• Published 30th Jul 2023
  • 333 Views, 21 Comments

The 200 Words Contest - DeathToPonies



Twilight hosts a writing competition, challenging her friends to write five stories in five genres, each only 200 words each. Pinkie tries her best!

  • ...
1
 21
 333

Slice Of Life - Philomena's Portal Faux-tastrophy!

Don't get into any trouble, Philomena.

The poor phoenix was really feeling the weight of Celestia's words now. All she had done was bump a couple shelves in the potions room - sure, maybe she had done so because she was being chased by royal guards she had just finished harassing for hours, but that was besides the point - and now there were dozens of portals opening up all over the castle.

She didn't know stallions could scream so loud.

Everywhere a pony could look, there was a view of something else ridiculous or horrifying - in one, gigantic squid splashed water out of from an endless ocean. From another, embers from a volcano erupted into the hallway, causing a guard to back up and slam into a suit of armor, panicking him more.

In one innocuous portal, a mintgreen pony with a sock on her head tilted her head, confused.

Just when she thought her life was surely over, all of the carnage disappeared instantly.

Without a trace.

The phoenix blinked, and looked over to her side, seeing Discord grinning slyly, having just snapped his fingers.

"Let's listen to 'Tia next time, okay?"

The phoenix had never screeched so loud.