• Published 29th Dec 2019
  • 2,671 Views, 30 Comments

I Don't Wanna Live Forever - Twilight Star



It has been several years since Twilight ascended the throne. Celestia and Luna decide to visit Twilight to see how things are. Things don't go as they expected.

  • ...
14
 30
 2,671

The Reunion

After the coronation, Twilight approached Luster who was with her friends to say goodbye to them, while the former royal sisters and the royal advisor only watched from a distance with smiles. “Luster, thank you so much for taking my place on the throne. I’m sure you will play a great role as the new ruler of Equestria. ”

“You’re welcome, Twilight. But that was thanks to you, who helped me to see that I will not be alone during my reign,” said Luster with a smile. “I hope you are happy now that you are retired and that you will see your deceased friends.”

“I will be, Luster. And again, thank you very much.” Twilight gave a farewell hug, now to the Equestria ruler. Luster returned a hug. They both smiled as tears came out of her eyes.

When they left the embrace, Twilight approached the royal ex-sisters and her royal advisor and flew off while Luster watched the former ruler of Equestria leave.

“Twilight.” Celestia started.

Twilight looked at Celestia. “Yes?”

“Do you know where Discord is living now?” asked Celestia.

“Well, he and Fluttershy were living in the Chaos dimension, but after Fluttershy’s death, I don’t even know if he still lives there, since I spent most of the days in my castle room crying,” Twilight replied uncertainly.

“Maybe, when we get there, we should knock on the cottage door.” Lunar suggested.

Twilight looked at Luna with a smile. “It’s a good idea, Luna. Since Fluttershy is no longer alive, it is very likely that Discord is looking after her home now.”

After a hour of flying, the three former princesses of Equestria posed next to Fluttershy’s cottage door. Twilight knocked on the door with a hoof, and waited for Discord to open. Until she heard footsteps and the door opened, revealing Discord.

“Hi Twilight! Hi, Spike! Hi, Celestia! Hi, Luna!” Discord greeted the four. “What brings you here to Fluttershy’s cottage?”

“We came here to ask a favor.” Twilight started.

Discord raised a confused eyebrow. “Favor? But what favor do you want me to do?”

“I would like you to take away my immortality so that i can die and go to heaven to see my deceased friends.” Twilight explained to Discord.

“What? But you are now ruling Equestria, Twilight,” said Discord, now confused.

“I retired Discord, who is now governing Equestria is my former student Luster Dawn.”

Discord cannot believe what he heard. “Wait! Wait! Did you retire?”

“Yes, Discord.”

“But you shouldn’t be retiring! The test I did to you was to test whether you would be a good ruler for Equestria, and now you tell me that you have retired?” asked Discord, not at all happy.

“Discord, I needed to do this,” tears started to come out of Twilight’s eyes. “My best friends died years ago, I couldn’t feel anything but depression because of them deaths. All I want to do now is to die and meet my deceased friends in heaven.”

Discord’s bad mood continued. “But Twilight, when you became ruler of Equestria, you should have known this was going to happen.”

“Yes I know. But the truth is, I don’t want to be immortal, nor Spike, nor the ex-royal sisters.” Twilight explained, now wiping tears with a hoof.

Discord looked at Spike and the ex-royal sisters, now surprised by what Twilight say. “Wait. It’s that true?”

“Yes, Discord, as much as we both retired, we would like to die together with Twilight so that we can see our subjects from the past,” Celestia replied.

“And me to see Rarity and my other friends,” Spike replied.

Discord was speechless with what the three said to him, he did not imagine that they wanted to also wanted to take away immortality.

“So, Discord? Can you do this for us?” Twilight asked, now smiling hoppefully.

Discord blew out a breath as he looked to the left. “Well, I’m not going to deny that you all have no good reason to come to me and ask to be mortal, since I feel the same way.”

Twilight was surprised by what Discord said. “Do you feel the same as we do?”

Discord looked at Twilight sadly. “Yes, Twilight. Since the death of my dear Fluttershy, I too have been depressed just like you. I just didn’t take my immortality before, because I thought it would never be possible with a being that lives for more years than a pony.”

“Actually, maybe it is possible, Discord,” said Twilight. “I believe that beings who live longer can shorten the life span of those who live longer than a pony and take away the immortality of those who live forever.”

“How are you sure about that?” asked Discord, now confused.

“I read in a book and talked about it, less about shortening the life span of those who live longer,” Twilight replied.

“Do you believe that I can shorten the lives of those who live the longest?”

“Of course, it makes perfect sense!”

“Well, you’re right, I can really get immortality out of those who live forever and shorten the life span of those who live longer,” said Discord.

“So, can you do this for us?” asked Spike, now excited and happy, knowing he was going to see Rarity again.

“Yes I can. But before I do that, I would like to go with you all too.”

They were surprised by this revelation. “Do you want to die with us?”

Discord nodded in agreement. “Yes, Twilight, because I miss Fluttershy very much and I really want to see her again in heaven.”

“Well, then come on then,” said Twilight, now excited.

“It’s now or never!” Discord snapped his fingers.

Twilight’s size decreased to the same as she had when she was just an little alicorn and her mane was no longer ethereal and was in some white parts and the colors pink and purple were light; the same was for Celestia and Luna, they decreased in size and they no longer had eternal manes and were now white; Spike was at size of a baby dragon again, but he was old; and Discord’s colors were lighter.

When they looked around, they noticed that they were already in heaven. Twilight couldn’t help, but smile. She did it!

“Twilight!”

Twilight’s ears cheered when she heard the voice, she recognized that voice very well. She looked away and saw her friends approaching her with smiles.

“Girls!!” Twilight ran to the five mares and hugged them with her hooves. “I missed you all so much!”

“So do we, Twilight,” said the Twilight’s friends. Spike approached the hug, and watched his friends with a smile. But his eyes were locked on Rarity, now knowing they were together again.

“Fluttershy!”

Fluttershy’s ears perked up when she heard a recognized voice. She left the hug, looked where she heard the voice and saw Discord running up to her with a smile.

“Discord!” shouted Fluttershy in a cheerful tone and ran to him.

Discord picked up Fluttershy and spun around before hugging her. “I missed you so much, my dear Fluttershy.”

“Me too, Discord,” said Fluttershy as she blushed and smiled.

The ex royal sisters only watched Twilight and Spike reunion with their friends and Discord met Fluttershy with smiles. In the end, it was worth it that they gave up on taking off their retirement and their immortality. Now, they were together as sisters and also with their ex-subjects here in heaven. They never imagined that their future would be like this. But deep down, they were happy with they future, because after all, who said that the future is always a bad thing?

Comments ( 7 )

The last chapter felt terribly rushed. Needs work.

I was wondering... how is Luster gonna break her immortality if she wants to here? With Discord gone here we dont know a way.

Oh boy, a mass suicide party. Twilight there is no other side.

10902320
Are you saying Twilight didnt care for her friends?

10527555
No proof there is no afterlife. I feel like my dead mother talks to me sometimes so I think there could be.

10903454
I'm bored, entertain me, my personal joke

Login or register to comment