• Published 16th Feb 2019
  • 2,140 Views, 19 Comments

The Fall of Twilight Sparkle - Twilight Star



Luna sees how talented Twilight Sparkle is with her magic and decides to make her her student. Will Twilight Sparkle be loyal to Luna or will she become rebellious?

  • ...
4
 19
 2,140

Pride and arrogance

It’s been a few years, and Twilight Sparkle has become an adult mare. Twilight Sparkle began to be proud and arrogant because she was one of the most intelligent and good in magic in the school of gifted unicorns. Twilight Sparkle went to Luna to take her to that locked library door, “Princess, now that I’m an adult mare could you show me what’s behind the library door?”

Luna sighed. Her student was very different from what she was when a filly. Twilight Sparkle didn’t show any signs of pride or arrogance before. Luna wondered where she went wrong, but she replied her student, “follow me”

Luna started to walk to the library, her student was at her side. When they reached the library, Luna and Twilight Sparkle went to the brown door with a lock. Luna took the key from her mane. Twilight Sparkle never imagined that the key was in Luna’s mane. After Luna opened the door, Twilight Sparkle went right in, and what she saw, left her disappointed.

“A glass mirror? Really?!” exclaimed Twilight Sparkle.

Luna entered the room, “this isn’t an ordinary mirror, this mirror leads to another dimension”

Twilight Sparkle was surprised and excited about it. Imagine how much magic she could learn!

“Awesome! Can we go inside?” asked Twilight Sparkle excitedly now looking at Luna with a hopeful smile.

Luna shook her head, “i’m afraid we can’t, my student”

Twilight Sparkle was disappointed, “what? Why not?”

“Because this mirror isn’t always activated, and if you go through the mirror, i fear you will not be able to return to Equestria”, replied Luna.

Twilight Sparkle pouted, “Not for a few minutes?”

Luna shook her head, “no, my student”

Twilight Sparkle groaned in frustration. Why didn’t Luna allow her to explore the other world? Twilight Sparkle wanted to learn more about this new universe. Twilight Sparkle looked at the mirror, irritated. Suddenly, the Twilight reflection shifted to a version of her alicorn, “wow, princess, am I ever going to be a princess?”

Luna raised her eyebrow. Why did your student decide to ask that? Luna decided to look at the mirror, and saw that the Twilight reflection had a version of alicorn.

“Twilight Sparkle, you’re only going to become a princess when you’re ready”, replied Luna.

“When, Princess?” wanted to know Twilight Sparkle.

“I don’t know, Twilight,” replied Luna. “Only time will tell”

“But I’m ready, princess”, said Twilight Sparkle.

“No, Twilight,” said Luna. “You’re not ready yet”

Twilight Sparkle just looked irritated.


Twilight Sparkle was in the library looking over the mirror. She wanted to know more, she wanted to learn more. It had already been a few hours and Twilight Sparkle didn’t find any books on the mirror, “where is it?”

“Can i help you with anything, my student?” asked a voice coming from the library door.

Twilight Sparkle for the first time felt nervous, she turned her head slowly and saw Luna looking at her. Luna noticed the tension in Twilight Sparkle, “are you okay?”

Twilight Sparkle took a deep breath to calm down, “yes, princess”

Luna didn’t believe her student’s words, “i don’t think so. Is something bothering you?”

Twilight Sparkle wanted to speak the truth. But she decided not to speak, “no princess, it’s just that you scared me out”

Luna nodded, not realizing that Twilight Sparkle had been lying, “okay, my student, but know, i don’t accept dishonesty”

Twilight Sparkle nodded as she smiled innocently. Luna, then, left the library. When Luna left, Twilight Sparkle continued her search.


Twilight Sparkle had been looking for a book about the mirror for an hour, but she couldn’t find it in the library.

“I give up”, sighed Twilight Sparkle in a defeated way.

Twilight Sparkle looked at the door leading to the mirror, she noticed that the door was left open. She then noticed a door she hadn’t seen, “what door is that?”

