• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 6,092 Views, 703 Comments

Short Shorts - Coranth

  • ...
40
 703
 6,092

PreviousChapters Next
207. Ignorance.

She looked towards a seething Big Mac, then towards Apple Bloom who was crying openly, then at last to her burning house, barn, and orchard. Finally, she turned towards the colt - the horrible colt - whom had set everything aflame. "Wh... why? Why'd yah do it?"

Avidly watching his work, actually inspecting everything to make sure it burned properly such that nothing would remain, the colt coldly answered, "I am an adult currently trapped within this disgusting foal's body. What did you think corporal punishment, and making me wash my mouth with soap would do, Applejack? Punishing me won't make me run to Mommy for comfort after."

"After everything we did tah help you... this is how you repay us?!" Applejack finally replied--but before she could continue the colt cut her off.

"Oh, yes," he responded, "how did you help me, exactly? Let's see... refusal to let me learn magic, saying that I was too young so there was no point... assuming I knew things about your culture and customs when I actually didn't... that fucking paddle you brought out every time I swore when frustrated--or even when I stubbed a hoof when I was learning to walk again after losing my humanity!"

The sheer anger in his eyes, the rage in his voice... Applejack sobbed and backed away, only now realizing just how wrong she'd gotten everything. The colt closed his eyes, took a deep breath, calmed as much as he could; then he continued, "Also making me wash my mouth with soap--until I fell ill, and then Redheart came and verbally blasted you for it. Took me weeks to recover from that, thanks so much. And lastly, failure to acknowledge me as the adult I am. I'm forty years old, Applejack; I'm not your foal, and wouldn't ever want to be. I'm surprised Apple Bloom turned out as well as she did; if she had any sense, she'd turn from you, too--but she doesn't. This is the price for your ignorance. Goodbye."

As she watched the colt turn away for the last time - as she watched him walk boldly into the Everfree Forest, heard the sounds of Timberwolves scream as they began to burn - finally, Applejack openly wept.

-------

This one was written for all those awful "adult in a foal's body" fanfics, particularly where Applejack adopts the main character, punishes them for swearing, nopony acknowledges the main character is an adult, etc. Yes, I know it's mostly played for comedy, but seriously... I hate those fics.

PreviousChapters Next