• Published 7th Feb 2018
  • 2,763 Views, 143 Comments

The Prized Student - Kusayako



When the darkness came for us, we were afraid, so the the darkness must we become.

  • ...
16
 143
 2,763
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 22 )

What does she mean by the other six? Does she mean the Pillars? That was before the Elements existed wasn't it? It was certainly before Twilight's time, even in this universe she was only about 300 years old right? Or am I misremembering?

oh I hope they find the elements

8814638
No, not the Pillars. It's something else what was witnessed by Twilight.

I'm not going to say that this doesn't have potential, but the characterization of many different ponies is way off. They don't speak like their characters indicate they should. AJ, Dash, Twilight, they all talk in nearly the same way.

8814745
I'll try to work on their speeches ><

Looking good so far, from a story perspective. Overall, though, you would do well to get some practice with formatting; there are several instances where the perspective shifts without any noticeable marker or discernible pattern - just POOF! You're now being told the story from Twilight's perspective, and POOF! You're now back to Sunset's perspective, with instances of 3rd person omniscient mixed in randomly, all without so much as a horizontal rule to signal the change. Additionally, there appears to be a portion where one would logically deduce that Twilight is engaged in some kind of inner dialogue; without any noticeable change in formatting, this appears to be out of place and leaves the reader feeling unsure why it's there.

All considered, the story is still fairly entertaining if one can cut through the proverbial crap; good showing, and I look forward to seeing both this story and your writing skills progress further

8814955
I will work on looking for that in editing.

8814650 Interesting, I'm guessing it's a part of the lore of this universe then?

kudos for you. I was losing hope of finding new good fics. But this story is quite good, the baseline is interesting and you handle very well a possible OP character. I will follow it with interest

Hoo boy... Things went a bit topsy turvy...

8816195
Thank you so much!

Yeah. Celestia is not very good in the protection department.

This is amazing!

I rewrote the Description to make it sound better, Here's my version of it:

Four hundred years ago Twilight Sparkle was the Prized Student of Princess Celestia herself. She managed to attain Alicornhood and went on a journey with the purpose of learning about all the magic in the world. But now, after four hundred years of traveling across the world, she receives a letter from the Princess. Celestia requests her return for an important task. Her enemies will start to rise again soon, and Celestia needs help. The Sun Alicorn asks Twilight to watch over her newest student, Sunset Shimmer. Celestia has no doubt that Sunset will be a potential target for her past mistakes, and she will need the guidance of the Alicorn of Magic if she is to face them.

8920426
Oh my Celestia, this is so good. May I use it? I'll give you credit of course!

8920467
I gave it to you for a reason, Go ahead. If I end up feeling up to it I might give more potential edits, I saw a good bit in the part that I read. It's a good story, but really suffers due to the language barrier. Hopefully you'll get better writing in english and can rewrite the chapters along side writing new ones.

You know, I am curious if Celestia will curse the fact of calling Twilight back. With Luna being a jealous princess that is a warrior at a heart, combined with a logical minded strategist Princess like Twilight Sparkle. She may regret that when one voice is awake the same time she is and very willing to argue with her about such things, with Luna likely agreeing.

Also, will Shinning Armor make a play in this story, and if so will he be a descendant of her family or a pony they died a long time of go and maybe the reason Twilight is very security conscious?

8965901
Stop reading my mind.

8967829
Well, be unpredictable then. But seriously, good job so far and can't wait to see the three princess first spats.

When might the next chapter of this story be added, it is a vary great take on how it could have happened and I love it, your wrighting isnt to bad just some spelling and grammar mistakes not as bad as some story’s here and it has plenty of detail without dragging out the story to ridicules levels.
Love the story plz continue

Will there be an update soon?

Login or register to comment