• Published 1st Jun 2019
  • 1,608 Views, 86 Comments

If You Tell... - WhispersInTheDark



Sweetie Belle has a secret. One she has to keep, or else.

  • ...
14
 86
 1,608
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 42 )

It was at that point his wife, a very short mare, stood up in the gallery and said, "No. He doesn't." She then turned and left. He never saw her or his children again.

This is such a fucking great line.

9685021
But I got to feel bad for the poor wife. Well, if she's truly an innocent victim, that is.

9685088
She most likely is, just going off how she's presented.

9685096
I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised, if she married a nasty person because she's a nasty person herself. But she didn't realize just how nasty Rule was. Or something.

9685088
9685096
9685105

I guess I'd better chime in here.

HIs wife suspected something was wrong with her husband but had no clue how depraved he was. As much of a pervert as he was, he'd never touched his own children, so she had no other reason to suspect him. And since his other victims never said anything (out of fear, as he'd made the same threats to them as to Sweetie Belle) all that knew him thought him to be an upstanding citizen.

That's how it usually works with sexual predators: their families are the most surprised when their crimes are made known. These kinds of people are very good at hiding their dark sides.

If the story had been longer, I would have explored these themes, but I went with what I knew to be the actual events.

9685729
I think you did a good job showing that with what was presented in this final chapter. She renounced him and showed shock, and nothing even implied any abuse towards the foals, which as you pointed out does have a parallel to many real-life cases.

I hope to see more of these serious topic stories from you in the future, too!

After thinking about it for a bit, here's what I'm thinking society should do with Rule (assuming we don't give him the death penalty):

One: He should be castrated. He is unwilling, or unable, to control his sexual impulses. Those impulses should be removed.

Two: He should be put to work. He's a math tutor. I bet there are quite a few adults in, whatever city his prison's in, who could use better math skills.

Thank you for writing this story. I am sure it wasn't easy, but thank you.

9685866
As to 1... there's really very little evidence that it helps. As noted, it isn't about the sex, it's about power and control, and that's not an urge found in the balls. It doesn't prevent the harm either, just forcing them to get more creative.

As for 2... prisons usually do, though the problem would be his security in this case - second lowest on the list of scum, after all.

9686009
#1: I'll partly agree, I doubt castrating Rule would truly reform him. The problem isn't that he has sexual urges (everyone does). The problem is: He expresses those sexual urges by brutality raping children.

So he'll still be a bad person. But we castrate male cats and dogs for a reason! And that reason is not to prevent breeding (we spay females for that), the reason is to alter the behavior of the males.

#2: If prisons really wanted to be secure, I think they'd be secure.

A great ending. And a well deserved fate for that bastard. His wife and kids leaving him, being sent to prison, and him begging for his life before that cellmate of his killed him. I loved that part, because he got to know and experience what the fear, pain, and suffering was like for his victims (including Sweetie Belle) before he died and left the living world on his way to hell. He obviously had no remorse for what he did to his victims, so it was a well deserved fate for him.

This was a good read. Well done.

9686037
Murder is still wrong and I pity that stallion. I wish he has a better end.

9690101
No no no killing is right. To take the life of a human.. GOD its ,its like magic . If you eat your kill your are granted Godhood. Just the heart. I mean....................................................Hahahahahahahahahahahhhhhahahahahahahahahahah.................

9685869
In a way, it's kind of a release writing this all down. I long for revenge against those two monsters, but I'm encouraged by my loved one's attitude, in that she doesn't allow it to rule her life.

When she told me, it was over a time she'd come to visit me over the Christmas holidays. It rocked me to my core, so much so I had to check myself into the mental ward for a week after she returned to California. My right jaw still clicks sometimes, because when she told me I clenched my jaw so hard it almost dislocated.

Someday, somehow, I will find them. Whether I'll leave their fate to the authorities, or take the law into my own hands, I can't honestly say.

