• Published 10th Sep 2018
  • 8,071 Views, 99 Comments

Magical Medicine - yellowbastion



You are Anonymous and you're injured. How did it happen, who's taking care of you, and where are your pants?

  • ...
23
 99
 8,071

New Generation - Chapter 1

You are sitting in a strange space filled with… space? You’re not really sure. Glittering pinpoints of light, really. Hardly looked realistic as, during your more formative years, you had often stayed up far too late to observe the night sky through your very own telescope, but it looked like somepony put in a lot effort to make sure all the constellations were accurate and represented. The false night sky seemed to extend in all directions around you, as far as you can see, which isn’t very far because there is also fog blanketing everything in the distance for some reason you can’t figure out. The ground looks like shimmering, crystal clear water but it’s as hard as stone against your hooves, but it was not as cold or wet as you would have expected. In front of you stands a very tall, white Alicorn with a flowing rainbow mane that claims to have been a ruling Princess of Equestria, before the reign of Princess Twilight Sparkle. Oh, and you are Sunny Starscout. Can’t forget that!

“But, wow, you're an Alicorn! You must have so much magic! Why couldn't you just use your Alicorn magic to leave?” You ask in disbelief. “Magic has all sorts of amazing uses. There must have been some kind of spell to let you out.”

“I’m afraid not. When Twilight Sparkle locked away all magic, my sister Luna and I were trapped here in the Ascended Realm, locked away from the rest of the world for our own safety. We would not have left here until magic had been restored to Equestria eve if we had wanted. To do so would have meant that we would have been susceptible to the ravages of time.” The unbelievable princess replies. Seriously, you don’t believe it. She must have been, like, super old.

“You've been in here for two-hundred years!”

The princess, this Celestia, looked off into the fog. She seemed to be lost in thought. Maybe she was trying to remember something from long ago. She looked… almost sad.

“I'm sure much has changed. Perhaps he is still out there. Survived like we have," Her voice was quiet but you could hear it with perfect clarity as this weird place didn’t have any other sounds.

"Who's that, princess?" You ask.

"A creature, no, a friend named Anonymous. He was many things; Brash, boastful, arrogant, easily excitable, too clever by far. Often unpredictable, which is why Discord liked him so much. He is out there somewhere. I’m sure of it.”

“Then we’ll go find him. I’ll gather my friends; Izzy, Hitch, Pipp and Zipp. We’ll go find your friend, carry him on our backs if we have to.” You stomped your right hoof for emphasis. Hay yeah, it’s adventure time again!

That got a smile from the ancient Alicorn princess.

“You misunderstand, my little pony,” She turned her head to face you again, her magenta eyes sparkled. She looked… happy? But still sad. Can a pony be happy-sad? You would have to remember to ask Izzy later. That feels like it would be something that she would know. “Now that magic has returned to Equestria it is only a matter of time. He will find you, not the other way around.”

He will be looking for us? For me? That can’t be good. You could feel your ears flatten on the top of your head and your new wings with actual feathers and not made of magic and light clamp to your sides.

“Should I be worried?” You ask.

“Oh my, no. He can be quite friendly. Sometimes, overly so. But you should bring him to a tailor once he arrives. He insists on always wearing clothes to cover almost all of his body, for social reasons.

Wait, hold up. That doesn’t make any sense.

“ … When he arrives, from where? And if he’s always wearing clothing, wouldn't he already be wearing something during his trot to find us?”

She winked an eye at you. “That would be spoilers. Oh, you and your friends are going to have so much fun! I wish I could share some of the letters my little Twilight sent me about her many adventures with him. Alas, judging by your hocks, it looks like your time here is almost over, my brave little alicorn.”

You spared a glance down at your hooves. Where are your hooves?! You can still feel them but you can’t see them. You start to prance in place in panic.

“Oh no, oh no, oh no! I still have so many questions. About you, about Princess Sparkle, being an alicorn, everything! I’m not ready to go back yet.” You can’t feel any change but you can see less of your legs now. You estimate only a few seconds and it will reach your head and the magic would send you back to your lighthouse in Maretime Bay. “Please, at least tell me his name!” You were shouting now. Why were you shouting?

“He is no one. He his everyone. He is Anonymous,” The princess’s smile grew. It looked to be genuine now. “Expect him.”