• Published 20th Nov 2012
  • 2,572 Views, 258 Comments

My Little Wasteland - ThatBronyWithTheClipOns

  • ...
11
 258
 2,572

Prologue: Chaos Reigns

It was a day that nopony would ever forget, a day nopony could ever forget; the day all of Equestria turned into a wasteland. Discord had managed to escape his stone imprisonment and was doing his usual thing of turning everything topsy turvy. But it wasn’t Discord that led Equestria to it’s eventual state. No, the pony responsible was a purple unicorn named Twilight Sparkle.

It was an accident of course; she was desperate to bring everything back to its normal state. Discord seemed more powerful this time around, and his seemingly harmless pranks had turned deadlier. She was so desperate that she used a spell so powerful that in the past it was forbidden to be used by anypony, even the princesses themselves. But Twilight was desperate to stop the god of chaos, so much so that she even used her power of the Elements of Harmony to enhance it. Discord seemed to be wiped from existence, but he wasn’t the only one. To her shock, Princess Celestia and Luna had been wiped out as well.

In an instant, the entire world plunged into a chaos that rivaled Discord’s own antics. The sun and the moon, with nopony to control them, seemed to nearly collide into each other. The moon eventually crashed into Canterlot, completely destroying the once great capital. With the shift in tides and weather patterns, oceans dried up and much of the plant life died. Equestria had quickly turned into a desert wasteland. A war broke out between the races for the first time in centuries, a war that lasted close to ten years. Needing defense from the magic of the unicorns and the aerial maneuvers of the pegasai, the earth ponies fashioned firearms for themselves. This gave the earth ponies an upper hoof they’d never had before. But it wasn’t long before some earth ponies were providing weapons to the opposing forces as well. The war was devastating for all sides.

While many ponies learned to live with each other, lawlessness was all over none the less. Gangs roamed the land, tormenting those unable to defend themselves. Soon bounty hunting became normal for anypony needing money to keep themselves fed.

Immediately, Twilight was shunned by all of ponykind, even her once best friends. She became known as the Cursed One. Many ponies wanted to see her dead for what she had done. Her number one assistant became her only protector.