• Published 10th Sep 2018
  • 8,071 Views, 99 Comments

Magical Medicine - yellowbastion



You are Anonymous and you're injured. How did it happen, who's taking care of you, and where are your pants?

  • ...
23
 99
 8,071

Chapter 7 part 2

You nosed open the front door and skipped out like a little filly into the quiet morning street. With a powerful flap and without hesitation, you launched yourself into the air where your could feel the wind furling under your wings and the early morning sun on your back. You float-dance through the air along the empty market street in gleeful, delicate torment. You are a menacing, unobtainable beauty of a pony. A golden maned goddess made manifest. You are the mailmare known as Derpy Hooves.

You are wearing your usual postal uniform, a navy blue cap on your head, and your well-loved brown saddle bags full of letters slung over your back. You’re ready to deliver the post that had arrived overnight. It may have only been a single package addressed to The Chezmerdillian but it is labeled for ’Rush’ delivery so you know it needed to be delivered to the shop before they open for business.

You hurriedly flap your way down Mane Street, the widest and longest street in Ponyville, toward the store where you needed to deliver the package in your saddle bag. That’s when you spot the pony.

Well, not a pony, exactly. You know who, and what, they are. There is no mistaking their unique look. It’s clearly the changeling that lives with Anonymous in the house North of town near Ghastly Gorge. What they were doing up and about so early in the morning had you curious.

You flapped in midair with very little effort. Out of curiosity, you drifted toward them a little bit while you watched them trot through town. When they turned the corner you flapped your wings to get a little higher. Over the rooftops, you watched them walk beyond town limits toward the Apple family farm.

“Huh. I wonder why they’re going out there.” You say to yourself.

“Why who’s going where?” A voice right beside your head said.

With an “Eep!”, your wings reflex and pin themselves to your sides and you drop out of the sky like a stone.

The voice that surprised you was back. “Hold on, I got ‘cha.”

Before you knew what was happening your rear hooves touched down on the cobblestone street. Then the hooves that had wrapped themselves around your barrel had let go and you fell forward onto your front hooves. The other pony must have caught you and glided you to the ground. You knew only one pony who could fly and was fast enough to do that.

“Thanks, Rainbow Dash.” You say.

“Uh, yeah, sorry. I was just, uh, wondering what you were doing? Like, drifting all over the place like that.”

That’s so nice of Rainbow Dash. She was worried for you. Maybe she would know why the changeling was heading toward the Apple farm. Or maybe it was a mystery! Oh, how you wish you had your honorary Junior Detectives badge. Maybe then the two of you could go investigate. You had to save up so many cereal box tops to get it and you haven’t even had the chance to use it yet.

“Right, heh, catch you later, Derpy!”

With a zoop, Rainbow Dash was off, most likely to go back to weather duty. You sat on your haunches in the middle of the street.

“Wow, she’s so cool.” You said to nopony in particular while you watched her fly off.

What were you doing again?