• Published 17th Feb 2019
  • 3,174 Views, 125 Comments

The New King - ShowShine



After a tragic accident happens, Spike has to be the new ruler of Equestria

  • ...
14
 125
 3,174

Fading Sunset

Spike sat on his throne, filling out some forms. Flurry Heart laid on his lap, taking a nap. Starswirl sat in Luna’s throne, reading a book. Spike put one of the forms down and looked at him.

“How about you help me out for once?” Spike asked. Starswirl looked up from his book and furrowed his brows.

“You’re the King, you can do things on your own.” Starswirl stated before going back to his book. Spike let out a soft groan.

“You know, the garden is much quieter than this noisy castle.” Spike said.

“The reason the castle is so noisy is because you keep inviting ponies to stay here. This isn’t a charity event, it’s a castle.” Starswirl spat out bitterly, not looking up from his book. Discord appeared in the room with Sombra wearing a harness with a leash attached to it. He wasn’t wearing his cape, armor, or crown anymore. He didn’t have any cutie mark. Sombra looked at Spike and let’s out a hiss, charging towards him. Discord tugged on the leash and he fell on his back.

“Let me at him, he ruined my life!” Sombra exclaimed. Discord pulled out a spray bottle from behind his back and sprayed cold water on him.

“I told you to reform him, not treat him like a cat.” Spike stated. Discord shrugged his shoulders.

“I’m reforming him the same way I got reformed. Spending time with the ones who destroyed my chance of being in charge.” Discord stated in a matter of fact tone. Starswirl closed his book and stood up from the throne.

“You know what, the reading in the garden sounds great!” Starswirl shouted angrily before leaving the room, slamming the door behind him.

“Thanks Discord, he’s been getting really annoying lately.” Spike thanked. Discord made a top hat appear on his head and tilted it before it poofed away. Sombra continued to charge at Spike, getting pulled back by the leash each time. Flurry Heart let out a yawn and opened her eyes. Her eyes widened when she saw Sombra and she put a bubble around her and Spike.

“It’s okay Flurry, he can’t hurt us, I promise.” Spike reasurred. Flurry stared at Sombra who kept trying to attack Spike but kept getting pulled back. She giggled and put the bubble down. She clapped her hooves together in excitment.

“Again!” Flurry exclaimed. Spike smiled.

“Look at that Sombra, you did your first good deed. You made a baby laugh.” Spike stated. Sombra scowled.

“I’m not good and I’ll never be good!” Sombra shouted as he continued to try to charge at Spike. He put the form next to the throne and flew over to Sombra, Flurry laying in his arms. She laughed harder as Sombra struggled.

“Stop laughing at my pain small child!” Sombra exclaimed angrily. Discord held the leash with his tail, reading a magazine. The door creaked open, revealing a grey pegasus guard.

“Your majesty, there is someone here to see you.” He said. He had a worrisome look on his face. Sunset Shimmer walked into the throne room and gave a look of surprise when she saw Spike.

“Oh Spike, have you seen Twilight or Starlight? They haven’t been answering my journal entries for the past three months so I assumed that there was another threat.” Sunset explained. Spikes scales flattened. He understood why the guard looked worried.

“I need to show you something, follow me.” Spike stated as he walked out the room, holding Flurry in his arms. Sunset gave him a confused look and followed him into the hallway.

“I should’ve told you this but I’ve beem so busy that I must have forgotten. There was an unknown villIain that turned everyone into stone.” Spike explained. Sunset let out a gasp.

“Do you have any leads on who did it?” Sunset asked. Spike shook his head and opened a door to a room. Sunset gasped at what she saw. It was statues of all of her friends standing in front of her.

“This is them.” Spike stated. Sunset let out a soft hum and inspected the statues closely. Flurry Heart let out a whimper when she saw her parents and her aunt. Spike held her closer to himself and stroked her hair.

“Wasn’t Discord turned to stone for a thousand years?” She asked. Spike let out a soft gasp, making Flurry give him a look of confusion.

“I completely forgot about that!” Spike exclaimed. He thought to himself for a few moments. “Discord could try to let them go!” He exclaimed happily. There was a flash of light, revealing Discord and Sombra.

“I heard that you called.” Discord said. Sunset took a few steps back in surprise and stared and Sombra.

“Is that King Sombra?” She asked in surprise. Sombra snarled at her.

“Bow down to me peasant.” He said with a sneer. Spike rolled his eyes as Discord pulled out a spray bottle and sprayed Sombra in the face, making him hiss. Flurry laughed loudly at that.