But thank you again for your encouraging words. Writing this still affected me, so that's why it took me so long to respond.

9865434
You're most welcome! Thanks for replying. That's totally understandable. I don't know your friend, but I already have nothing but respect and admiration for her. I wish the best for both of you.

Wow. I never realized how underrated this story is! I hope this gets recognition it deserves.

10075112
Thank you for that. It was painful to relive these memories, but cathartic to write.

10078387
Yeah.. I feel bad that you had to relive those memories. But it did turn into a great story.

10176142
People attracted to children, and think it’s okay.



It’s not.

10176171
MAPs

I did some digging on my own and found this article. This becomes one more reason to write stories like mine.

10176617
"MAP" is worse then just a euphemism for pedophilia. A common defense of pedophilia, is to set the bar for pedophilia so low that everyone's a pedophile. Two examples: If an 18-year-old has sex with a 17-year-old, he's a pedophile. If a man merely finds a young woman attractive, and it turns out that she's under 18, he's a pedophile.

You see the problem there? When the bar for pedophilia is set that low, when everyone is a "pedophile": "Pedophilia" isn't wrong. "Pedophilia" is no big deal. That gives actual pedophiles a shield to hide behind!

This "MAP" term is another form of that: Everyone is a technically a "minor attracted person", simply because people don't suddenly become sexually attractive upon hitting their 18th birthdays. So when pedophiles call themselves "MAPs", they are implying that you and I are pedophiles. They are using us as human shields, to justify pedophilia.

This story got to me. It got to me in a way no story ever has on this site.

I was molested when I was five. I don't have any real memory of it, but I have a strong hatred for child molestors. I'm sorry your friend had to suffer through this trauma as well.

Thank you for writing this. More writers need to tackle plots on this level I feel, with the grace and realness that you did here.

10270139
You're quite welcome, and I'm sorry you went through that. I myself was molested at 11, so it's more common than most care to admit.

I don't think we ever get over these things (not in this life, anyway), but by talking about them to a professional (be it priest, pastor, or therapist) we can find a way to live with the trauma.

10270735
To Whispers: I'm sorry to hear that. Thanks for taking a stand. As I said, I know more then my fair share of people who have been abused.

9655169 9655382 9655808 9660177 9660444 9664546 9665854 9668174 9668405 9670487 9672777 9686009 10078509 10133827 10176074 10270090 10316102 10335537
To all of you: Pedophilic erotica (aka "foalcon") is very common on this site, and people here just see it as normal and acceptable. I'm asking you to stand against pedophilia, like Whispers did. Speak up. If you see someone defending it: Point out how horribly wrong he is. If you're part of a group that allows it, make a thread about how messed up that is. Point out how messed up pedophilia (and pedophilic erotica) is, and how low this site and this fandom are for tolerating it.

Most MLP fans do not support pedophilia! But the minority who do has dominated the culture on this site. And they've been able to get away with that, because the majority who hates pedophilia remain silent. So we must not remain silent! All that is necessary for for evil to win, is for good men to do nothing.

Good story, I liked how he got what he deserved at the end.

At least this isn't tagged with Sex, so I don't have to worry about this being story of sexual abuse, right?

10792800
Yeah. I noticed. Might want to add that tag.

10792805
The NonCon tag works just as well.

Fuck, this is a dark one. I've written a lot, but you know what the most detailed violent scene I ever wrote was?

It was an RP, where Chrysalis was living at PolariSoft with Polaris, as he had volunteered to attempt to reform her, as being a dark magic user, she might be inclined to trust him. Well, another changeling showed up. Another queen, but very, very young.

And she was pregnant. At first, the RP leaned towards Chrysalis, the struggle she had between her own pride and her sense of obligation; the queen knew next to nothing about how to handle eggs and how to start a hive, what her instincts meant, how to even lay the eggs... but at some point, Chrysalis discovered that the queen had no idea that eggs needed to be... fertilized.

