, and as Celestia, Danial and Elytra moved to console her, all could only hope that her message had somehow made it through, and that it would be enough...

PreviousChapters Next