• Published 6th Jul 2017
  • 1,970 Views, 18 Comments

Pinkie 'swaddle' Pie - Yosh-E-O



Pinkie 'Responsibility' Pie is hired to help foal sit for a new family in Ponyville. Who she meets and what she sees teaches her a valuable lesson about the feelings of others.

  • ...
6
 18
 1,970

Epilogue - Dear Princess Celestia

Swaddle and Pinkie discretely packed their ‘foal supplies’ before heading back to his house later that evening. They agreed that both had learned a lot and how none of the not-so-nice things that occurred would be mentioned to his parents.

***

Pinkie donned her role as ‘Silly Filly’ the whole next day with Shining, Swaddle Puff, Ash. They even took turns playing caretaker and foal while still tackling the chores that needed done around the house prior to Mr. and Mrs. Puff returning the following day.


***

“Thanks for watching our precious Swaddle Puff,” thanked Sandy Puff with a smile.

“We hope he wasn’t too much of a hoof full,” Cream Puff added with a blush.

“Pssh,” grinned Pinkie with a wave of her hoof. “No trouble at all.”

“Pinkie was everything we had heard and more!” cheered Swaddle while nuzzling against the pink party pony. “We want to have more time together so you two can have more mommy-daddy time!”

“so you…,” blushed Sandy.

Pinkie only nodded as she slung her saddlebag over her barrel. This caused one of Swaddle’s diapers to drift out and flop upon the ground.

“Oopsie,” blushed Pinkie.

Both parents blushed while smiling wide.

“I see,” nodded Cream Puff. “So you are an AF, too?”

Swaddle Puff helped to put the diaper that fell out back into Pinkie’s bag.
“She’s going to give it a try,” he stated. “She has a friend she met who wants to introduce her to Dr. Dummy and what he does to help ponies feel better.”

“Oh, Pinkie,” Sandy said while giving the party pony a hug. “Thanks for being so understanding towards our precious Swaddle Puffer.”

“It’s ponies like her who make it easier for me to be Shining Ash,” added the young stallion. “I think all the ‘hurts’ we have felt are going to soon be nothing but a bad memory now that we’re here in Ponyville amongst friends.”

Cream Puff beamed while wrapping his hoof around his son.
“That’s great,” he said lovingly. “We’ll get our foal food business off the ground and make foals of all ages happy and be successful no matter what any pony says.”

“That’s right!” cheered Sandy as she joined in sharing affection for their son. “A new life. A new beginning. And a new friend.”

Pinkie beamed.
“And a very super welcome from Ponyville’s official greeter and party planner!” she cheered while pulling out her party cannon and launching streamers and confetti into the air. “I’m sure you’ll make lots of friends and could even help The Cakes out by promoting each other’s goodies!”

“Of course,” Cream Puff stated. “Do let Mr. and Mrs. Cake know we have a box of our gourmet foal food for their twins waiting for them when they can come up for a visit.”

“Will do!” cheered Pinkie. “But I really need to get back to Sugar Cube Corner! Duty calls!”

ZIP-SHOO!

The family all waved towards the pink blur that left their home.

***

That night Pinkie pulled out a piece of parchment and dipped a quill into a cake-scented container of ink.

“dear Princess Celestia. Sometimes you don’t know how wonderful ponies around you are to you until you find yourself in a situation that makes you truly realize how kind and accepting ponies are to the way you are.

I ‘Pinkie Promised’ not to ever talk about a lot of what I got to see and do over the past few days with the new family in town but I did get a real lesson in how ponies have all sorts of ways to make themselves feel better when they’re not feeling very good on the inside. It’s important to not get caught up in your own feelings of what should or should not make ponies feel better. Instead you need to, as I mentioned about Cranky Doodle Donkey and Matilda, take time to learn how to share happiness and make them feel happy. The golden rule is such a bust as treating other ponies like you’d treat yourself doesn’t mean you are being a true friend to them. So I’m calling what I learned ‘The Cupcake Rule’. The frosting may not look like it will taste good but you have to at least give it a try before you make the decision to eat the whole thing or not eat it ever again. Even then you need to be kind enough to say ‘No thanks’ instead of just throwing the cupcake away in front of some pony who really likes that flavor of cupcake.”

“I’m now going to spend some time with a friend I had not had fun with for a long-long time! So you’ll probably not get another letter from me for awhile as I’ll be super busy reconnecting, making new friends, and working with The Cakes.”

“waiting for you to ask me to plan the next Grand Galloping gala, Pinkie ‘Silly Filly’ Pie.”

Pinkie grinned from ear-to-ear as she put the letter in the mail. She then headed for her room, put on one of Swaddle’s diapers, handed gummy a pacifier and put one in her own mouth, and drifted off to sleep.

Comments ( 2 )

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
The technology that allows me to 'see' what I'm doing on the computer despite being totally blind does NOT allow me to reply to comments on "FiM Fiction". If you would like me to respond to what you share I sincerely ask you to send it to me in a Private Message. I can respond to messages but cannot respond to comments.

Thanks for your understanding and patience. :)

I absolutely loved this story. Having Pinky write to Celestia was a brilliant way to end. You literally moved me to tears with this one. <3

Login or register to comment