And so, for the first time, Chrysalis asked Saphira for help. Saphira is Poly's oldest daughter, an AI, and she can do... pretty much anything she wants through the internet. She tended to butt heads with Chryssi, but she laid down the grudge she held for the mare to ask her for help, to locate where the queen had come from.

Saphira led her to an orphanage, late at night, where one of the owners was still in his office. Chrysalis disguised as the queen's disguise, and she walked right in to see the stallion. He refused to let her into the office, so she allowed her act to slip enough, shoving herself into the room. Inside, was a sleeping filly- drugged, by the candy he gave out, including to the queen- and already... lubricated.

I'm sure you can see where this is going- Chrysalis took utmost care in placing the drugged filly in the closet, and barring the door so she wouldn't be able to see out. Then, she took great joy in revealing herself to that stallion, and then resulted the first, and so far only scene I've ever written where someone is thoroughly eviscerated. Chryssi fucked him up. I didn't type it into Discord like the rest of the RP, no. I opened motherbuckin' notepad.exe for that post, and it was... at least somewhat satisfying to write, I suppose.

That's my favorite chunk of headcanon about Chryssi- she doesn't trust anyone, she refuses to befriend other ponies, but if you fuck with a changeling queen that's too young to know any better or defend herself? Well, you simply don't, or else she will make sure that it's the last thing you ever do.

The RP kept going, the eggs were laid, the hatchlings were safe, and so on, but that scene... the moment Rarity put all of the puzzle pieces together? I felt that, just a little bit. Maybe someday I'll write some before and after and publish it as a short little story, but that's pretty dark compared to everything else I write, lol

Anyway I guess I'm gonna go to bed now... >_>

Okay, so I read it from start to finish and luckily it being only around 12k words long helped with getting through it all in a timely manner.

I’ll say that at first I was nervous. I’ve read far too many stories on this site that address CSA in such a horrific and/or disrespectful manner, and some going as far as being pornographic. I’m sure everyone has their opinions on foalcon, but personally I find it concerning if someone gets off to any depiction of children (childlike entities) in any sexual situation.

This is not that.

This is a story that very realistically addresses the horrors of abuse while showing Sweetie Belle’s constant internal battle. She blames herself like so many victims do. She questions if what happened to her is okay because she finds her tutor handsome. I loved how the ponies around her reacted. I loved when her friends came to her rescue (put the biggest smile on my face when I read that part), and I especially loved the pedophile getting his just desserts in the end.

This was a wonderful read! I feel honored to place it in my Gems folder.

11389955
And I am honored to have written a story you find worthy for that shelf!

I never know how my readers will react to this tale. While it is based on true events, I've really toned down the graphic details of the actual crimes, and for that, it seems, this story got many downvotes when I first posted it. That, and I suspect a fair number of readers came here looking for titillation and were upset that this wasn't that kind of story.

So once again, I thank you for reading. It is my purpose as a writer to evoke the emotions of my readers...from your comments I'm glad to see they were positive ones!

This is one of the few stories here that almost managed to make me cry, however I have one minor criticism:why didn't Sweetie Belle tried to speak with Princess Celestia?She could've talked with Rarity or Twilight and go to the Princess, and I bet she would've solved the problem.

11485940
I guess it wasn't clear to you that Sweetie is a child. She's just been put through something unimaginable, as well as being told by the monster who did it that he'd kill both her parents and her sister if she ever told anyone:

He put on his saddlebags and turned towards the door. "Oh, and one more thing: if you tell anyone, anyone at all, I'll kill your sister and your parents."

Where is your confusion?

11486395
I mean sure, but this is Equestria, not the real world.She is friends with the elements of Harmony(her sister is one of them), so I doubt Sweetie would be that scared a stallion could kill her parents and sister.I understand that you transformed this story based on real events to fit into MLP, but like I said, this kinda doesn't work when in this world they have magic powers and they are friends with a literal Goddess...

