• Published 20th Nov 2012
  • 2,573 Views, 258 Comments

My Little Wasteland - ThatBronyWithTheClipOns

  • ...
11
 258
 2,573

Epilogue: All is Well

In time, Equestria prospered as it had in the past. It wasn't easy, but Twilight Sparkle and her friends did their very best to get ponies back in harmony with one another. Pinkie Pie even threw a WE BROUGHT THE WORLD BACK TO HARMONY PARTY, with EVERYPONY in Equestria celebrating.

Twilight Sparkle became the new ruler over Equestria, with Spike serving as captain of the newly formed Royal Guard. Twilight returns to the library in Ponyville whenever possible.

Applejack and Big Macintosh reopened Sweet Apple Acres and started selling immediately. Big Macintosh had his former gun hoof replaced with a simple metal replacement. Mal Wesson stuck around to help on the farm; most suspect it was because he’d grown sweet on Applejack.

Rarity reopened the Carousel Boutique, selling fashion that while stylish, was reminiscent of the desert wear many ponies had worn for years.

Rainbow Dash took on responsibility of training young flyers, with Scootaloo as her assistant.

Fluttershy was back to caring for animals big and small, no longer acting as the Beast Mistress. Sly started helping her out to make up for his past crimes. Angel Bunny misses the days when they'd attack enemies.

Pinkie Pie became the new owner of Sugarcube Corner, with Pound Cake serving as her apprentice. Pumpkin Cake became a student to Twilight, and sometime later took over the Library in Ponyville to stay close to her brother and Pinkie. Gummy had to live in the Everfree Forest because he was too big to be roaming around town. Pinkie visits him every evening after closing the bakery.

Apple Bloom became the new mayor of Ponyville, winning the election by a landslide. She still has a problem with curving her language.

Sweetie Belle still sings at the Musical Mare from time to time. She’s currently engaged to Spike.

All was right with the world.

Comments ( 51 )

1723355 Well I felt I put some thought into how it was gonna end. The epilogue is more a where are they now, so it's not supposed to be super long or have a lot of description. The real ending for me is Chapter 17, I just figured some readers would want to know what the Mane 6 and others were up to. And I like to think that while it ended happily, it wasn't something that happened overnight. I'm not super great at describing a passage of time, but I still like to think it was months and months later that Equestria got to where it is in the epilogue.

Sly started helping her out to make up for being a bad before. A bad what before? And tense is this in? Is it a retrospective? Then keep it past tense. Or is it a current status sort of thing? Then have it present tense. Try not to stray between the two like you have here because it gets confusing to read.
I hope I don't come across meanly, I just noticed some things that stood out to me.

1723436 Sorry, I figured it was obvious that Sly was a bad pony before helping them out. I should probably go back and fix that epilogue. It was pretty much meant to be a status update on the main characters and secondary.

1723455I know he was a bad pony, I just wondered if a word was missing from the sentence or if you added an a to it. Ok, that is what I thought.

I would have loved to have seen more of this story. Are there any plans for a more Slice of Life style sequel? I say SoL because I doubt there will be too much trouble in the future. Of course, if this were in universe, my saying that would guarantee something bad happening.

Also, did you ever say what happened to Shining Armor and Cadence or was their fate not important to this story?

1723539 I had this story idea long before Shining Armor and Cadence were introduced to the show. Personally I always felt they were shoe horned in and there wasn't a good build up to either characters. While I still enjoy the episodes that feature them, I feel too much of a big deal is made about them as neither have done nearly as much as the main characters. Most of the show before the royal wedding had given the implication that Twilight never really had friends or did any kind of playing around. Suddenly she has an older brother who was apparently always playing with her and a foal sitter who played with her. So I never even took them into consideration when writing this story. That statement I'm sure will offend some, but that's just how I feel about them at this moment. So far they've just been more a convenient plot point. Hell, they've been given more things to do than Princess Luna, who I'd personally rather see more stuff involving her. But no, in the royal wedding she's almost nonexistent. "Did I miss anything?" Uh, YEAH! You somehow slept through an entire wedding and a changeling invasion! So to answer the question after a long rambling, no their fates weren't important to this story. Should I ever make a sequel, I guess I can mention that they were also killed during the whole ordeal. Or this might just be an alternate universe where Twilight is an only child. Anything is possible.

1723622Hey, that is no problem to me. I was just wonderin what happened to them when I read bout Spike being the new Captain of the Royal Guard. I asked about them in particular because as poorly they were added in show, they are still important to Twilight. Of course that is all a moot point if she is an only child in this.

1723641 Well maybe she is and maybe she isn't. I'm pretty satisfied with how this story turned out, so I don't really see myself going back to make a little mention in the main narrative "Oh by the way, Shining Armor and Princess Cadence are dead." Just seemed like that would be just as shoe horned in as those characters were. :derpytongue2:

1723656Oh no, I would hate for you to do that! No, I was looking for some 'word of god' from saying their fate. That or a hint at a sequel.

1723641 Speaking of captain of the royal guards, that's something you'd think Twilight's friends would've known about already since they seemed to know she had a brother. I mean, none of them were shocked to even hear she had a brother, but were shocked upon hearing he was Captain of the Royal freakin Guards! I know if i had gone into that episode blindly without seeing a single preview, I woulda been like "WHHHHHAAAAAAAAT!?" :pinkiegasp:

1723663 Well I think this story could leave itself open to a sequel. Though I doubt it would be as long as this one because I don't feel there would be as much conflict next time around. So the sequel would have a different tone for sure. The only conflict I could think of is an attack from an outside source, like the changelings or giant dragons or something. I can safely say that in this continuity that there's no King Sombra. Nothing against him, he seemed like he could be a very cool villain, but that would just require me to write a shit load of back story for how Twilight would find out about this without the aid of Celestia.

