• Published 21st Apr 2013
  • 6,076 Views, 703 Comments

Short Shorts - Coranth

  • ...
40
 703
 6,076

PreviousChapters Next
42. Human Insecurities / Healing a Broken Mare

Stricken, the white Alicorn Mare gazed up at her beloved Daniel, her eyes wide and round - filling with tears - and her lower lip trembling. "What?" she whispered. "Wh-What did you say?"

A weary sigh escaping him, Daniel softly repeated, "Sometimes... You scare me, Celestia." Then a moment later he continued "You really do. You have power inside you that - quite frankly - scares the hell out of me. You banished your sister - sent her to the moon, the moon for god's sake - because you and she got into a disagreement and fought. What's going to happen if we get into a serious disagreement? Are you going to banish me, too? No... perhaps you'll just fry me with a solar flare, what with you being the Princess of the Sun and all."

Her heart wrenching in agony, Celestia reached out a hoof, pleadingly, even as she stuttered, "I... Daniel, no... I..."

Daniel, his expression neutral, wouldn't take it. "And another thing," he continued, "is the fact that you're immortal. You're like... like a Tolkien Elf, Celestia! You're this amazing, beautiful, immortal, all powerful being--and I'm not. I'm... nothing. Just... a speck of dust. A mere one hundred years is how long I'll live - if that - and... then what? You'll move on. Find somebody else. I'm just a dalliance, for you, Celestia. A plaything..."

The way he spoke - always in that gentle tone, never raising his voice, never shouting - was terrifying to Celestia. She was used to the shouting of the Nobility in Court; she was used to the strident, booming tones of her beloved sister. She most certainly wasn't used to this, however; the voice of this man whom could wound her so deeply with the softest of words. She swallowed thickly as she heard him laugh, softly, gently.

"It's funny, you know..." said he once the sound had died away, "you and your sister... you're like the Greek Gods. They used to come down from Mount Olympus and play with us mortals - they'd stir our passions, make us do all sorts of crazy things in the name of love - and then they'd just up and leave us. Or kill us if we angered them. And now... here you are: the Pony Greek God. You going to kill me, too? You can, you know... quite easily..."

Then it was all Celestia could do to keep listening - bile welling up within her throat - as in that calm, soft voice, Daniel began listing the ways in which she could oh-so-easily do so. "You could trample me to death. You could rear up on your hind legs; bring your forelegs crashing down atop me. You could buck me in the chest with your hind legs; cave my chest in. You could end my life with any number of devastating magical spells--or even the power of the sun itself. Hell, you could even gut me with that long spear you've got sticking out of your forehead."

Swallowing back the bile in her throat, the Princess choked, "I... I would never..."

Slowly, Daniel shook his head - inducing within the alicorn's heart a painful spasm - and then he responded softly "You don't know that, Celestia. All it takes is one moment - one single moment - for you to lash out at me in rage, and then..."

It was true, oh Faust, all he said was true... In that instant - that single moment in time - Celestia knew how Daniel felt, knew what it was to be a mortal. She knew and understood...

She hated it.

And then, she realized...

It was happening again...

It was happening again, just like it had in Equestria with her subjects...

Her beloved Daniel... was rejecting her...

She couldn't take it, not like this, not from him.

Dropping unto her haunches, then onto her belly, the Princess of the Sun crawled towards Daniel, wretched and submissive, a hoof extended, reaching for him... then with voice desperate, pleading, broken, she confessed.. She spoke of how she had banished her sister, yes--but that the cost of the spell had nearly killed her, physically and spiritually. She spoke of how she was a Princess--but that she despised the crown and sometimes wished to live a simple life. She spoke of how she was immortal--but thought of it a curse; she could never find one to share her heart with for she would have to watch them die. She spoke of her subjects, oh-so-many Little Ponies--but she could never get to know any of them personally; as the Princess she always had to remain aloof and detached; thus her subjects thought her humorless and rather strict or cruel.

At the end of it all - as Daniel looked on, his own heart breaking - overcome with rage and sadness, Celestia cast off her regalia and flung it away; then she rolled unto her back and gazed up at Daniel, foal-like, her face and muzzle wet with tears. She was used up. Wrung out. She had nothing left, now. Nothing left except... "Please," she whispered, "not you too. Please, don't leave me. Not you too..." And Daniel... Daniel - his own eyes misty - reached down and helped the poor mare to her feet. That's all she was, thought he - now knowing the truth - not a goddess, not an 'Alicorn'... just a mare, very old, and so very tired. Ever so gently, his hand on her back to support her, Daniel helped a weakly stumbling and tottering Celestia to his bedroom and then - after helping her to lie upon his bed... he began to touch her with his hands, and Celestia let him.

Openly she wept - expunging eons of pent up hurt and loneliness - choking sobs, soft coos and little sighs escaping her throat as her beloved human companion Daniel used his hands to stroke, pet, and caress her everywhere he could reach. 'He... he's not going to leave me...!' thought she as she moved this way and that way, letting him stroke and caress her over and over from head to flanks and back again. Every touch of his hands was as a soothing balm to her rent and ravaged soul, every softened apology and sweet nothing whispered into her ears a validation. More and more tears fell from her eyes but even as Daniel tried to brush them away, first with hands and then with sweet kisses, still more remained; so he gave up and stroked along her muzzle instead, cupped her nose in his palm allowing her to take in his scent and blow into his hands; then as he massaged her cheeks and stroked along her jaw she opened her mouth, allowing him to gently ease his fingers inside to touch her teeth and rub her tongue; yet more proof of her promise to never hurt him in any way at all.

Then he was stroking his hands over her neck and chest area, feeling her ancient heart beat, before he moved unto her barrel, stroking, caressing, as Celestia cooed softly and wriggled in bliss. He moved unto her flanks then, squeezing her rump ever so gently, running his hands from her thighs unto her hind hooves as she kicked and wriggled gently, a giggle escaping her throat... And then she was gasping softly as he came back down, massaging her inner thighs gently before he explored with his hands her teats, touching and manipulating the little nipples gently. He massaged them, then, but not hard or painfully, no he did so in a way that made Celestia's instincts scream 'Foal is feeding...!', then her breath hitched and a sob caught in her throat as he whispered, "You would make a wonderful Mother..." T'was the ultimate complement for a Mare - to know that she would be a fine dam for her stallion - and for Celestia to hear this from Daniel, when no pony had ever said it to her before... Never had she felt so contented - so wanted, so valid - in her life! She was Mare and all ponies would hear her neigh!

A moment later it was not a neigh that came from her, but a deeply contented hum as Daniel palmed and massaged her privates, her crescent, her sex ... in a completely non-sexual manner; he sought not to arouse her or make love with her this night, but to heighten the bliss she felt as he explored her body. healing her soul through his words and touch. It was working... oh Faust, was it working. Daniel moved away from her nether regions, then; he shifted his attention to her tail, burying his hands in the natural pink hair, but only for a short time, before he started the entire petting again... and again... and again. During yet another stroking of her barrel, emboldened, Celestia gently tangled him up in a snarl of legs, hooves and wings, shifting them into the bed and pulling the duvet atop them with her magic; but even as this happened, she never released him and he never made to let go of her. They wouldn't. They couldn't Too vulnerable. Too risky... That, and she doubted she could live without his touch - without him - there with her. Together they would work to overcome their flaws, barriers, and insecurities. Together, Man and Alicorn would heal.

PreviousChapters Next