• Published 24th Apr 2018
  • 3,892 Views, 40 Comments

Fate Fell Short - FamousLastWords



Starlight gets a boyfriend and Trixie has no idea how to handle it. Of course, getting her own boyfriend to show her up makes sense, right?

  • ...
4
 40
 3,892

I'll Leave When I Wanna

The next day...

Starlight was reading a book on her bed. It was a good book, about how the world was not going to roll her if she was one step ahead of it. The characters were really engaging, discussing the reality that, well, not everything goes according to plan. Sometimes life has this way of telling ponies things, and well…

“Hey, Starlight!”

“Come in!” Starlight said, shuffling her book into her bookcase.

The door to her bedroom swung wide open. “Thought, I’d swing by to talk to you about something important.”

“Something import—”

Starlight gasped. In front of her were two ponies—or, well, a pony and a dragon.

“Starlight, I’d like you to formally meet Trixie, my marefriend.”

She felt like her brows had reached the top of her forehead. There was no way she could take this situation head-on again.

“Look, I’m still trying to comprehend that you two are dating and—” Suddenly, her eyes lit up. Her body shook on the mattress. “Wait, formally meet? I thought you two did that with Poptart and I yesterday?”

Trixie stepped forward, smiling and nuzzling into her dragon. “Trixie had realized something. Something important.”

“And that is…?”

Then, Starlight’s nightmares came to life. Her friend, a mare of great power and strength, smirked at her and said three tantalizing words that scorched her skin.

“Kisses are hot.”

And suddenly, Starlight felt like she was on fire.


“Poptart! They weren’t faking it! They’re actually together!”

“And what do you want me to do about it?”

“I don’t know, poof this reality out of this atmosphere?!”

“If I knew the spell, I wouldn’t want that to happen!”

“Why? Are you mad?”

“No, because then I may not be with you!”

“Oh, Celestia, then knock me out so I don’t have to see tomorrow!”

Poptart rolled his eyes. “Mares these days.” He looked at the castle and smiled. “Guess we really did pick the best ones out of the bunch, eh, Spike?”

Comments ( 28 )

8885659
FATE FELL SHORT THIS TIME,
YOUR SMILE FADES IN THE SUMMER!
PLACE YOUR HAND IN MINE,
I'LL LEAVE WHEN I WANNA!

:rainbowlaugh: Starlight, Starlight, Starlight.

They actually fell in love??!!

Is that what happened??!!

I went into this expecting black tentacles to explode from Trixie's nethers at some point due to the story thumbnail.
I only just went back and examined the picture more closely to realize that was an unfortunate consequence of the typeface.
Now I can't tell if I'm disappointed or not.
So thanks for that.

:trixieshiftright: quite cute
:duck: I kissed him 1st
:trixieshiftright: I kiss him now
:raritydespair: try it with your lips sewn shut!
:moustache: too late
:raritystarry:
:trixieshiftleft: It's a Trixie thing
:moustache: it's true
:raritycry:
:moustache: ice cream?
:facehoof:

JackRipper
Moderator

Noice.

8886179
That's what I've been waiting my whole life for.

Not gonna lie, for a second I thought that the letter S was going right into Starlights butt.

Yeeesssss... :moustache:
This pleases me...

Another great story!:moustache:
But dude, what is with you and, Poptart. Nothing against the guy, but that looks like your go to OC? Just curious.

DumbDog
Moderator

8885659

Try me at 15k

8886844
Poptart is my only OC so I give him cameo roles in a lot of my fics.

8887021
Cool. Again fun story to read. Spike, Trixie and Starlight have so much potential, and Poptart has been a very flexible and fun OC to read about.:moustache::trixieshiftleft:

DumbDog
Moderator

8887065
No I think I just told you get on my level hoe

8887072
I helped you get to that level. Don't forget the little people.

DumbDog
Moderator

8887078

That’s literally what I’m saying bro lol

8886129
Well, I give you mad probs for accomplishing both stories. My fingers would have fallen off :rainbowlaugh:

This ship is acceptable.

Poptart and Starlight, that is. I don't know what you were thinking with Trixie/Spike.

The dialogue in this feels... off. I can't describe it, but it doesn't seem natural. It's weird, because you usually have good dialogue.

Do you mind answering me a question I have? First of all, I really enjoyed this story. It got me laughing on multiple occasions. Anyways, I noticed that in most fan fics that include Trixie talk in 3rd person and as far as I know, Trixie’s never talked like that in the tv show. The only time she does that is when she refers to herself as “the Great and Powerful Trixie.” Do you have any idea on why bronies mostly perceive her character as someone who speaks in 3rd person. I just noticed how she speaks like that in your story so, I wanna know your thoughts on the way she talks. Just curious.

9032085
Thanks for reading!

Your comment reminds me of my endless hunts for a shiny feebas in SoulSilver back in the day. Instead I just went with a lvl 70 Milotic that I somehow caught with Great Ball because the stars aligned.

Okay, I had a giggle here too.

9626886
One sitting for 11k is impressive!

That's one unique ship. Honestly, I didn't think the story would end up with it becoming real (perhaps that's my StarTrix bias talking), but you made it work. 😊

Login or register to comment