• Published 8th Sep 2017
  • 3,888 Views, 66 Comments

A Displaced Chaos - Prince_Zodiac

  • ...
14
 66
 3,888

Chapter Sixteen: Small Conversation (Metal)


Chapter Sixteen: Small Conversation


Saying that Metal was impressed with the inside of Twilight’s house was an understatement. The Golden Oaks Library is what some might describe as a bookworm's ultimate treehouse. The hollowed out trunk contained within it shelves filled with rows and rows of books, each shelf categorized by type, and by letter. In the center of the room was a single table with a wooden pony head in the middle, and off to the side was what could be described as a, “scribe’s table.”

“This treehouse is awesome!” Metal proclaimed.

“Why thank you,” Twilight replied, glad to see the metallic creature had an appreciation for books. “But this is more of a library than a treehouse.”

“Library?” Metal barely held back a smirk, the irony of books being kept in a tree not lost on him. “So, is this where I’m gonna be interrogated?”

“Interrogated?”

“For taking out the rainbow pony?”

“Oh, well we still have to wait for Dash to wake up. AJ and Fluttershy already took her to the hospital so hopefully she heals up soon.”

“Yeah… again, sorry for breaking her jaw, or fracturing it, or whatever damage I managed to do to her… anyway, sorry about that, and I hope we can clear up the situation.”

“So do I, I would hate to label something like you as an enemy right away.”

“... why?”

“You’re something I’ve never seen before, possibly something nopony has ever seen before! Well, except for whoever made you, but that’s besides the point. You’re a machine right?”

“Uh, yeah?”

“Well, current technology, publicly known technology at least, is far more primitive compared to you! From our brief interaction, I can deduce that you are a free thinking, fully-functioning automaton! We’ve only had trains for a few decades, but you’re something far beyond what has even been imagined in our current day and age! There’s so much to learn from you!” Twilight then gasped. “If I figure out how you function, I could lead Equestria into a new age of technology and science!”

The loud squeal of excitement made Metal flinch from the pitch. Shaking his head, he looked around and grabbed a random book, one titled, “Equestrian Fables.” The pages contained what could be considered long tales of epic legend, shortened to the length of children’s stories.

“And you plan on learning all of this from me how?”

“Well, I can just ask you about your inner functions. Oh! Or, if you’re willing, you can take me to whoever made you and I can-”

“And I’m gonna have to stop you there.” Twilight look at Metal in confusion as he skimmed some tale about a mare trapped in the moon. “It’s Twilight, right? Well Twilight, unfortunately, I have no idea who built this body. I just woke up a few hours ago with no memories of this world to call my own. I have just about as much knowledge about my body as you do.”

I have knowledge pertaining to your bodily function, will that be useful to provide to this individual?

‘Hmmm… perhaps lets keep that to ourselves for now. Don’t wanna give them any information to use against us just in case that pegasus decides to paint us as the villain.’

Affirmative

“Hmm, I see. Well, I could take you apart, but I’m guessing you wouldn’t be cool with that right?”

“Considering the fact that you have no pre-knowledge of my body and how it works yes I would like to refrain from that option.”

“Right. Well, I suppose I could come up with some way to figure out how to study you without damaging you.”

“Well you get working on that. I’m gonna check out some history books.”

“History books?”

“Might as well learn about the world I’m gonna spend the rest of my days in right?”

“... good point.”

And so Metal grabbed a random book and began reading. Epsilon suggested simply scanning the book and learning its contents instantly, but Metal preferred reading the natural way. In his mind, it allowed him to learn more about the text, and all it contained. He would save the scanning for things that bored him. Like calculus textbooks.

As he skimmed through the pages, he found some odd similarities between some of Equestria’s history, and the legends he briefly skimmed in the “Equestrian Fables” book. Mainly having to do with the recently returned Princess Luna.

“Hey Twilight, was this Luna really…?”

“The mare in the moon? I saw you reading the Equestrian Fables book, and yes that legend is true. The history book you’re reading actually came out about a week ago. When Luna was introduced to the public, historians scrambled to reinvestigate all the legends and stories having to do with a second princess when Equestria’s matriarchy began, and found that most of them were true. That book mostly focuses on the events that occured during her rule.”

“Huh, neat.” Metal turned his attention back to the “Equestrian Fables” book and read through it again. Along with Luna’s fall from grace, there were also stories about an ancient chaotic spirit-deity named Discord, an evil tyrant named Sombra, a centaur named Tirek, a trio of sirens, and some sort of dark force known as the shadow pony. “Hey Twilight, you don’t suppose these other legends are true. Are they?”

“No, why?”

“Well if the one about Luna was true, don’t you think that some of these others could be real?”

“I understand your thinking, but there was evidence to suggest that there was a second princess in Equestria over a thousand years ago before Nightmare Moon returned. As for these other legends, there is very little, if any evidence supporting them.”

“Doesn’t mean they aren’t true. All legends come from somewhere.”

“True, but it’s more than likely that these legends were created to either explain phenomenon, myths of religion, or to promote the exploits of heroes. For example, although Starswirl the Bearded did in fact exist, many people created myths about his adventures, some of which Celestia confirmed herself were untrue. Like the tale of the Manus, an ancient entity that is the source of magic in our world. The legend tells that Starswirl discovered this creature, when in fact there is no such thing.”

“If you say so.” Continuing to read until he grew bored of the records, Metal set the book down and began to explore his thoughts.

This talk of his mysterious creator brought up his inquiries to his being here. After all, people weren't just randomly transported to other worlds, right? So what was his purpose? Why was he here?

“You alright Metal?” Twilight asked, snapping him from his thoughts.

“Yeah, just… thinking.”

Author's Note:

Here we are another chapter! Sorry that very little occurs in this one, didn't have too much of an idea what I would do for this one but this story was due a chapter and I needed to supply it. More stuff will start happening soon, once a certain chapter comes out. Anyway, hope you all enjoyed!

Comments ( 2 )

No offense but this stories chapters are a clusterfuck

Great story man update it soon please!
This is going in my favorite and most favorite folders as well as the incomplete and tracking ones.
yes I have a lot of folders I know but it helps to be organized.

Login or register to comment