• Published 24th Sep 2017
  • 2,546 Views, 16 Comments

Of Potions and Passions Untold - Bronyxy



Fluttershy’s not feeling well, so Pinkie Pie goes to Zecora to find a remedy. Unfortunately, the Princess of Randomness accidentally gets things mixed up and truths start to come out that some ponies would rather have kept hidden ...

  • ...
7
 16
 2,546

3 Friends are Always There for You

Her especially busy day behind her, Pinkie set off to spend some quality time with Fluttershy. Harry let her in as before and showed her through to her pegasus friend.
“Hi Fluttershy” said the chirpy pony “How are you today?”
“A bit better thanks” she replied “The girls all came round after you’d gone and we had a lovely time. The woodland creatures treated us all to cake and drinks and we had a little picnic in my room. It was all really sweet.”

Pinkie froze.

“Just to be sure” she said hesitantly “You mean a pink frosted cake and pink drinks?”
“Oh yes” replied Fluttershy “A beautiful pink cake – I’m afraid there isn’t any left now.”

Pinkie’s worst fears hit home.

“But the drinks were purple, not pink” corrected the pegasus “It was all very nice.”

Slowly, Pinkie got to her hooves, not quite sure what to do and walked slowly out to find the butler.
“Harry” she said slowly “The cake I brought round yesterday, and the bottle; please would you show them to me?”
Harry went out to the kitchen and found nothing but a cake board with a few crumbs and a bit of pink frosting on and an empty bottle, both of which looked familiar to Pinkie, way too familiar.
“Ooopsy!” she said, before running out of the door.

Following Twilight’s visit earlier, Zecora had been expecting Pinkie and sure enough, here she was. Pinkie poured out her tale of misunderstanding and asked Zecora what would happen and more importantly, what she could do.

“Pinkie my dear, in all your commotion,
You picked up the wrong bottle of potion.

It was not feather flu cure that you took,
But Heart’s Desire if you took a close look.

You worked for the best and tried so hard,
But the brews have mixed and their effects marred.

Twilight has seen me an explained what’s done;
She’ll tell you more, but make haste and run.”

Rainbow swooped over Sweet Apple Acres and saw a particularly muddy pony in a Stetson hat and flew upside down in front of her.
“Hi AJ” she said “Nice to see Fluttershy yesterday.
“Eeyup” responded the earth pony, continuing her work.
“Well you sound like AJ, but I’ve never heard a mud pie talk before …” chuckled the pegasus.
“Nope.”
“Er, AJ” she continued “Anything the matter?”
“Nope.”
“Nothing to do with hooves perhaps?”

At this the earth pony stopped in her tracks.

“Now, just what in the hay are you talkin’ about?”
Rainbow landed and pulled up one of her leg warmers, so her friend could see for herself.
“Oh, I see” said Applejack “You too, huh?”
“Yup” said Rainbow, poking fun at her friend’s accent, at which they both started laughing, and Applejack began to relax for the first time that day. Rainbow then explained what had happened and Zecora’s prediction for its spreading before the final return of her true colours.

Twilight opened the door to the Carousel Boutique triggering a bell on a spring and Sweetie Belle trotted out happily, summoned by the delicate tinkling sound ringing throughout the shop.
“Hi Princess Twilight” said the young assistant showing a sparkling smile “How can we help you today?”
“I’m actually looking for Rarity” said Twilight.
“She’s a little bit under the weather today” replied Sweetie Belle.
“Oh, I shouldn’t be at all surprised” said Twilight “Would you show me through please?”

Rarity was sat at a sewing machine, eye trembling with obvious tension.
“Hello Rarity” said Twilight calmly.
“It’s not my fault!” retorted the white unicorn “Every time I cast the vanishment spell and re-dye my tail and paint on my cutie marks, it just keeps leaching through. Every time!”
“You really must teach me that vanishment spell some time Rarity” said Twilight.
“It must be defective” replied Rarity, blubbering “It’s not working properly. My lovely coat, my beautiful tail, all going wrong!”

Rarity broke down in tears alarmingly in front of Twilight who had never seen her friend so down.
“Hey it’s OK Rarity” soothed the alicorn.
“It’s not OK! “ shot back the unicorn “It doesn’t happen to anypony else does it? It’s just me!”
Twilight took off one of her spats.
“Rarity, is it anything like this?”
Rarity looked up through a veil of tears and stopped in mid snivel, mouth falling open.
“What’s going on, darling?” she asked quietly, and Twilight explained.

Twilight finally coaxed Rarity out into public for an important meeting with a very special somepony, but she had still put on boots to cover her hooves. She walked a little self-consciously with Twilight towards Sweet Apple Acres, deftly swishing her tail away from anypony she saw to avoid casual observation and awkward comment.

When they arrived, they could see Rainbow Dash joking with what looked like an animated mud monster with a Stetson hat. Rarity gasped at the state Applejack was in, but overcame her usual reticence of dirty things once she realised that it was nothing more than a defence mechanism not dissimilar to her own. In fact it was probably a lot less stressful than constantly recasting the vanishment spell, re-dying her tail and re-applying her cutie marks on a regular basis. She sighed in defeat.

“Nice leg warmers Rainbow Dash” said Rarity with the beginnings of a smile starting to cross her face.
“Nice boots Rarity” came the response.
“Nice mud darling” said Rarity in her most sympathetic voice.
“Well, shoot” replied the farm pony “Ah’m just gettin’ in practice for the next Sisterhooves Social.”
This broke the ice, and all ponies enjoyed a good laugh together for the first time since this had stated.