“Ignore him, he’s just sad that he doesn’t have any magic.” Spike explained. He turned to Discord. “Do you think you can destroy the stone and set them free?” Spike asked. Discord looked at the statues.

“I can surely try.” Discord stated. He handed Sombras leash to Sunset. “Hold on to this.” He said. Sunset grasped the leash in her magic as Sombra let out a groan. Discord rubbed his hands together and concentrated on the statues. He closed his eyes and held his hands apart. There was a bright multicolor light between his paw and claw. There was a bright light and a loud boom, making Flurry jump and whimper. Everyone closed there eyes at the bright light.

“Did it work?” Spike asked, peaking one eye open. He gasped when he saw Discord laying on the floor. He got up shakily, brushing down his ruffled fur.

“It didn’t work.” Sunset Shimmer pointed out. Spike looked at the statues to see that they were slight cracked. Sombra laughter happily.

“Good, they don’t deserve to be free.” He said. Spike walked over to Discord and patted his back.

“Are you okay?” Spike asked. Discord stood up and brushed the dirt off of his fur.

“I am absolutely fine. I’m just shocked that someone as powerful as me couldn’t crack it.” Discord said in shock. Spike put his hand on his chin.

“The Elements of Harmony was able to free Discord from stone, so maybe we can find something as power as them to let them go.” Spike stated. Sunset stepped in.

“I’ll help, I’m not going back home until we can find something.” Sunset stated. Spike smiled.

“Thank you for being such a help. Let’s go to the library and see if we can find something.” Spike said before walking out of the room. Sunset, Sombra, and Discord followed him as Flurry babbled to Spike, not really saying any words.


They entered the library, seeing rows and rows of bookshelves. Sunsets eyes widened when she saw Sunburst.

“Sunburst?” Sunset asked, making him look up at the sound of his name.

“Sunset?” Sunburst asked, adjusting his glasses. Sunset ran over to him and hugged him tightly. Sunburst hugged her back happily with a large smile on her face.

“You two know eachother?” Spike asked. They both nodded there heads.

“Sunburst is my little brother, I haven’t seen him in years!” Sunset exclaimed happily.

“I missed you so much Sunny!” Sunburst said with a grin. Spike smiled and picked up a book on magic.

“Hey Sunburst, have you seen any books on powerful magic sources?” Spike asked. Sunburst shook his head.

“Not really, why do you ask?” Sunburst asked.

“We need a something as powerful as the Elements of Harmony so we can get everyone back.” Spike explained as he picked up a book. Sunburst gave a look of surprise.

“If we all start looking, we can find something within a week.” Sunburst said. Spike smiled. This was going to be a piece of cake.

Comments ( 22 )

“If we all start looking, we can find something within a week.” Sunburst said. Spike smiled. This was going to be a piece of cake.

:ajbemused: Uh-huh. You keep telling yourself that.

9706594
A new chapter is out

9711940
Nice, and Sunset had finally appeared.

I'm surprised that she is Sunburst's sister.

I really do hope you bring everyone back.

9711973
I will towards the end of the series

Not to be that guy Sunset, but you have your own Elements. Grab your friends and try to blast their counterparts.

Doubt it would work, but it is the most obvious answer.

yay! you did Sunburst and Sunset related theory i love it please make more

please update.

9711981
Please update the next chapter, we've been waiting for too long.

9711981
So, what's the status of the next chapter?.

How come this got cancelled? I was quite enjoying this story

Why did you cancel it?! It was going good :fluttershysad:

Any chance you will continue?

Why do all the good stories get put on hiatus,never finished or get canceled this was amazing story and I would.of. love to see how it would of ended

Why did you cancel? This story is so cool.

11422106
Season 9 went in a completely different direction than I had expected. Everything I had planned no longer would have worked, so I canceled it

11422190
things don't always go the way we want, i think i shouldn't have canceled it could have followed even if an alternate universe, but anyway, thanks for replying.

11422190
It could make an alternate history, even if the series took another direction. You could do as an alternate universe.

11436904
I’m gonna be honest, I just don’t like my old writing. I prefer not to add onto my older stories and I was never a big fan of this fic to begin with

What would be changed if you rewrote it?

11580405
A lot. I'll keep the main six, and only get rid of Celestia, Luna, and Twilight. Starlight would live in the castle with Spike. I'm still on the fence about this, but I might take Starswirl out completely. And Blueblood would have a more apparent role

Login or register to comment