• Published 10th Sep 2018
  • 8,071 Views, 99 Comments

Magical Medicine - yellowbastion



You are Anonymous and you're injured. How did it happen, who's taking care of you, and where are your pants?

  • ...
23
 99
 8,071

New Generation - Chapter 2

In the realm where imagination flourishes, reality twists and nightmares lurk, where dreams and magic intertwine, there exists a celestial being of ethereal beauty and grace. There walks a creature whose coat is as dark as the midnight sky, whose mane shimmers with the brilliance of the night sky. A powerful mare who captivates all who behold their celestial presence. A paragon of elegance and wisdom, every movement echoing the celestial dance of the stars. That beautiful and wondrous creature is you, Princess of the Moon, Luna.

As the guardian of dreams and the mistress of the night, you hold the sacred duty to ensure that the realm of slumber is a realm of tranquility. With your gentle touch, you guide the dreams of ponies, weaving tales of fantasy and adventure, and bringing solace to those who seek respite in the realm of dreams. Tonight, however, you are not but a messenger.

With barely a thought you easily found the slumbering creature. It was a simple feat as its dreams were so different from the common pony that one would have to be completely blind to be ignorant of its existence. You need not to ask the creature for permission before entering its dreams as it has been waiting for your arrival for quite some time. You boldly stepped from the dream realm into the mind of the creature.

Within the dream you discover a grassy hill, bathed in the soft glow of a calm summer day. It is a simple thing. Barely more than an elevation, with little actual texture and a warm green color. There, sitting atop the hillock, was the human named Anonymous. He may already be aware that this encounter is a shared dream, a meeting of your minds within the realm of slumber. For reasons unknown, Anonymous has always had the ability to sense your presence within his dreams. With that knowledge under your wing, and a winning smile, you approach the human.

"'Lo there, commoner. 'Tis I, champion of the dream realm and warrior of the night. No need to bow before me." you say.

The lone human was sitting atop the hill, doing little else. His legs splayed out in front of him, leaning back with his arms propping up his torso from behind. His gaze shifts from the lazaly drifting clouds to your radiant face. He sat up and gently waved his right hand in your direction.

"Hey there, big blue. What brings you to my dream?" You find his familiarity refreshing.

"I bring grand tidings, Anonymous. For you shall soon awake," you warn.

"Huh,” was his simple reply. After all this time, he is still a confounding creature of few words.

"Indeed. Much has happened as of late. Magic has returned to Equestria and many forces of power begin to stir. You have been sequestered here for many a year. I am not afraid to admit that I thought your isolation may have driven you mad. I am here to assess your situation and ease your re-assimilation into pony society if need be."

"Nah," he slowly stood up. His lumbering form was as impressive as ever. “I’m good.”

You raise a skeptical eyebrow. "Truly?" His reply had caught you by surprise. You completely expected to Star Swirl your way through a long, convoluted explanation of events to catch the human up with current times, such as you had put yourself through in the last few hours. Or, at the very least, do battle, pitting his psyche against your own. "Not even to enquire how much time has passed?"

In a few strides he was standing in front of you. "I dunno, like, a week or something? I don’t think it really matters."

Either he had a deeper wisdom than you had assumed or an ignorance far more vast that you could have ever imagined. Perhaps it would, indeed, do him no good to know that his slumber had been well over two-hundred years.

"If there is no knowledge you wish to gain, so be it."

"Well, let's go."

You shook your head. "Our power has only just returned. We cannot yet wake you from your dream Ourself and your sleeping chamber is very far from Us. Far enough that We are unable to prod you from slumber. You must wake yourself of your own volition.”

"Oh. So, I’ll just wake up on my own, then?” He stated the obvious.

You nod slightly. "Assuredly so. Perhaps, even soon.”

“Ah,” was his reply.

Anonymous isn’t some foreign dignitary whos appeasement is necessary for the betterment of Equestria. The vexing creature is little more than an acquaintance whos company you don’t immediately detest. There is no reason for you to be nervous, and yet, you are. You shift the weight of your haunches from your right hoof to your left.

“P-perhaps, while we wait, we c-could …”

“Mmm?”

Your throat involuntarily tightens. Your own mouth had betrayed you. You gently cough in an attempt to alleviate your discomfort.

“Play a game, you and I. With a wager. Like in the old times.” You remind the human.

A sly grin formed on his face. “Alright, you’re on. Same bet as last time. And I ain’t gunna go easy on ya. You know that, right?”

It pleases you that he still remembers the last time the two of you played a game together but you do not wish for it to show.

“I would hope not, you feral cad.”

You intend to let him win as you usually do but not without considerable effort on his part. In your eyes, even a victory thrown must still be earned. And you wouldn't want it any other way.

Author's Note:

And then they fplay Halo

I decided to break the story into two parts:
The first part will have Twilight and the rest of Mane 6 and stories and events involving them.
The chapters marked "New Generation" will be Sunny Starscout and friends.

Comments ( 2 )

"you've been in stasis for ... Nine nine nine nine...."

Anon has a drug induced sequel

Login or register to comment