• Published 29th Aug 2018
  • 1,599 Views, 23 Comments

Rise of a Duel Master - Darth Severus



Spike has entered the Battle City Tournament. As he aims for the finals, he discovers secrets, both dangerous ones, and ones about himself. How will Spike handle these dark and mysterious secrets.

  • ...
11
 23
 1,599

Spike VS Starlight

Spike was walking to get a bite to eat, when he saw Starlight Glimmer waiting at the burger stand for him. She got up and walked over to him and said, "So, I heard you got some stolen cards back. The stolen cards were returned, except for my Blue-Eye White Dragons. Hand them over."

Spike growled, but kept his composure, "No. After what you did to Twilight's grandfather, keeping them and using them against you is the best payback I can think of. Besides, I won them in a duel against the thief, I just chose to give everyone else their cards back."

Starlight had a vein throbbing on her head and said, "I don't care if you won them fair and square, they were stolen, so it's invalid. Give. Them. Back."

Spike sighed, "If you really want them back, you'll have to duel me for them."

Starlight growled and said, "Fine, but when I beat you, I expect you to give them back immediately."

Spike nodded, "Of course, but do you think you can win without them? Everyone knows your strategy is to get your Blue-Eyes on the field."

Starlight realized he was right. She was an expert duelist, but without her Blue-Eyes, there was a chance she could actually lose, but kept her composure, "I can defeat anyone even without using my best cards." before activating her duel disk

Spike activated his as well, and when they drew their cards, Spike had one of the Blue-Eyes White Dragons in his hand. He also had some cards that would help him summon it quickly.

Starlight told him, "Since they're my cards, I'm going first, whether you like it or not." Before looking at her hand and choosing a card, "I play the Hitotsu-Me Giant in attack mode! Next, I set a card and end my turn."

Spike drew a card and smiled, "I set a monster face-down and end my turn." The card he just set was Maiden with Eyes of Blue. When Starlight would attack it, Spike would be able to summon Blue-Eyes right from his hand.

Starlight laughed, "You really are a novice if you're defending on your first turn!" before drawing her next card, "Hitotsu-Me Giant! Attack that set monster!"

Spike smirked, "Bad move, I expected you'd attack that monster. Maiden with Eyes of Blue's effect activates! I can negate your attack, and by switching her to Attack mode, I can do this! I call on Blue-Eyes White Dragon!" summoning the Blue-Eyes White Dragon card from his hand.

Starlight's eyes widened, "What!? Impossible! I'm the Blue-Eyes expert and I've never used that combo!"

Spike smirked, "Getting nervous? You should be, cause now it's my turn!" before drawing his next card. It was Pot of Greed, and he played it immediately, "With Pot of Greed, I draw two more cards from my deck!" before drawing Polymerization and The White Stone of the Ancients. "And now, Blue-Eyes White Dragon, attack the Hitotsu-Me Giant with White Lightning!" The dragon sent out a burst of lightning, dropping Starlight's life points to 2,200 "Next, I send a card to the Graveyard, set a card, and end my turn. But I'm not truly done! The card I sent to the Graveyard is The White Stone of the Ancients! Now that I've sent it to the Graveyard, I can summon another Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my deck!" before going through his deck and pulling out his second Blue-Eyes White Dragon card and summoning it.

Starlight was gritting her teeth in anger, thinking to herself, "How!? How has he already gotten used to using the Blue-Eyes, let alone summoning two of them so quickly!? If I don't think of something, I'm doomed!"

Spike smiled, "I can tell you're panicking, and it's the greatest feeling for me, seeing you squirm like you make so many other people feel helpless against your Blue-Eyes. But it's your turn."

Starlight growled at him, "Shut up! You're a third rate duelist with a fourth rate deck! I'm the best, I'm Starlight Glimmer! Nobody mocks me like this!"

Spike chuckled, "I guess I'm nobody then. Just get your turn over with so I can put you in your place, you spoiled brat. This is the best way I can avenge Twilight's grandfather, and I'm not giving up so easily. I've humiliated you enough, so just give up, you and I both know you can't beat me, I have two Blue-Eyes on my side of the field. Do you really think you can stop me?"

Starlight screamed out in anger, before realizing Spike was right. There was no way she could beat him. She put her hand over her deck, "A master strategist knows when to retreat. But remember this Spike, I'll get my Blue-Eyes back by the end of this tournament, and I will make you suffer for taking them and humiliating me like this!" before walking off.

Spike chuckled, "I'll be waiting for the day you get the cards to beat your best monster."

Twilight had seen the duel and walked over to her friend and told him, "Spike, how did you get those cards? I could tell you were blinded by pure anger, but you pushed through it to win the duel, even though Starlight surrendered."

Spike explained, "Starlight's cards were stolen, and I won them in a duel. I told you I'd never forgive her for what she did to your grandpa's treasured card. And I still haven't and never will, but this is the best way of getting payback."

Twilight sighed, "Spike, dueling isn't about revenge, it's about having fun. You're right, Starlight deserved something like this, but still."

"Would you have done any different?" Spike asked her, knowing that she may not approve of his methods, but she also wanted to make Starlight pay for what she did.

Twilight sighed, "You're right, I would have done the same thing. And I'm proud of you for standing up to her, most people would be too afraid to anger Starlight by refusing to give her back her cards. Thank you Spike, but just make sure you don't let your anger blind you like that too often. Anger can lead you down a dark road."

Spike nodded, "Right, I promise I'll keep my temper under control." before the two went out to get lunch like Spike had been doing before Starlight confronted him.

Comments ( 1 )

I am enjoying your story.

Login or register to comment