• Published 29th Dec 2019
  • 2,671 Views, 30 Comments

I Don't Wanna Live Forever - Twilight Star



It has been several years since Twilight ascended the throne. Celestia and Luna decide to visit Twilight to see how things are. Things don't go as they expected.

  • ...
14
 30
 2,671

A way to take away immortality Part 1 (Edited)

The room the three alicorns were in was silent. While Celestia and Luna were shocked, Twilight was looking sadly at her bed cover.

Celestia decided to speak to be sure. “Do you want to get rid of your immortality and die to be with your friends in the heaven?”

Twilight Sparkle continued to look down. “Yes, Celestia.”

“Twilight, do you plan to retire now?” asked Luna.

“As much as I want now, I can’t. I need to look in the library for a spell that will get me rid of my immortality, and then warn Luster Dawn that I will retire, make her coronation and then she will rule Equestria in my place.”

“I understand, Twilight,” said Celestia with a smile. “Would you like us to help you with this?”

Twilight managed to smile, despite everything she was going through. “Yes, Celestia.”

Twilight Sparkle got out of bed and headed for the door. As they left the room, Celestia and Luna looked and loved the new decoration of the castle. They wondered if it was Rarity who came up with the decor or if Twilight herself decorated it.

Spike saw Twilight with Celestia and Luna and went until three. “Twilight! Are you feeling better?”

“I still feel a little sad, Spike,” replied Twilight Sparkle.

“Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?” asked Spike, now with both paws together, as if he was begging.

Twilight Sparkle thought before answering. “No, Spike. But thanks.”

Spike saw Twilight Sparkle walk again. “Where are you going with Celestia and Luna?”

Twilight looked at Spike. “We’re going to the library, Spike.”

“Will you read with them?” asked Spike.

“Technically, yes.”

Spike smiled. “Well, I hope you three have fun.”

Twilight Sparkle watched Spike walk into the throne room before walking again. Celestia and Luna did the same


Arriving at the library, Twilight, Celestia, and Luna began picking up three books and taking them to a table to start reading about a spell. Twilight Sparkle started reading, hoping to find a spell at first. What Twilight didn’t know was that Celestia and Luna looked still looked a little shocked by what Twilight told them earlier.


After five hours, The Three Mares couldn’t find any book that talked about an spell to take away immortality. The only thing she found was that some creatures that had powers could take away the immortality of alicorns and immortal creatures. Twilight Sparkle was about to talk to Celestia and Luna about what she thought. But a voice interrupted her.

“Princess Twilight! Dinner is ready!”

Twilight Sparkle looked back and saw Gallus. “Thank you, Gallus. I’m already going. You can return to your post.”

Gallus bowed before leaving. Luna and Celestia were surprised. They never imagined that a Griffon would be a royal guard.

Twilight Sparkle looked back. “Well, let’s go.”

Celestia and Luna began to walk as Twilight led the way to the dining room. The two former princesses of Equestria looked at each other worriedly.

“Sister, is it wrong that I don’t want Twilight to die?” whispered Luna.

Celestia wasn’t sure. Because she felt the same as Luna.

“I don’t know, Luna,” Celestia whispered back.

Twilight Sparkle opened a door and looked back. “We have arrived.”

Celestia and Luna looked back at Twilight Sparkle and entered the room. The dining room hasn’t changed so much. The only thing that changed was the color of the tablecloth and the wall.

Twilight Sparkle sat in the middle and Celestia and Luna sat between the ruler of Equestria. Celestia and Luna realized that Twilight Sparkle wasn’t eating, just watching the food with a sad look. They were both worried. Did Twilight Sparkle fall into depression over the death of her friends?

“Twilight, aren’t you going to eat?” asked Celestia worriedly.

Twilight Sparkle looked at Celestia. “I’m not hungry.”

Luna didn’t want to ask that, but she was worried about her friend. “Twilight, did you fall into depression over your friends’s deaths?”

Twilight looked at the table and let out a breath. Tears started to come out of her eyes. “It seems so.”

Celestia and Luna looked at each other worriedly. They knew that Twilight Sparkle was attached to their friends, but they never imagined that lavender alicorn would be depressed by the loss of their friends.

“Is there anything we can do to make you happy, Twilight?” asked Celestia, now sad.

Twilight Sparkle put her head and both hooves on the table. “Well, I’ll go look for the spell tomorrow in my old castle and the Ponyville libraries. If I don’t find it, I don’t know who can help me.”

“Would you like us to help you, Twilight?” asked Luna.

“Of course, Luna,” Twilight replied with a small smile. “Working together will be much faster.”


After the three had finished eating, Celestia and Luna watched Twilight leave the room sadly. When Twilight Sparkle closed the door, Luna looked at Celestia.

“Sister, what will we do?” asked Luna.

Celestia looked at Luna. “I don’t know, Luna. But I think we should help Twilight to not be so sad. ”

“Will you two eat more?”

Celestia and Luna looked left and saw a cook pony. They both realized that it wasn’t the same cook who made the food for them.

“No. We’ll be leaving the room,” replied Celestia.

The cook left the room and went back into the kitchen.

Celestia and Luna stood up. They intended to spend time with Twilight Sparkle. The two would try to make Twilight a little happy.


Twilight Sparkle was outside the castle and was walking in the garden. She intended to visit her friends’s grave. The thought of her outliving without her friends made her cry. She started to cry. But she cried even more when she reached the tomb of the five mares. She lay down and began to cry a lot.

“Girls, I’m so sorry,” said Twilight Sparkle. “I didn’t realize before that I was going to be immortal and now I’m alone. Without friends.”

What Twilight Sparkle didn’t realize was that Celestia and Luna were coming to her. But they stopped when they saw Twilight crying near the five graves. They looked sad at Twilight Sparkle.