11486588
That actually makes sense...which is why I used the Alternate Universe tag. Otherwise, none of this works: no fanfics involving tragedy or horror could occur, because MAGIC can always be used as a deus ex machina for every situation.

And that would make for some boring reading.

11486851
The thing is that a lot of those stories have an explanation as to why a thing happened or not.Here it is never adressed why Sweetie doesn't even try to talk with Rarity, Twilight or Celestia.

11487652
YES...it IS. I have already pointed out the reason, TWICE! Sweetie. Is. A. Child! She's NOT. Thinking. STRAIGHT!

And to your point of her having powerful friends, so she should have been able to go to them for help, I am quite certain if I took the time to research I could find numerous examples of crimes against children who also had someone formidable they could have reached out to, but did not because they were too scared.

Children do not think, reason, or act like adults, especially when they've been frightened, especially when their trust in adults has been violated in the horrible way I've portrayed here.

Now, I'm done. If you're still confused after this, talk to someone else.

This story made me feel seriously uncomfortable to read. It got to me on a visceral level, which I would say is an accomplishment. I can't help but feel like people downvoted based on the tags, or being oh-so-disappointed that it wasn't fetishistic in content.

It's a really, really good look into how psychologically ruinous the act is on people, and those around them. Sweetie Belle's defensiveness, her trying her hardest to make things more bearable, Rarity's concern, being at a loss on how her behavior was off, her not eating much...

Rarity brushing off things that were off the way she did felt like it was on brand for her, and I really appreciated her reaction to finding out the truth, to have seen red.

It was nice to see Applejack offering her hoof in reaching her from a place of having been there before.

Sweetie finished her bath and slowly got out of the tub. She was still in a lot of pain, but it was now bearable. She dried off, then went to her room. Just before she got there, she heard Opal frantically meowing from Rarity's room. She went to let her out, and the cat immediately began wrapping herself around her and purring, which surprised Sweetie. The cat had always been indifferent towards her; this was the first time she'd ever seen her being affectionate.

Maybe she knew what had happened.

Sweetie picked her up and placed her on her own back, then made her way into her bedroom. The cat hopped off her back and jumped up on the bed. Sweetie stared at her, then got up and laid down. The cat snuggled herself next to her, while she stroked her fur. Soon, she fell asleep.

I really liked how Opal was there for Sweetie Belle when she needed someone, and how she attacked him. It did make me appreciate that cat more, a display of caring like in this story. One of the few light spots.

Also that asshole being dogpiled upon by her and her friends was satisfying. Fucker deserved everything he got at and after that point. Rarity would've not been in the wrong to kill him in that moment. Who would convict her, even if it were a crime? Who'd let it stand if it were?


God, that argument above is utterly... yeah.

It really isn't hard to think of multiple factors as to why Sweetie Belle didn't go to Celestia or Twilight. For one thing, it wouldn't be unlikely that she'd think she wouldn't be believed, especially considering that, even putting the AU tag aside, Sweetie Belle is never described as using her magic in this story, so that places it at a point where she hasn't started having any of her many magic lessons with Twilight that started in S4. She is not regularly spending time with her as a result, she doesn't have much of a rapport with her, and she especially can't know if she can trust her, under the extreme circumstances. She also doesn't have her cutie mark, so this places the timeline, if it is being assumed to be somewhat congruous with the canon timeline, at somewhere between S3 (Rainbow Dash being close with Scootaloo) and S4, at latest.

A huge factor, and the one that ties it all together, is that he had it going for him in terms of manipulation, her mindset.

If she's inclined to think into it, on, say, one of her nights where sleep inevitably didn't come easy, due to her perspective being warped due to her world being turned upside down from anything she'd ever known before, living in terror (plus, precocious or not, you know, as you said, child), he's a unicorn pony for whom Sweetie Belle has absolutely no insight into what he can and cannot do, so if she disobeys, he might be powerful enough to be a supervillain; he's unflinching in threatening them, after all, and letting the imagination run wild based on that (what magic does he have [especially considering how little she knows about magic; she isn't great at it yet], what terrible demises beyond comprehension might he have planned for those she loves, if she talks) is more effective than anything else he could say to elaborate.

