• Published 6th Nov 2012
  • 2,164 Views, 101 Comments

Storm Of Secrets - Beware The Carpenter



Set one year after an alternate ending to season 2; Cadance and Shining Armor never got married.

  • ...
23
 101
 2,164

PreviousChapters
Sequel(s)

Well; that was it for the first pony story I did; hope you enjoyed it.

I think it's fair to mention that this is a re-write of the original draft of SOS, in which Spitfire was a non-character. Rainbow Dash quit the Wonderbolts shortly after this, and gave the team back to Spitfire, just as she had wanted. So far I haven't written the story of Spitfire's demise, but when I do it will be a direct sequel to

Soarin's Pet Rock.

Most people wouldn't think that a pet rock could have many adventures.

Most people would be wrong.

The main story continues however 22 years later; dealing with the deep ramifications of Twilight taking over the super-weapon project she learned about in Uthraig (chapter 42) and testing for other unicorns who could expand their magic the way Shining Armor did. The results were... startling; and never publicized.

Story focuses on an aged Twilight; the three of the original mane six; plus Shining Armor and Candace who did get married eventually.

Limits of the Horizon

They lied to me. They told me I’d been sick, that I'd contracted a virus, and that’s why I couldn't remember two years of my life. Celestia, my friends, Shining Armor, Cadance, Spike… they all looked me straight in the eye, and told me the same thing, the same lie, for eighteen years.

I will never forgive them.

Unless stated otherwise, all of my stories share the same cannon and connect to each other in one way or another. Some are very silly, others are extremely dark; but they all provide information to the wider mystery.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 12 )

6675252

Apart from generating a shield around and entire city.

My cannon splits after the end of season 2; Shining Armor has more magic than Twilight, though not as versatile control and not quite as smart; though is still highly intelligent and has focused almost all of his studying/ training towards combat/ war.

He deserved to be one of Celestia's protégées, but was neglected that chance, and even passed over for promotion because he's the spitting image of someone from Celestia's past.

Celestia's Smartypants

6675252

I also don't like it how in the show there are hardly any males, and most of them are far weaker than their female counterparts.

6675423

Think 'Secret of my Excesses'. After a dragon matures, they can't really be controlled. All they want to do is sit on a hoard and protect it from anyone who comes their way.

6675438

Or the dragons could rip each other apart over the sparkly rain, and then you don't have any dragons left.

6723975

Denorious was officially the daughter of the Manehatten marshal. There was a marshal, with a barren wife, who managed to rescue one 13 year old filly who'd been trafficked and was then pregnant. She told him stories about being raped, and also about a lot of drugs she'd been given and spells that were cast on her to that she didn't know what they were for. She asked the marshal to adopt her baby.

You might want to take a look at Forsaken for more information; and keep this in mind if you ever get around to reading Limits of the Horizon.

(I'll also suggest Shining Armor's mental state at this time; his opinion right now is mostly Storm's opinion, who during a very dark time had clung onto Denorious as his one beacon of hope. Not everyone had such lofty opinions of Denorious.)

I don't know what you mean about another ridiculously OP character. Maybe you meant Shining Armor who's trained for combat his entire adult life?

6943560

Thanks for the edits

That's OK, still working on the sequels that pull everything started here together like Twilight learning about The Manehatten project ect.

7057854

There is a Summary of Storm of Secrets if your interested. It hasn't been updated since I completely re-did the first third- ten chapters or so last year, but it would suffice.

(Ironically the first two chapters are the only ones I wasn't sure how to fix, so there should be a dramatic shift in quality coming up soon.)

7332871

I've only watched it sporadically after they made Twilight an Alicorn and that awful, awful Equestria Girls movie; though I keep writing, and occasionally incorporate newer cannon characters like Maud.

7340375 Ah, okay.

Thanks for explaining that, hun.

I remember when I first read this on FanFiction.net! Oh, the nostalgia! This was the first My Little Pony Fanfiction I had every read, and it's actually what got me into writing mlp fan fiction! Great story, wonderful OCs, cool plot, amazing action scenes, and a beautiful romantic aspect. 17.8/10 would recommend. I freaking love this story so much! :pinkiehappy:

8028238

This means a lot to me.

It really bothers me how many delays loth has had, leaving potentially dangerous loose ends; I should be able to focus on it for a while after the end of may.

Login or register to comment