• Published 8th Sep 2017
  • 3,888 Views, 66 Comments

A Displaced Chaos - Prince_Zodiac

  • ...
14
 66
 3,888

Chapter Nine: The Monster in the Woods (Lisa)


Chapter Nine: The Monster in the Woods


Lisa wandered aimlessly through her forest. She watched owls go from tree to tree, bunnies go from bush to bush, and hummingbirds go from flower to flower. All was calm and peaceful, and Lisa was enjoying the quiet. She began to hum a tune to herself, one that began to draw attention from the animals around her.

“Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars,” she began softly, singing one of her favorite songs. “Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars.”

She gently pet the head of a timber wolf as she passed it by, one of which nuzzled into her hand and followed her.

“In other words, hold my hand. In other words, darling kiss me.” The more she sang, the more peaceful things became, if that was possible. Everything in the Everfree, even the trees themselves, went silent, just to listen to her melodious voice, as each lyric rang from her nonexistent lips.

“Fill my heart with song, and let me sing forevermore. You are all I long for, all I worship and adore. In other words, please be true. In other words, I love you.”

She began again, the soft tone of her voice beginning to lull some of the creatures around her to sleep. This is why she was queen of the forest. Sure she may have been the strongest, and probably the smartest creature in the Everfree, but it was her ability to keep the peace that truly made her the queen. Her kind voice and calming presence would deter any creature from harming another, as for almost all of them, she had been around since they were newborns. Yes, she truly was the queen of the Everfree Forest, and the creatures around her were her loyal beasts.

As the timber wolf that followed her began to curl up and rest, Lisa smiled and pet the mystical wooden dog. It closed its eyes happily as she scratched it behind the ear, and gave Lisa a playful lick on the cheek. Lisa could only chuckle, and sung once more, until the wolf was asleep.

Standing up, she was about to head home, when she once again felt three familiar presences enter her woods.

“Seriously?” Lisa chided. “Weren't they just here yesterday?”

Knowing that nothing good would come from leaving them alone, Lisa begrudgingly walked towards the three fillies that constantly came into the forest. She began to wonder if she should either scare them out like should usually would, or just pick them up and literally throw them out.

“Ugh, maybe they're just going to Zecora’s again.” But she knew that wasn't true. She could already sense them wandering off the path into uncharted territory. Into the Everfree they came, and Lisa would have to watch over them.

It didn't take her long to find the girls. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were all walking side by side, Apple Bloom a little bit ahead of her companions and with a flashlight in her mouth.

“Can we please not do this?” Sweetie Belle asked. “I mean, I know some of the things we've done weren't exactly the best ideas, but this is just stupid.”

“Come on Sweetie Belle,” Scootaloo replied, “don't you wanna see it too? I've never seen a demon before! This is exciting!”

“Haven't you ever wondered why it's called a demon?”

“Hey, Zecora said she was nice,” Apple Bloom said, taking the flashlight out of her mouth. “If that's true, then we don't have to be afraid when we find her.”

“Finding her isn't the part that worries me. Being in here is.”

“We've been in here a bunch of times, we'll be fine.”

‘If only Sweetie Belle was a little more assertive,’ Lisa mentally groaned. Don't get her wrong, she loved the three little fillies, but they’ve wandered into the Everfree more times than she could count. She knew they would mostly do it to find their cutie marks, they were the cutie mark crusaders after all, but with the amount of times they came in here, Lisa was wondering if they'd gone insane.

‘Should I just let them find me? Ugh, but that'll ruin my cover. I don't need ponies trashing one of the last naturally growing places in the world just to find me.’ While she considered this, the girls managed to wander their way to the edge of a raven. On the other side of the gap in the earth was the castle of two sisters, in all its ruined glory.

“Whoa, is that the old castle Rainbow told us about?” Scootaloo wondered.

“You mean the one where they fought Nightmare Moon?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“I think so. It's right by a raven, and deep in the forest like mah sister said it was.”

“Hey, do you think the demon lives in there?”

“Only one way to find out!” Scootaloo and Apple Bloom walked over to the old wooden bridge that spanned the chasm, an action that both Lisa and Sweetie Belle could hardly believe.

‘They're not seriously going to,’ they thought in unison. But the moment Scootaloo stepped on the bridge, both girls had a realization. ‘Oh my god they are.’

