• Published 29th Aug 2018
  • 1,599 Views, 23 Comments

Rise of a Duel Master - Darth Severus



Spike has entered the Battle City Tournament. As he aims for the finals, he discovers secrets, both dangerous ones, and ones about himself. How will Spike handle these dark and mysterious secrets.

  • ...
11
 23
 1,599

Thestrals Attack

Spike was in the middle of another duel, and as usual, he was winning. After he got a new card, Magitek Knight he continued to look for another duelist. As he was walking, he noticed a person following him. Whoever it was, they were wearing a black cloak, similar to the guy who had cheated Rainbow Dash out of her Red-Eyes Black Dragon.

He walked down an alley, knowing the person would follow him, but giving him time to spring a trap to surprise them. The person, revealed to be a woman after she lowered her hood looked around to see that Spike was nowhere to be found, "Strange... where could he have gone?"

Spike had climbed up one of the fire escapes and jumped down onto the woman and pinned her to the ground. Just like he suspected, this woman was one of those punks with the disfigured faces that he'd seen the other day. "All right, I'm getting sick of this. Who are you people, and why do you think you can just go around and terrorize people by cheating?"

The woman used her legs to throw Spike off her and as she stood up, she said, "The Thestrals take what they want. We're looking for rare cards. And I just won three pretty cards." before showing him the three cards, each of which was a Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

Spike's eyes widened when he saw the cards the woman had, "There's no way a punk like you could have beaten Starlight Glimmer. You're just a common thief and a low down thug."

The woman growled and said, "That's it! Screw dueling, I'm going to take your deck by force, and show you what it means to feel true fear!"

As the woman rushed at Spike, Spike grabbed a nearby crowbar and smashed it into the woman's knees

As the woman fell over from the pain in her knees, she yelled, "Ah! My fucking knees!"

Spike told her, "Get crowbarred bitch!" before tossing the crowbar to the side, "If you really want to cheat, fine. But you still won't beat me, and nobody will ever believe a punk like you was able to defeat Starlight Glimmer."

The woman, still on the ground in pain said, "Heh, I suppose you're right, but that won't stop me!" grabbing at Spike's leg and trying to drag him to the ground.

Suddenly, a familiar voice called out, "Leave my friend alone!" before Spike saw Rainbow Dash run over and kick the woman in the face while she was still down.

The woman cried out in pain once more and said, "F-Fine, take all the cards I stole! Being in this much pain isn't worth being a Thestral!" before giving Spike multiple cards that she'd stolen.

Spike felt a bit bad about not winning these cards, but he was too angry at the woman to care right now, "Tell me, who are these Thestrals?"

The woman groaned, "I'll talk if you get me to a hospital."

Spike grumbled, "Fine, I'll get you there." before calling 911 and going with the girl to the hospital. When they got there, she'd been put on a morphine drip and Spike stood next to her and told her, "Start talking."

As the girl recovered from her pain, "L-Listen, I never wanted to be a Thestral, I was a straight A student at the Duel Academy. But then... a girl who called herself NM said that if I didn't join up with her, she'd kill my friends and family. She scarred my face like this, and I never stood up to her after all these years. But... now... her voice is gone from my head. I can't feel her influence anymore."

Spike now felt really bad, this girl wasn't a bad person, she was forced into a gang who threatened her loved ones. He told her, "All right, I may be crazy here... but I'll forgive you if you return all the cards you stole. One condition. I keep the Blue-Eyes White Dragons. I have a bone to pick with Starlight, and using her Blue-Eyes against her is the best payback I can imagine. One last thing. What's your name?"

The girl nodded, "Deal, I'll give all the cards back to the people I stole them from, I promise." when Spike asked her name, she was somewhat surprised that he cared enough to ask her what her name was, "Tempest, Tempest Shadow. Nobody's ever shown me any kindness, not even the other Thestrals. Thank you for being so kind. You know my name, what's yours?"

Spike told her, "Spike Drake. If you ever want to talk to me, just let your thoughts flow free." before activating the Millennium Collar to create a telepathic link between the two of them. "I'll see you around Tempest. Let me know when you're out of the hospital." before walking off and leaving the hospital.

Tempest smiled lightly, "I never thought anyone would forgive me for what I've done. What a strange kid. Maybe he can stop NM, maybe he's the one from the prophecy she always went on about." before falling asleep and resting for the night.

As Spike returned to his house, he looked at the Blue-Eyes White Dragons that Tempest had stolen from Starlight. When Starlight and Twilight first met, Starlight tried to trade and then buy her grandfather's Blue-Eyes White Dragon. He refused because the card had sentimental value to him.

When Starlight forced her grandfather into a duel, he lost, and Starlight tore his most treasured card in half. Spike said he'd never forgive her for that, and he didn't. But now that he had her Blue-Eyes, he felt he could finally get payback against her for what she did.