• Published 21st Jun 2021
  • 4,803 Views, 388 Comments

The Lady in Lavender - Via



Once, there was a girl. With her birth - the moon broke, and so did time. Underneath its broken fragments, a prophet whispers - "Fear the Lady in Lavender."

Comments ( 18 )

I am incredibly pleased at the flat 7,000k word chapter to round off the story at 100k perfectly :twilightsmile: Very well done

Via

11131539
Thank you. It originally ended up being 8k, but I wanted it to be 7k badly enough that I scrapped 1k total.

Totally worth it.

And officially 100.000 words to the letter.

So, Kesmera made alliance with Antaicus?

100k pretty poggers

Via

11131643
11131893
Mhm. Here's to another 100,000 more.

I mentioned it in passing on Discord, but as for expected length of this story - there are roughly 8 more major plot points to go through. So far, the story has only gone through three - Twilight's Introduction, the Iampex, and Nightmare Moon.

Not to say that the story will be 2.6x longer. Could be shorter, could be longer. Who's to say? Definitely not me.

11131769
At the very least, they're in contact with each other.

The world you have built here is as beautiful as it is terrifying.

As always, your updates are a delight!

100k words already! *shouts madly*.

God. This is a lot. Like, the story isn't that long but god damn does it feel it. You have a talent for putting a lot of story in few words. I'm going to have to read this over again before I can gather any complex thoughts on anything. Maybe next time I'll read slower; I think I need more time to digest this all than I get reading it all in a day.

Via

11237887
I'm happy you enjoyed. Thank you very much for the compliment on my writing <3.

But some credit must be given to Discord’s sheer courage, for conjuring up a train moving at a quarter of the speed of light that slammed into Soleil’s side. It was the first impact that seemed to do anything more than wash over her - sending her hurtling through space even as the magical construct crumpled up around her. She came to a sudden stop - righting herself in a moment, before letting out a barely perceptible sigh.

https://youtu.be/X06ExFmFU5k

Via

11253782
11256122

Apologies in advance; this comment is going to be long and rambling.

I do so love long and rambly comments. It speaks to my long and rambly heart.

Perhaps it just means they're looking up at the still-whole, undamaged False Moon and Sun.

This is correct!

I swear I remember reading later in the story that only one or two of them even knew Celestia had a sister, and those who did know weren't aware of what happened to her. I'll pin this somewhere and bring it up again when I get to that chapter.

You remembered correctly. There may be an inconsistency in actual writing - but here's Word of God.
Hermes and Zarrat ascended after Luna's fall. Thaola and Beollyssurth ascended before Luna's fall, but weren't quite privy to all the details.

Now I have to wonder which of the Children she's met. Obviously Discord and The Eldest Daughter, her greatest failures and fears. The humility part is interesting though, it may imply she's met the Lady of the Heavens.

Facade answers this - she's met Discord, Destruction, and Fate.

I just find it a bit weird and whatnot to call a pony foreleg an arm. Doesn't seem quite right imo.

You're correct in finding it strange for a pony story! Humanoids are my first and foremost, so there's bits of that speckled throughout the story. Will fix it~.

If you were to summarize this passage to me, I would say it's likely a rather innocuous or unexceptional concept. Yet, it manages to bring me almost to tears and I can't even say why.

I'm honored by the compliment.
I think that paragraph is pretty indicative of the whole story as it is - Twilight being a catalyst for horror or wonder, but people (ponies) choosing to look at the hope a little bit more.

Half the time I was reading this I was confused in a good way, but I was enthralled the entirety. I really hope to read more.

More words plz

this was very good I really enjoyed reading I hope you write more

This is an incredible story, such a vast and mysterious world of wonderful cosmic horror you have crafted.
I certainly hope you'll be able to continue it!
:)

Even years after the last time I touched this story I still think about it. I suspect I think about this piece more than I do any other piece of fanfiction, or even writing of any kind. I can't imagine how difficult it is to come back to something like this after so long away, but no matter how or if this proceeds I want you to know you wove a world that truly captivated me.

I love the story i cant wait for its return

Login or register to comment