“Wait!” Sweetie Belle raced forward, trying to be the voice of reason. “I really don't think this is a good idea.”

“Why not?” Scootaloo asked. “We barely weigh anything, the bridge will hold.”

“And if it doesn't?”

“Then it doesn't and we die. Come on Sweetie Belle, you can't spend your whole life worrying about everything.”

Sweetie Belle thought for a moment, took in a deep breath, and sighed. Then, she stepped on the bridge.

‘Are you kidding me?’ Lisa thought as the three began to walk across the bridge. With every step, the old wood creaked, making Lisa finch. She could only hope the ancient planks held strong.

And they would have held strong, had the fillies gone one at a time. But they didn't go one at a time, they went all at once. And, just like a twig in the hands of a child, the wooden planks snapped, and broke apart.

The cutie mark crusaders began to fall to their deaths, but Lisa intervened. Acting quickly, she ran towards the side of the cliff. Not deciding to make a gamble on whether or not her tendrils would be fast enough to catch the girls, Lisa dove into the chasm, extending her tendrils to catch the girls. With her falling, her extendable limbs were able to reach the fillies in time and bring them back to Lisa. She then took the screaming girls in her arms, hugged them closely to her chest, and turned so her back was towards the ground.

Her landing was, less than pleasant.

Although her tendrils buried themselves into the stone walls around her in attempt to save her, they only managed to slow her fall a bit before she crashed into the bottom of the chasm.

Did it hurt? Oh most certainly, but it wasn't the worst pain Lisa had felt. She did smack her head against the rock however, and now she had a raging headache, and the screams of the fillies in her arms weren't helping in the slightest. She groaned and rubbed her aching skull. And today had started out so wonderfully too.

Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle all finally stopped screaming. Looking around with confused looks, they quickly realized that they weren't falling. They weren't gonna die!

“Whoo!” Scootaloo cheered. “That was awesome!”

“That was not awesome, we could've died!” Sweetie Belle shouted.

“But we're okay, ain't we?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Ugh, I guess, but that was really dangerous! If the fall had been any further, one of us might've gotten hurt!”

“Oh come on Sweetie Belle, it wasn't that… far…” Scootaloo looked up and saw just how far above them the broken bridge was. If one had to make a guess, it'd be about five stories above them. How'd they survive that?

“Well, now that you know you're all safe and sound, mind getting off me?” The girls froze. Where had they voice come from? They looked down, and saw they were sitting atop some sort of bipedal, faceless creature. They immediately screamed and ran for the nearest cover they could find, which was a small boulder about a few feet away. The monster sat up with a groan.

“Oooh, my head.” She blinked once. Twice. Three times. Her vision finally cleared and she shook her head. “You can come out now. I'm not gonna hurt you. Would kinda be pointless to, since I just saved your lives.”

The three fillies peaked over their stone in both fear, and curiosity.

“Who… What are you?”

I am a demoness, and prefer to be addressed as such. My name is Lisa, but most know me as the demon of the Everfree.”

“W-Wait, you're the demon of the Everfree?”

“In the flesh. And you three are a group of troublesome little fillies that are constantly wandering into my forest.” Lisa expected them to be shocked that she knew them. She expected them to thank her for saving them, or feel shame for causing her so much trouble.

She did not expect them to pounce on her like a pack of hungry wolves, and ask her hundreds of things all at once. Sweetie Belle seemed to be trying to thank her, but her voice was overshadowed by Apple Bloom and Scootaloo asking question after question, barely letting themselves breathe.

“Girls, girls, GIRLS!” Lisa shouted, causing the fillies to halt their voices. “One at a time, please.”

“How'd you save us?”

“Are you really strong?”

“Thank you for saving us!”

“In order to save you I jumped off the cliff and caught you, I wouldn't say I myself am strong but my tendrils are, and you are very welcome Sweetie Belle.”

“Wait, what are tendrils?” Scootaloo asked.

“These,” Lisa replied as her tendrils came out of her back. One grabbed the fillies and set them down while the other three helped Lisa stand up.

“Whoa,” the fillies said amazed. They had never seen anything like these strange limbs. They could extend, retract, and bend every which way. The black extensions of Lisa's body receded back into her body, hiding from view.

“Now, let's get out of here shall we?”

Author's Note:

And there's Lisa's second chapter! Sorry it took a while, couldn't figure out how to end it. Anyways, hope you all enjoy!