• Published 29th Dec 2019
  • 2,671 Views, 30 Comments

I Don't Wanna Live Forever - Twilight Star



It has been several years since Twilight ascended the throne. Celestia and Luna decide to visit Twilight to see how things are. Things don't go as they expected.

  • ...
14
 30
 2,671

A way to take away immortality Part 2

When morning came, Celestia and Luna got up from their beds to have breakfast. They wondered if Twilight was feeling a little better. Celestia and Luna left the room and were about to head to the dining room for breakfast, but when they heard Twilight cry, they went to the door that saw the sound.

Celestia knocked on the door. “Twilight? You are crying?”

“Please, Celestia. Leave me alone ...” Twilight Sparkle tried to say it in a not so sad way, but it failed.

“Twilight, let us in. We want to help you feel better,” said Luna.

“Luna, I want to be alone. Please...”

Celestia and Luna looked at each other before looking back at the door. “OK. We will respect you. But did you at least lower the moon and raise the sun?”

There was a silence.

“No ...” said Twilight Sparkle, now crying even more.

Celestia and Luna were concerned about the answer.

“Twilight, you need to lower the moon,” said Celestia, “and raise the sun.”

“I know, Celestia. But how can I do this if my sadness is much greater? Without my friends by my side, I feel like I shouldn’t be doing anything else,” said Twilight Sparkle.

Celestia and Luna couldn’t deny that Twilight Sparkle really went into depression. Twilight refused to do real duties.

“Twilight, you didn’t forget what we were going to do today, right?”

“No. We were going to the libraries in Ponyville and my old castle to look for a book that talked about how to get my immortality out.”

There was a silence again. Celestia and Luna wondered if Twilight would leave the room. And what they thought, happened. Twilight Sparkle opened the door, but she didn’t smile. Celestia missed when Twilight Sparkle was as happy as before.

“I just lowered the moon,” said Twilight Sparkle, “and raised the sun.”

Twilight Sparkle started walking. She was looking down. Twilight felt more tears in her eyes.


When they arrived at the dining room, the food was already on the table. Twilight Sparkle, like yesterday, didn’t eat, just watched the food sadly, the lavender alicorn felt more tears and put her head on the plate, not caring if her mane got dirty with food.


When Celestia and Luna finished eating, they saw that Twilight still had its head on the plate.

“Twilight.” began Celestia.

Twilight Sparkle looked at Celestia.

“We are both done eating. Won’t you eat?” asked Celestia.

Twilight Sparkle looked at the plate again. “No, Celestia. I’m not hungry.”

“Well, are we going to Ponyville?”

“Yes, Celestia.” Twilight Sparkle used a spell to make the food in her mane disappear.


Twilight, Celestia and Luna decided to fly to Ponyville. Twilight was still sad. Celestia and Luna wanted to do something to make Twilight feel better.

“Twilight, how was your days as a ruler before your friends passed away?” Celestia hoped that Twilight wouldn’t be sadder.

Twilight Sparkle looked at Celestia, she managed to smile a little. “It was one of the happiest moments. They helped me a lot.”

Twilight’s smile fell. “But when they got old, I realized that their time was coming and that I was going to outlive them.”

Twilight Sparkle started to cry. “If I had managed to get my immortality out earlier, I would have died with them and wouldn't be suffering from depression...”

“Twilight, don’t blame yourself,” said Celestia.

“I’m sorry, Celestia. But it’s as if since becoming alicorn, fate has forced me to live without my friends,” said Twilight Sparkle. “I never asked for it, and yet...”

Twilight Sparkle, Celestia and Luna landed on the streets of Ponyville.

Celestia looked at Twilight Sparkle. “Where are we going first, Twilight?”

“Let’s go to the Ponyville library first,” replied Twilight, still had tears in her eyes, “and then in my old castle.”

As Twilight Sparkle, Luna and Celestia walked the streets of Ponyville, Celestia and Luna began to reflect on what they thought about what Twilight said to them. Why weren’t they willing to accept that Twilight wanted to die? Is it because they liked Twilight to the point of not wanting her to die? Or is it because maybe they don’t want to be alone without their friend in Equestria?

“We’re here.” Twilight Sparkle pointed to a library.

When the three alicorns entered the library, each was looking for a book of spells on taking immortality. Celestia and Luna searched together as a pair while Twilight Sparkle searched the book alone. As the royal sisters searched for the book, they began to wonder if they should let Twilight take away their immortality or if they should die with it. Because if they died together with Twilight, they could be together with Twilight in the sky, but Celestia and Luna didn’t know if it was right to do, since many ponies and creatures could miss them. What would they do?


After hours, the three alicornios found nothing about taking immortality. Now they intended to go to the old Ponyville castle. Upon arriving at the castle, Twilight Sparkle felt like crying again because she remembered when she and her friends solved friendship problems throughout Equestria, she missed those days.

Twilight opened the castle’s entrance door with his magic. Celestia and Luna followed. As they entered the castle, they realized that Twilight started to cry again. But it looked like Twilight was crying more than before.

“Twilight, please don’t cry,” said Luna as she was sad. Seeing her best friend cry like that made her heartbroken.