Twilight Sparkle went to the door and saw that there was something written above, “Forbidden magic”, Twilight Sparkle got curious and opened the door.

Twilight Sparkle closed the door so that Luna wouldn’t see her, she looked and saw that she had several scrolls and books, she smiled with so much information she had in the room. The first thing she did was look for a book that spoke of the mirror. She was able to find a book, it was red. She took the book with her magic, and found the page that spoke of the mirror and began to read, ’the crystal mirror- There is a portal that leads to another world’

Twilight Sparkle closed the book angrily, “I don’t believe it! I spent hours looking for a book that spoke of the mirror and the only thing i think is a paragraph of something i already know!"

Suddenly a voice in a serious tone asked, “you shouldn’t be here, should you?”

Twilight Sparkle jumped with fright as she listened to Luna, she turned around and saw Luna staring at her seriously, “explain to me why you came into this room in the first place”

Twilight Sparkle looked at Luna, “because i want to learn more!”

“Know that you are learning, but you aren’t learning to wait, you are nothing but impatient”

“Am i to blame if you delay to teach?!” exclaimed Twilight Sparkle angrily.

“I’m not late for teaching. I’m teaching you, but you’re not being patient”, replied Luna.

“You only teach one spell a day, can’t you teach me various spells?!” exclaimed Twilight Sparkle angrily. “And how dare you hide this room of spells and the mirror room from me?!”

“You were not ready to know from the mirror, i showed you the mirror because you grew up and because you asked me about the room with padlock. Already the forbidden room, you should not even have known about the existence of this room, you disobeyed me”, said Luna still serious.

“You’re saying that because I’m not your student anymore?” asked Twilight Sparkle in a bitter manner.

“Yes, you’re no longer my student because you disobeyed me, lied to me and you are responding and speaking to me in a very rude manner,” replied Luna. “Guards!”

Two lunar guards entered where Luna and Twilight Sparkle were, “yes, your majesty?”

“Take my former student out of the castle”, said Luna still serious.

The guards nodded and walked over to Twilight Sparkle, they motioned for her to start walking. Luna seeing this, left the room.

When Twilight Sparkle and the guards left the forbidden room, Twilight Sparkle ran to the mirror room and stepped inside of the mirror. The lunar guards were surprised and went to Luna to warn her.


Luna was walking in the corridor, now with a sad expression. She didn’t want to be angry with her former student. She let out a sigh, “i’m sorry, Twilight”

Suddenly, she heard Sounds of hooves coming up to her, Luna looked back and saw her two guards coming up to her, running.

“Twilight Sparkle impressed us ...” began one of the lunar guards.

“She?” asked Luna.

“... Ran to the mirror room and entered into the mirror”, said the other lunar guard.

Luna was surprised. She certainly didn’t expect Twilight Sparkle to jump in the mirror, and now that her ex-student was in another universe, what was she supposed to do? Daybreaker’s ban would be over in a few years. She hoped Twilight Sparkle would be the pony that would save Celestia. But it seems she missed. To tell you the truth, Twilight Sparkle’s guilt to have become arrogant was hers, she shouldn't have praised Twilight Sparkle so much, this ended up feeding her former student’s ego too much. And she would then have to explain to Twilight Sparkle’s parents what had happened.

“Thank you for informing me, you can return to your posts”, said Luna.

The guards nodded before returning to their posts. When the guards left Luna’s sight, she started to walk to her room. When she reached the bedroom, Luna closed the door in the bedroom. And she began to cry. Besides she lost her sister she had lost a student.

“Twilight Sparkle, i’m sorry, if you ever come back, please forgive me”

Comments ( 7 )

Why was this updated without being told? :applejackunsure:

9586274
Look, I don't know if you read the rewritten chapter 2, but I said in chapter 2 I was going to do a rewrite of the story, but only chapter 1 was going to continue the same

9587346
You should have blog that info for those who remove this story fron their tracking list

We know what happens after this. Twilight goes into the human version of Canterlot, and causes trouble.

Twilight Sparkle - Sunset Shimmer
Princess Luna - Princess Celestia

I'am right?

Login or register to comment