• Published 10th Sep 2018
  • 8,059 Views, 99 Comments

Magical Medicine - yellowbastion



You are Anonymous and you're injured. How did it happen, who's taking care of you, and where are your pants?

  • ...
23
 99
 8,059

Chapter 2 Part 2

Many facts brushed across your mind like crackles of lightning during a thunderstorm. You are the steward of the Sun, the gracious and magnanimous, retired, Princess Celestia. Up until a hoofful of seconds ago you were making your way across the sandy shore of the Eastern coastline, back to the beach hut you share with Luna, now you are… Ah, yes. It’s so clear to you as you have been here many time before. You were here as little as three years ago, in fact, with your dear student, now Princess in her own right, Twilight Sparkle.

This place is the Ascended Realm. Even after hundreds of years its ethereal existence never changes, unless you or one of your fellow Alicorns will it. You chose to never again make any more changes since your last as you have already made your preferred additions to it, but that matters very little right now. Luna’s night sky still glitters far above, with every dancing point of light exactly where she placed them nearly eleven-hundred years ago. Cadance’s radiant pool of Everwater still ripples and shimmers under hoof as it has done since it’s placement nearly forty years ago. Twilight has yet to decide on her contribution but she has plenty of time for that now. You have seen the size of her list of possible additions and she has… ideas. You dared not to crease the spine of volume one but it is safe to assume she has many, in both ideas and volumes of lists.

Without further procrastination you set off in a straight line through your contribution of enchanted, day-glow colored mist. It would have mattered very little which direction you chose, seeing as this specific pocket of unreality is doughnut shaped. An idea contributed by Clover the Clever. Her name was well earned, you think. You know that you will reach your destination no matter where you started so long as you never waver, always moving ever onward in a straight line, as by design.

Your beach attire didn’t come with you as you are now are wearing your royal crown, chest plate, and golden shoes. In this place they’re not real. Neither are you, but they exist here none the less, as do you. Your shoes make their distinctive click on the Everwater as you try to discover who else is here. Hopefully you will find your sun hat when you return. It was your favorite, as Luna had given it to you, and you would not love to purchase a replacement.

If you were to keep a list of such things, like who you would believe to be the next to ascend, it would most likely consist of Twilight’s closest friends. And you do keep such a list. You nod to yourself in agreement. To not do so would be negligent on your part.

The obvious top pick is Pinkie Pie. Seeing as friendship correlates directly to magic. Pinkie Pie has the most friends out of anypony you have ever met, bar none, including yourself. Since you became aware of her existence, you have personally witnessed on several occasions for her to unconsciously perform the lost art of extra dimensional teleportation, just for funsies as she would have likely said. It would be little wonder for you to find her here ready to ascend, probably with a basket of baked good of some kind, or a sheet cake. For some reason you crave something sweet and glazed doughnut sounds lovely right about now.

Next on the list is clearly Applejack. The connection the Apple family shares with the spirit of Equestria was clear with Granny Smith and has only grown stronger with each generation. It was most obvious to you the time when a very young and lonely Applejack raised an apple tree to sentience. From what you understood of the after-action reports from the local guard, the apple tree sprout named Bloomberg was quite the little chatterbox. At least until the magic wore off.

The obvious next choice is none other than the self-proclaimed Element of Awesome, Rainbow Dash. That mare has broken as many athletic records as she has bones in her body. Some more than once, bones and records both. Her stellar performance of the Sonic Rainboom, and her accidental invention of the Subsonic Mistfart, put the rainbow-maned speedster within a proverbial wing flap to ascension.

One would be remiss no not include Fluttershy next. If her obvious connection the the magic within the Everfree wasn’t enough, her ability to project her will to subjugate the local wildlife and most other creatures, including other ponies, easily sets her above the rest. You would be worried about her using her mind power for nefarious purposes were she not already the Element of Kindness. Both of those facts together keeps her from being any higher on the list.

And of course, one can’t forget the fashionista and the Element of Generosity’s friend, Coco Pommel. That mare has such passion for her craft and a strong will to succeed that it fills you with determination. You have seen much of her in the local news paper’s celebrity gossip column as of late. She has been spending a lot of time, both public and in private, with your little Twilight that one could mistake them to be dating. Perish the thought. For what could two mares even do together, without a stallion, no less. You shake your head to yourself in wonder. The mind boggles, truly.

You have arrived at your your destination, as off in the distance a familiar shape is made manifest from your day-glow mist.

“What the actual hell,” you hear familiar a voice say.

Your ears reflex, swiveling to the source of the sound. Your eyes snap to follow. Trademark smile number eight, one of your favorites, forms on your muzzle at the familiar face before you.

“Oh, hello Anonymous. Of all creatures, I didn’t expect to see you here. Weren’t you supposed to be on your way back home by now?”, you ask your little human.

The two of you are alone in the Ascended Realm. It is the way. Seeing that you two have finally come together, that must mean the process of assentation has commenced.

He appears the be trembling. Knees weak, arms like a mothers tomato pasta. He raises his graspers to point a single digit directly at you . He looked like he was having some sort of panic attack. This should be a joyous occasion. What ever could have come over him?

Author's Note:

Fun Fact:
I try to hide at least two references in every chapter. Some are more obvious than others.