“Rainbow and I have talked this through” announced Twilight “Whilst it is not the way we would have chosen to announce our love to Equestria, we have decided to roll with it and wear each other’s colours with pride. I know you two have been keeping your love more discrete than us, and so it’s going to be a lot harder for you, but it is an approach you may want to consider. Please know that whichever way you choose to go, Rainbow Dash and I will support you fully.”

“Applejack” said Rarity flashing her beautiful big blue eyes “I want you to know that I really love you.”
With that, she pulled of her boots and stood fully exposed in front of her marefriend showing off her orange hooves and yellowing tail. She had never felt so vulnerable in her life while she waited for her marefriend to pass judgement.
“An’ ah love you too Rarity.”
“Just one thing, darling” said the relieved Rarity taking on a more prim voice “Go wash yourself off first please.”
“Ah’m on it” said the farm pony, trotting off to find a hose.

“That was a brave thing you did” said Twilight.
“I can only begin to imagine the comments I’ll get” replied Rarity in resignation “But perhaps now is the time to come out.”

A pink blur suddenly materialised next to them. Pinkie stopped dead, a trail of dust settling behind her, her tongue hanging out, panting.
“I’ve been looking all over to find you” she panted “There’s been a terrible mix-up …”
She looked at the hooves and tails of her friends and stopped, no further words being necessary.
“Ooopsy!” she grimaced.

“Don’t worry Pinkie” reassured Twilight “We know what happened and we don’t blame you.”
“You don’t?” gasped the pink equine, eyes wide in surprise “I would blame me if I were you and you were me. I think …”
The three multicoloured ponies gave Pinkie a heartfelt hug to prove everything was alright.

Just then, Applejack walked over, a little self-conscious as this was the first time she had shown off her new colours to anypony.
“Well Rarity” she drawled “What you see is what you got.”
Rarity walked over to her marefriend and gave her and affectionate nuzzle.
“Are you up for what lies ahead, darling?” she asked.
“Ah reckon ah can do it if you’re by my side, like.”
And with that, they kissed; the first time any of their friends had ever witnessed such a display of intimacy between the couple.

“Come on girls” said Twilight, taking command “There’s one pony we haven’t checked in with this morning. Let’s go and see how Fluttershy is.”

With each step taken, the friends became less embarrassed about their new colours and relaxed in each other’s company, the two couples now very definitely displaying their affection more openly. Pinkie meanwhile was happily bouncing along behind them, relieved that things had worked out so well and that everypony still loved her.

When they arrived at the woodland cottage, Rainbow knocked at the door with her lilac hoof and Twilight covered it with her cyan hoof, both gently turning to hold hooves and share a quick kiss before Harry opened the door to them.

He gave them a slightly quizzical look then showed then through.
“No!” squeaked Fluttershy “I’m not ready to see guests today!”
“Fluttershy” enquired Twilight “Are you OK?”
“Yes!” piped Fluttershy “No! Oh, I’m not sure …”
“Can we come in?” she persisted.

There was no further response, so the friends all entered the rather dark bedroom to find their friend tucked up in bed, a duvet tightly up round her neck.
“You’re looking better today, darling” said Rarity.
“Eeeep!” replied Fluttershy.
“What’s the matter there, Sugarcube?” asked Applejack.
“It’s nothing …” whispered Fluttershy.

Rainbow Dash caught sight of Fluttershy’s pale yellow leg poking out from the duvet and noticing that the colour had changed to light green at the hoof, eye-motioned towards the others.
“Uhh, guys” said Rainbow “Doesn’t Discord have one light green hind leg?”
Fluttershy visibly blanched at the comment and quickly tried to re-arrange her bedding.

Twilight seated herself, making herself comfortable “Fluttershy, have we got a story for you …”

Comments ( 15 )

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Who is the Princess of Randomness?

8446604
Glad you liked it!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again.

8446637
Pinkie Pie!
OK she's not a proper princess, but who else can come close?
Sorry for any confusion ... :pinkiehappy:

8447234
Fluttercord for the win! :yay::yay:

“Uhh, guys” said Rainbow “Doesn’t Discord have one light green hind leg?”

I have only one thing to say.
i.pinimg.com/originals/2c/c2/a9/2cc2a9f0d8bb61dbc3a4908e257aa0ef.png

8450817
Brilliant - love the pic!
Great to hear from you again.
Thanks for your support - always appreciated!

8533273
I'm pleased you enjoyed it - thank you for the compliment!
I hope you continue to enjoy my writing.
Thanks for your support!

I can't wait for more chapters. This Fic is hilarious.

8541177
Thank you for your kind words and for having added this story to your favorites.
I have no plans to revisit this fic, but have other stories that I hope you will enjoy.
Thank you for your support!

Rainbow Dash caught sight of Fluttershy’s pale yellow leg poking out from the duvet and noticing that the colour had changed to light green at the hoof, eye-motioned towards the others. “Uhh, guys” said Rainbow “Doesn’t Discord have one light green hind leg?” Fluttershy visibly blanched at the comment and quickly tried to re-arrange her bedding.

Once my heart started beating again and I recovered from shock...this paragraph made me laugh so hard I cried.

I don't know why. :rainbowlaugh:

9232089
I'm pleased you enjoyed it!
You're welcome back any time!
:pinkiehappy:

"Uhh, chicos" dijo Rainbow "¿No tiene Discord una pata trasera verde claro?"

I-
I was hoping to see Flutterpie here. pwp
But the story was pretty.

Twidash and Rarijack here, love it so much. If there was Flutterpie I'd love the story a lot more but still pretty good.

Login or register to comment