• Published 18th Jan 2020
  • 1,851 Views, 36 Comments

She Will Outlive Them (Not) - SamSwordsman123



After the book closes, Twilight's friends remind her of a terrible truth. But she is quick to point out some loopholes and turn things around.

  • ...
13
 36
 1,851

I Want My Friends, I Need Them!

Twilight and her friends watched Luster Dawn walk off with her friends as the sun set behind them.

“Well, our story is over huh?” Pinkie Pie said. “The book is closing.”

“Yes, Darling. But we all know what happens after it does,” Rarity said. “I mean it is SO obvious.”

“Ya got that right Rarity,” Applejack said.

“What are you all talking about?” Twilight asked.

They all looked at her with their bag covered eyes. She was an alicorn, and alicorns were immortal or at least longer lived than most ponies… or so everyone thought.

“We’re all going to die someday soon Twilight. You’re going to outlive us. Come on egghead, you had to be smart enough to figure that out. We’re all older than you physically, we got bags under our eyes. Hay, Rarity even has that gray strand of hair!”

“Hey!” Rarity exclaimed.

Twilight was silent for a moment, stunned.

“Oh don’t be sad darling!” Rarity told her. “We can still be reunited someday. You might live longer, but that doesn’t mean we’ll separated forever. You could be killed… or die of old age in some thousand years… depending on which version the fans see as true. And you can always make new friends until that time comes. If it ever does.”

Fluttershy nodded. “Yes, it will be sad. But it doesn’t have to be all that bad. Life is what you make it after all.”

Twilight suddenly clenched her teeth. “You IDIOTS!”

Her shout caused all her friends to jump.

“You think I’m going to outlive you!” Twilight screamed. “Do you not see the loopholes here?”

“Loopholes? What loopholes?” Spike asked.

“I don’t see any holes whatsoever,” Rarity said. “This is a perfect tragic ending.”

Twilight growled. “You want our story to end tragically? Arr! Do you not see that this ending is basically repeating the beginning of the story? I send a student of my own to Ponyville to study the magic of Friendship just like Celestia did for me in the very first episode? I’m preparing Luster to be my successor just like Celestia was doing for me the whole time! It was promised that I would not outlive you all!”

“But… darling that was said years ago. Times change,” Rarity said.

“Only if you believe it!” Twilight snapped.

“The evidence is here Twilight, look at yourself! Besides Megan McCarthy has been off the show for a while now!” Rainbow said.

“Did you all forget that there were these?” Twilight screamed lighting up her horn and firing a spell at Rainbow Dash.

The Pegasus cringed in fright as the spell hit her, but it wasn’t harmful. Instead of blasting her back it suddenly turned her into a baby.

“Age spells!” Twilight said, her eyes growing wide and crazy as she grinned. “With these I could easily keep you all younger so that you live as long as I do, whether I’m immortal or not.”

“Uh-oh, return of Twiley-nanas.” Pinkie said.

Twilight looked at Applejack. “So you want me to outlive all of you huh? Well, how about I make you live to watch all your loved ones pass on instead like Applebloom. I’ll keep you a baby until she dies of old age.”

Applejack shivered at the thought. If she were turned into a baby right, she probably would barely register what was going on around her. It would be like taking a nap. But if she woke up and found her little sister gone, that would be a nightmare.

“Well, feel the curse of eternal youth!” Twilight said as she sent another age spell at Applejack.

The middle aged cowgirl pony was suddenly much smaller. Not a baby like her lover, but a younger filly. She looked at her smaller hoof.

“Run for your not eternal life!” Pinkie Pie screamed.

The party going pony began to bounce away. Twilight teleported in front of her before she could pull off any cartoon puns and blocked her way before making her a filly as well.

“Three down, two to go!” she said.

“Um… please don’t do this Twilight,” Fluttershy said. “It would really make the fans of you outliving your friends mad!”

“I don’t need those kinds of fans! They’re all cruel!” Twilight said.

She turned Fluttershy into a younger form, but not of a filly or foal, but that of the age when they’d first met.

Now only Rarity remained.

“Darling, please calm down!” Rarity said before looking at Spike. “Stop her Spikey Wikey!”

The green dragon shook his head. “Stop her? And let the mare I love die someday?”

“It’s how things are supposed to be!” Rarity argued.

“Not if I have anything to say about it, I’m not losing my friends!” Twilight said still grinning wildly. “I want my friends, I need them! f I had to choose between you and immortality I’d choose all of you! But if I can have both it will be absolutely great!”

And she hit Rarity with an age spell, turning her into a baby as well. Twilight then looked at Spike.

“Well you better get ready to raise your wife Spike!”

Reluctantly he picked up the little foal gently as she began crying. Fluttershy took the baby Rainbow Dash on her bac.

“Now, I can make sure all of you live as long as I do!” Twilight said. “I will not outlive you, but you will outlive your family!”