Adults are supposed to be smart, know things, and he knew more than her, so he definitely had a plan to counter anything she could ever do, and it's all she could do if it'd keep others safe, and she'd be damned if anyone else died because of her self-perceived selfishness, have anyone else suffer for her "mistake."

Some of the most insidious manipulation is done when the victims are intentionally set up to fill in the details themselves to make it their reality, in short. There's practically no curtain to see behind if they're made to build it up themselves, from what's presented to them.

You don't have to spell out everything in the story for it to be a reasonable conclusion for some of the thought processes behind it, and it does feel kinda victim-blame-y for someone to go "why didn't they do X," which is a real occurrence with this kind of shit. Freezing up is a natural reaction to danger, on a related note to those lines of questioning that might grill the victims (also, involuntary pleasure). It is not just "fight or flight."

Also for that matter, if that was somehow too irreconcilable, there is absolutely nothing mentioning Twilight or Spike for the entire story. It could be that this is a world where, simply put, Twilight and Spike, for one reason or another, never went to Ponyville, maybe never existed, even.

This story more or less handles the subject matter how it should be portrayed. It's played dead serious, and overall has much, much higher literary value than Yet Another Foalcon Clopfic.

I hope there was some catharsis out of writing this fic.

11500827
I sincerely thank you for your words, while at the same time, I apologize for putting you through even one one hundredth of my trauma.

As I tried to explain to another commenter, several times, Sweetie is a child that has gone through one of the most horrific experiences a child could have. There is no logical thinking involved, and unfortunately, that commenter's attitude reflects the real-world opinion many have towards rape victims: "Well, why didn't you simply do x?" as if that would have prevented the assault. As I stated from the outset, while I used a fantasy setting, this story is based on actual events, so it was really hard for me to keep my cool when responding to this individual as they were showing the same callousness and lack of empathy my daughter experienced when she finally came forward as an adult and told what had happened to her. Even though she was seven years old when the rapes started, ( and they lasted for almost two years ) there were still people in her life that blamed her for what happened...one boy that she'd had a crush on all her life ( and my blood STILL boils whenever I think about this! )...that MOTHERFUCKER actually looked her right in the face and told her she was UNCLEAN. The ONLY thing good about that was she cut all ties with him afterward, which was just fine with me, as I'd never liked him anyway, even before he said that. Fucking Momma's boy.

Writing this story did indeed help a little bit, and you're also correct about the downvotes. I suspect many readers did come here expecting foalcon, and were pissed to find out otherwise, but after a few weeks, the upvotes began to outstrip the opposition, as readers of a different mindset caught wind of this story.

Thank you once again for reading, and for giving your intimate thoughts. I hope I haven't affected you too negatively, as this story came from a very dark place, but I needed to tell this tale.

God this fic is so sad… Just the fact that things like this DO happen makes it scarier than anything that could be written as fiction. And it being something that happened to your own daughter just makes me sick. Bless you and your family, dude. :heart:

11706143
I really, REALLY appreciate that!

Yes, it was hard learning from her what happened ( she told me in a restaurant during one of her Christmas visits ), so I had to check myself into a mental institution for two weeks in order to process it. Writing this story was my way of dealing with the pain...and the feelings of failure as a father. Even though I know, logically, there's nothing I could have done to prevent what happened, given the circumstances, I can't help but feel responsible...hence my near-total mental breakdown.

Here's the funny (not 'funny' ha-ha, but funny "what ELSE can you do?") part about mental trauma: you learn to live with it. This doesn't make one more special or more deserving of anything else in life...it just makes you stronger, IF you let it. Writing this story was my way of moving on, and I hope it helped others who've been through the same.

Login or register to comment