• Published 30th Jul 2023
  • 333 Views, 21 Comments

The 200 Words Contest - DeathToPonies



Twilight hosts a writing competition, challenging her friends to write five stories in five genres, each only 200 words each. Pinkie tries her best!

  • ...
1
 21
 333

Experimental - The 40 Words Contest

Rarity stood triumphantly over Grogar, the beast finally stricken down even at the cost of her friends. The ruin of Equestria lay in their wake.

"Is it possible? Could it truly be that I have been defeated?"

"Yes."

Dinner? Skating? Sightseeing? There's no way to know! What is Bon Bon gonna respond best to tonight? Oh, I can't mess this up! She's so mad at me!


I hope Lyra knows...I could never be mad at her.

Babycakes, Babycakes, watch over them. Watch as they creep and crawl - watch them walk the walls. Watch them watch you in your sleep, watch them whatever the watch of you. No watch on their watch.

The Baby Cakes.

"No, you-"

Cheese Sandwich sighed, the carriages behind him shouting for holding up the drive through.

"-You aren't hearing me. I said a CHEESE DELUXE."

"You don't give a cluck?" asked the grey pegasus employee.

Cheese sighed deeper.

Drama - Applejack's Confession

"I love you!" shrieked Applejack.

"I know," spoke Dash calmly, smiling.

Slice of Life - Poke

"Boooop!" squeaked Fluttershy to Angel.

Horror - Last Pony

The last pony alive heard a knock.

Comedy - The biggest joke of all of Equestria!

Starlight.

Experimental - The 1.4 Word Contest


Comments ( 13 )

Oh this is actually very clever hehe

Hey buddy, you were about to miss the deadline so I went ahead and added it to the group for ya.

Nopony felt more up to the challenge more than Pinkie Pie.

Why stay small? Why not use all seven of Twilight’s friends? (the rest of the Mane Six plus Starlight Glimmer and Spike)

The experimental one is great! :rainbowlaugh:

This is so good lol

This is a work of genius. XD

11653965
Thanks! I knew I had to do it.

This...this is glorious.

A wonderful Matryoshka Doll of a story. I had a grand time reading. Perhaps the best part for me was the Comedy story in five or so words. Good luck in the judging!

I...usually have more to say when I comment, but that's all I have.

Fantastic work! I bet Pinkie won. I can feel it. I can smell it.

I understand your pain.
But also, this was incredibly clever. I expected the "5 word contest" joke, but you pushed it even further when it hit 1.4 words. Good idea to use pictures to help sell the joke. Furthermore, getting everything to be exactly 200 was nuts. I had to fudge around with my stories to make the total 1000, but I couldn't get each one to be exactly 200.

The last two images at the end don't show up. This was definitely an ambitious idea, and you shouldn't stray from those when they're a good test for your skills. It's just that these ones in particular don't stand alone very well as stories. The experimental category is one of my favorites in these contests, but these were just a few words of standard prose and there isn't a reason to justify how short they are. They don't have any punch or justification for their format. For example, a poem can be justified in why it's a certain word count and not one line longer. The story Statistics and its sequel both have good reasons why they're written the way they are. Can you say the same about this piece and whether it has the same sensation of wholeness? One really good prose example to counter Statistics is this story here.

Btw, just an afterthought, but the 'anthology' tag would have suited this story best.

Hello! I reviewed this fic earlier this month, and so here's your courtesy note. Also a like, as I thought it was good fun and with some nice touches.

Login or register to comment