“How could you do something so cruel to us, Twilight?” Applejack asked.

“How could you think I want to outlive all of you?” Twilight asked in return. “I mean I could probably cope with it, but immortality is only a blessing if you have the ones you love by your side. Celestia has Luna so it didn’t bother her as much. The sun and moon belong together just like we do as the elements of harmony, we’re a package deal whether we like it or not!”

She then turned to the screen. “Would you like it if you had to watch everyone you loved die first?”

Author's Note:

Well, I've done a story where Twilight outlives her friends but is reunited with them after living thousands of years, one where she gives up her immortality to be with them, so I thought I might as well do the last option where she does something to make them live longer have a little fun with it.

Comments ( 34 )

This is less dark comedy and more... coping? Salt?

Intense and funny at the same time. Love it.

Liked/fav'd.

once again twilight making complete sense, just sad she couldn't get the seventh element -starlight- in her group of immortal forever friends.

I do not like this at all

10040430
Why not? I don’t see anything wrong with this fic.

I thought it was funny

10040380
Now I want pretzels. Yum.

Hey, I'm suprised this was never a option given to the girls in the last episode.

Well if we are going full metafictional here Pinkie Pie just has to point out "Were fictional characters we only die when humans forget about us!"

10040445
Well maybe I'm being a bit hostile toward those that want Twilight to outlive her friends.

10040521
They left it open for all sides I guess. Made the other girls look older so that people who wanted Twilight to outlive her friends could have that ending. But there is still the possibility of age spells and such, and my personal take on the finale with the student who was a lot like Twilight was Twilight was seeking a successor of her own so she can give up the power keeping her young.

10040547
Except you forget it took Celestia centuries to find a successor, plus it was destined according to the Tree of Harmony.

Luster won't be taking over from Twilight.

10040543
I don’t see it as hostile tbh.

10040597
According to the tree of harmony? Where does it say that? And you have no proof to go against my theory. It was left open for all sides, what else would be the purpose of introducing Luster?

10040521
Wasn't the story they wanted to tell.

10040597
I mean the series is over and they told us to go hog wild, so why not?

Strictly going by the synopsis, I'm a little surprised this story isn't rated M.

10040661
Well if you think it should be.

Hey congrats on getting featured!!

10040661

Maybe by the synopsis, but not by the actual story, I don't think.

"T" rated, sure, but not sure about "M" rated.

10040608
A Student for Twilight to set on the same course. The Heroe sending there protege out on the quest. The Neverending Story.

10040547
More like Twilight is following in her teacher's footsteps and taking students of her own. And Celestia had students before Twilight. But the important part is something people miss. That Twilight still has her friends after many years. Who still is friends with those they grew up with? Almost think the writers were channelling Stand by Me.

10041474
Well believe what you want. I'm gonna stick with shes grooming Luster to be her Successor like in my headcanon story.

10041508
Hey! Nothing wrong with that. I fully believe there story isnt over and the girls will get that Rainbow Power again which will make them young again myself. I have a hard time believing being linked to the Elements wont give them some kind of benefit.

10041511
Yeah that would be nice too. I'd be good with that. I have thought about doing another fic on that.

10041535

I wouldn't mind a story where the whole mane 6 and Spike gained extended life like Twilight (but not necessarily immortality) though an effect the Elements had on them. Even though the Elements are gone.

Assuming they all agree of course: otherwise it enters the territory of what Starlight did in the season 5 premier and effectively makes Twilight a villain,

Then again, that in itself could also make a good story where Twilight goes crazy and tries to make others immortal (assuming she is) like her. But it just wouldn't be played more for laughs like this story is.

10041700
Yeah, I have one started. Might come out in a few days. Miller said that her friends were exposed to a lot of magic so who knows its affected them. He also said that Celestia and Luna gave twilight their power over the sun and moon. I used both of those in my other story where she passes on. I find the one with the one with the magic a little sketchy since he was asked why her friends were aging while she wasnt. If it were the magic affecting their age they wouldn't look as old the other ponies, unless he meant that it could affect them in the future?

Either way, the writers obviously left it open for all sides. Made the rest of them look older so those that wanted Twilight to outlive her friends could have that ending, and left the rest of us loopholes like the magic affecting them or Luster being Twilights Successor.

10041700
Also the Tree of Harmony (now a treehouse) could intervene in their behalf.

10040402
Age spells can be cast by 'the highest level unicorns'. Starlight can make herself immortal.

10047063
I thought those were temporary or had some side-effect that made them not worth it due to not being powered by alicorns.

The show never really got into details about those kind of spells.

She then turned to the screen. “Would you like it if you had to watch everyone you loved die first?”

Simple answer : heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeck nah fam

10073415
Yeah I wouldn't want it either. Life of immortality is just sad unless you have your loved ones with you.

10149499
Yeah, and then they get a shortage of food and end up killing each other due to overpopulation.

Login or register to comment