• Published 8th Sep 2017
  • 3,888 Views, 66 Comments

A Displaced Chaos - Prince_Zodiac

  • ...
14
 66
 3,888

Chapter Fourteen: Versing Chaos (Gale)


Chapter Fourteen: Versing Chaos


Chaos. That's what he was good at, chaos.

Discord was a master purveyor of madness, so cultured in the insanity he created, that by wielding its power, to most he seemed nigh invincible.

The being in front of him was one of the few that could prove that wrong.

The robotic hedgehog glared with its one, crimson eye. The pupil in said eye was yellow, and it stared straight into his soul. Discord had always been wary of that eye. Even now, he could feel it stripping him of the fear and madness he shrouded himself in, identifying his body structure. His weak points. That eye was… unnerving.

Gale meanwhile held a very different opinion about his opponent. He, much like Discord suspected, scanned the draconequus for any noticeable difference to his form or power since that last time they met. His scans turned up nothing, which was exactly what Gale was hoping for. With a smirk, or at least he’d have one if he had a mouth, Gale stood ready to fight. Discord was powerful to be sure, but it wasn't anything Gale couldn't handle. He had beat him once before, he could do it again.

The first move was Discord’s. The draconequus flew forward, charging his magic around his fist and took a swing at Gale. Gale however, dodged the blow, ducking underneath the attack before returning with an uppercut straight to his chin. Discord grunted, but managed to use the force now pushing him upwards to use his long body like a whip, slamming Gale with the full force of his form. Both competitors were sent flying, but their determination kept the battle going. Curling into a ball, Gale changed direction mid flight and hurled himself towards the spirit of chaos like a giant flying buzzsaw.

Discord saw the attack coming, and swung his body around to meet it. Surrounding his tail in magic, Discord met the blue ball of death with a powerful swing, and sent it careening towards the ground. The pure force of the collision of earth and steel created a crater, shattering bits and pieces of the earth into dust that clouded the mechanical combatant. Though that blow may have looked severe to the inexperienced, Discord knew this fight had only just begun.

“Skill. I forgot to factor in skill.” The dust cleared, revealing Gale lying down, half buried in the ground, almost without a care. “Though your power and appearance may be the same, I forgot to factor in the possibility of an increase of skill. You've improved.”

“I can hardly say the same of you.”

“I haven't even begun.” There was a spark, and energy burst from Gale's body, crackling off his form like bolts of electricity, shattering the rock around him. Suddenly he was gone, and a second later, a steel knee implanted itself in Discord’s side. The spirit of chaos could hardly cough up the blood building up in his lungs before the kick came. Burying his foot in the back of his neck, Gale sent Discord down towards the earth he had just come from. Not letting up, Gale moved in for another attack, but Discord expected this, and maneuvered his body out of range, swinging himself around and headbutting Gale's side. The robotic hedgehog was sent flying, but soon recovered, and landed on his feet.

“Hmm, the way you move your body, it's like you're using yourself as a weapon.”

“Glad you noticed!” Discord shouted, firing a beam of pure chaotic magic. Gale deflected the beam before firing off his own energy shot. The bullet hit its mark, and exploded on contact. The smoke cleared, and Discord was gone.

“Behind you!” Gale quickly turned, following the warning of one of the onlookers. The draconequus was behind him now, his tail once again coated in chaotic energy, swinging right at him. Bringing up an arm, Gale blocked the attack, the pure force cracking the wall of a nearby building. But Gale held firm, which worked perfectly for Discord. Wrapping his body around the robot, Discord magically charged every muscle in his body and began to constrict.

“You seem to be in a tight spot.”

“Tch. Chaos…” Discord’s widen as he recognized the chant. He began to unwrap his body as fast as he could, but he wasn't fast enough. “BLAST!”

The explosion of chaos energy sent Discord flying, shredding a good portion of his skin, and removing one of his wings. Crashing against the ground, the draconequus slid a good ten feet before colliding with a wall.

Gale stood tall, showing off his clear advantage against the chaotic spirit. He strolled towards the downed beast, intent on either making sure Discord would stick around to be sealed, or ending the battle permanently. Sure enough, Discord was hurt, bad. A point blank chaos blast could kill almost anything, so the fact that he was alive was rather impressive.

“Damn… stupid… robot…” the chaos king muttered.

“You brought this on yourself,” Gale replied. “Now, are you gonna surrender, or do I need to finish this for good?”

Discord merely spit blood on Gale's metal cheek. In return, Gale kicked him, sending him flying into another building, collapsing it on top of him.

“Well, that settles that.” He was about to go check on any civilian casualties that may have been caused by the crossfire, but it seemed Discord wasn't done yet. Ripping himself from the rubble, Discord’s eyes were pure yellow. Energy was building up around him, and he turned his head towards the sky, and opened his mouth.

‘Great, a soul attack.’ Soul attacks were something only spirits were capable of. When outside of their own dimensional space, spirits are forced to form physical bodies to retain both their existence, and their sanity. However, they can temporarily release their true forms from the confines of their physical bodies, to unleash a devastating attack.

Wild, purple energy ripped itself out of Discord’s body, and flew rapidly through his mouth. The chaos magic spiraled upward, continuously expanding, until it reached the size of a full grown dragon.

It's body was long, and had no limbs except for the two wings on its back. The head much like Discord’s, but its eyes constantly rolled in their sockets. Its mouth was open, and it was breathing heavily.

“GRRRRAAAAAAAKAKAKAKAKA!” The insane roar of the true spirit of chaos. The crazy beast flew around rapidly, searching for its target. Once one of its eyes met Gale, it seemed to almost smile. “RAAAASHA!”

It dove, heading straight for Gale, who proceeded to roll his eyes.

“Honestly, you'd think after all this time, he'd wise up a bit.” Standing firm, arms forward, Gale was ready. Compartments opened up in his arms, facing his foe, and began to charge up.

Chaos focus complete in 5…

4…

3…

2…

1…

Chaos focus, aligned and ready.

“Chaos… BLAST!” Upon uttering the words, the energy which usually formed a explosion around the caster, was instead focused into a beam of pure destruction. The intensely concentrated burst vaporized about half of the spirit's body. The other half roared in pain, and veered off, before hitting the dirt, and unwillingly returning to its body.

Dust settled, winds calmed, and all stood silent in the amazement of what had just happened. This battle, was over.

Author's Note:

And here we have Gale's third chapter! The battle with Discord is over, so what next? Well, you'll all just have to wait and see!

Also, thank you all for your support! I know this story isn't as popular as the originals, but I hope that one day it does become just as much. Thank you all for reading, and let me know what you guys think about the new series so far!