1723666As much as I like them, that is just another reason those two were so poorly introduce. There was NO mention of them anywhere prior to that moment. It was like if Chrysalis magick'd up a new princess and CotRG and make everyone believe that they were always there, even though they were not.

1723685You could make a Slice of Life style sequel like how the TwiMacverse is SoL rom-com.

1723686 I know right! I mean there are apparently people who complain about the Mysterious Mare Do Well episode for not being very consistent in tone or character traits, but at least that episode had the main characters we'd known from a previous season. And while the songs were good in the royal wedding episode, they didn't have nearly the impact they could've had if we had known the characters. Really the Big Brother song would've been more suited towards Applejack and Big Macintosh because we've at least seen them talking to each other and seen moments where they clearly care for each other.

1723707 True. I'll consider it. But for now, I need to finish the second part of my TwiMacVerse. Also I got a couple other ideas that I'd want to take care of before taking another crack at this continuity.

I don't quite know what to say... but good endings are always good! :pinkiehappy:

And nobody gave a fuck about the Crystal empire.

1724531 I had thought up this story long before Cadence and Shining Armor were shoe horned into the show. Since I didn't include them in the story, I felt no need to include the Crystal Empire. One tag is Alternative Universe, so just think of it that way.


Good story man.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo- *cough* hack* - ahem- hooooooooooooooo. What else can I say beautiful! A little rushed and strange but still fun and heartwarming.

P.S. Twilight is OP please Nerf! Jk she's cool. And man what an ending:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::twilightsmile::yay::ajsmug::rainbowkiss::raritywink::raritystarry: yeah!!!

Awesome story is awesome story :yay:

-Kiryu :moustache:

1973869 Glad you're liking it. Yeah, that was a plot point I thought of long before writing it. The Flim-Flam brothers seemed like the type to capitalize on a wasteland, thus manufacturing weapons themselves to sell to others.

1973923 That was one of my favorite scenes to write; and any scene that involves Spike and or Mal being a badass. :pinkiehappy:

A glorious tale, my good sir. :moustache: An epic, even. Although, it could have been longer, going into detail of all the ass that everyone was kicking between events, and I also liked the addition of Spike's wings. And those who died could have stayed dead, perhaps? :applejackunsure: But still, this is my new favorite MLP action stories.

1974000 Well, in the ones brought back were just from that are at the ancient castle. I didn't have Twilight bring everyone back to life. There was just a lot of bad stuff that happened, I wanted some triumph in the end. Still, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

To favorite or not to favorite, that is the question.

On one hoof we have a badass Spike, on the other a story were some of the most important parts are rushed and a alicorn Twilight (I want all of the mane six to be equal, well more or less anyway, some are more awesome than others.)

I guess I will favorite the story, but it could be better if you let the story take it's time.

1986563 I just never felt the need to go into a huge amount of detail. And thematically it wouldn't make sense for all of them to become alicorns in this story. And I admit some parts may have been rushed because I wanted to focus again on my other story at the time, Love is a Many Splendid Pile of Crazy.

@FanatiGeekBrony (I can't figure out how to reply properly while on my phone)

What I mean is that more detail would be nice, and while I understand why you don't want everyone to be an alicorn in this case, I wouldn't even have Twilight become one.

With these changes there wouldn't even be a question if I would favorite the story or not. But I guess it doesn't really matter, I enjoyed the story and that's what important.

2626875 I don't think it matters how old a story is for someone to comment in it. Glad you like it, the cover art is what gave me the idea for this story in the first place. :moustache:

I can't believe I haven't read this little gem of a story until now. A little rough like some gems but brilliant all the same.Cheers for the good read.:twilightsmile:

2811922 I have considered it, but I'm currently working on my TwiMacVerse and a few other ideas, so it'll be on the back burner for sure.

2887782 I've thought about it. But I have some other ideas in the works right now, so if I make a sequel to this it'll be a while.

3165641 Are you the one who made the video?

3168252

Errr... I read it. If thats what your asking o-o

3219012 No, I was asking if you're the one who did the reading in video form. I've watched some of them and it's not too bad.

3221952

I'm still failing to understand the question :/

I record then I use windows movie maker to turn it into a video format.

3223566 I meant to ask if you're the one who did the recording.

3223622 Cool, I like what I've listened to so far. Although Malady is pronounced mal-ah-dee. Also, you may wanna rerecord certain moments to fix your goofs (like calling Braeburn by Berchram).

3223666
I already have all this fixed. But I just want to put out their that I recorded your fic a good month and a half ago and have 8 full fics after yours. I just haven't had any internet to upload them. And don't want to re-read them... The mess ups become rare around "In love and war" or "Past Sins" ... Idk...

3229657 That's cool, I understand. I still enjoy listening to them either way, particularly the voices. I'm flattered you used one of my fics. And I'm not one to really talk about errors because I'll be the first to admit I'm not the best at grammar.

3229919

Shit, if the story's good, I don't care about the grammar. As long as it doesn't overwhelm it :/

Next fic is being uploaded!

3229997 That's how I feel about it too, I don't feel the need to get an editor because I'm doing this for fun. If someone wants to point out my spelling errors I can always fix it.

Well the story was good for the most part. It was worth the time I spent reading it. Grammar errors everywhere but the story was still readable.

10 out of 10 for Gore
8 out of 10 for Sad
7 out of 10 for Dark
9 out of 10 for Adventure
10 out of 10 for AU
7 out of 10 for grammar
8 out of 10 for overall story.

A like and will be added to my Spike folder.:moustache:

Login or register to comment