Twilight Sparkle looked at Luna, still with tears in her eyes. “I’m sorry, Luna. But the castle reminds me of when my friends and I solved friendship problems all over Equestria. And when I entered my old castle again, it brought back memories…”

“Are you crying for joy?” asked Celestia with a hopeful smile. She wanted to believe that Twilight Sparkle wasn’t so sad anymore and that she was already getting a little happier.

Twilight Sparkle looked at Celestia, more tears came out of her eyes. “No… I’m crying with sadness. Because it reminds me that my friends have passed away and are no longer with me…”

Celestia’s smile fell at the words of Twilight. She wanted there to be a way to animate Twilight without the solution being death, but knowing Twilight, she knew that Twilight wouldn’t give up, even if it would take years for her to achieve that.

Twilight opened a door and went inside. Celestia and Luna followed her. They were delighted with the library, as they were never the library in the old Twilight castle.

Twilight Sparkle looked at the two retired princesses. “We arrived at my old library.”

She flew up to a bookcase that was up there and took a book for her with her magic. Celestia and Luna, seeing this, went to a bookcase to get a book. Celestia went to the left bookcase and Luna, the right.

The three alicorns sat at a table in the library and started reading, looking for a spell to remove immortality. While Twilight seemed to be focused and focused, but Celestia and Luna couldn’t concentrate. Ever since Twilight told them about wanting to die too, they started to wonder if they should do something or if they should accept and maybe even take away their immortality too, so that they could reunite with Twilight. What would they do?


After four hours, Celestia and Luna couldn’t find anything about taking away immortality, and neither did Twilight.

“How is this possible? Why is there nothing in the books about a spell that can remove immortality from an alicorn? Did they ban it?” asked Twilight Sparkle, not understanding why.

Celestia approached Twilight Sparkle. “Twilight, maybe not in the books because maybe it’s impossible for an alicorn to take away immortality.”

Twilight Sparkle looked at Celestia, now sad. “It makes no sense. How can it not have it?”

Now, it was Luna who spoke. “Twilight, maybe it don’t have a book that talks about it because an alicorn can’t take away immortality. If it doesn’t, it may be because alicorns are immortal and there is no way an alicorn can stop being immortal.”

Twilight Sparkle wanted to agree with Luna. But that couldn’t be true, there had to be a way for her to stop being immortal. “I don’t know, Luna. I’m sure there is a way for me to get immortality out.”

“But Twilight, we already searched the Ponyville libraries, the Ponyville castle and the Canterlot castle and haven’t found anything so far,” said Celestia.

Twilight looked at Celestia with a sad look and sighed. Celestia had a good point. They had been researching books for two days, and so far they haven’t found anything, maybe she better give up.

But Twilight’s sad look changed to surprise when he remembered something. Celestia and Luna were confused. “Twilight? Are you okay?”

Twilight Sparkle looked at Celestia and Luna. “Yes. I just remembered something it was written in a book.”

“And what was it?” asked Luna, curious.

“When we were in the Canterlot castle library, I remember reading about the fact that the only thing that immortality was taken away from was some creatures that had powers, they could take the immortality out of alicorns and immortal creatures,” replied Twilight Sparkle with a smile. “And do you two know who is a creature with powers who was a friend of my friends?”

“Discord?” replied Celestia, afraid that this was the correct answer. She was hoping it wasn’t that, but unfortunately…

“That’s right, Celestia. Aren’t you happy? I will be able to get together with my friends!” said Twilight Sparkle with a smile.

Celestia and Luna didn’t answer. Twilight’s smile fell. “Celestia? Luna? Aren’t you happy with that?”

Celestia looked at Twilight Sparkle. “Twilight, inside we are happy, yes. But on the outside we are sad.”

“But why are you two sad? Don’t you two want me to get together with my friends?” asked Twilight Sparkle as she was confused.

“Twilight, we want you to get together with your friends, yes. But at the same time, we don’t want you to die,” replied Luna.

“But why?”

“Twilight. My sister and me are immortal too,” replied Luna. “You’re one of our last friends left in Equestria, if you die too, we will miss you and be alone forever.”

Twilight Sparkle was surprised by what Luna said. She never imagined she was special for former princesses. I mean, she knew it was. Because she was a student of Celestia and Luna’s first friend, but she didn’t know she was that special for the two former princesses.

“Don’t you two want me to die because I’m the last of your two friends left in Equestria and also because you don’t want to be alone without me?” asked Twilight Sparkle carefully as she lifts a hoof.

Celestia and Luna looked at each other and looked back at Twilight Sparkle. “Yes, Twilight.”

“But, Celestia, Luna. I understand why you two don’t want me to die and take away my immortality, but I want to do that to be reunited with my deceased best friends,” said Twilight Sparkle.

“Twilight, please, don’t do this. We will miss you,” said Luna, with tears in her eyes.

Twilight Sparkle didn’t know what to do. She wanted to take away her immortality, but it looked like the ex-princesses didn’t want Twilight to die. What was she going to do? She wanted to take away her immortality. But Celestia and Luna were not letting her go. What was she going to do?