• Published 6th Jul 2017
  • 1,970 Views, 18 Comments

Pinkie 'swaddle' Pie - Yosh-E-O



Pinkie 'Responsibility' Pie is hired to help foal sit for a new family in Ponyville. Who she meets and what she sees teaches her a valuable lesson about the feelings of others.

  • ...
6
 18
 1,970

Chapter 13 - Making Up

“It’s coming from the nursery!” panicked an audible voice from the other side of the door.

“Quick!” another stallion worried. “Open the door!”

***

“Hey!” called a pony as the sound of the crib gate being dropped could be heard. “How did you get in here?”

“Pinkie…?” another stallion wondered. “Is that you?”

Pinkie continued to wail.

“Hey!” the one who had seemed to identify her said while giving her a big hug. “Calm down. You’re safe.”

Ms. Pie felt the comfort of the hug along with the pats on the back she was receiving.

“Swaddle…?” she sniffled. “Is that-”

“-Shh,” he hushed while starting to rock the emotionally overwhelmed mare. “Just calm down and take some breaths.”

“You know her?” the other stallion asked.

“I do,” replied Swaddle. “She’s the one I told you was a total meanie down at the milk bar.”

The friend rolled his eyes.
“Then why are you being so nice?” he asked. “She needs a spanking. Not a hug.”

“Oh, no,” Swaddle retorted. “That would go against everything Dr. Dummy has taught us to be.” He then looked into Pinkie’s eyes as he stated, “Plus I think it is very sweet and considerate that you’d put on that getup you put me in yesterday just to try and find me.”

Pinkie’s eyes were very blurry from all the crying.
“Did I interrupt you two being foals?” she asked somberly. “Were you feeling all good inside feeling young again until I ruined everything?”

Swaddle smiled as he removed the bonnet from Pinkie’s head so her head was no longer obscured.
“Oh,” he said. “There’s far more to what we do than what you may believe.”

“We were actually in the middle of installing a new ceiling fan in my living room,” the other stallion stated. He, like Swaddle, were both just wearing diapers. However he appeared quite serious for some pony who was in ‘foal mode’.

“I’m sorry for being such a meanie,” sniffled Pinkie. “Can we be friends again? Please? I think I learned my lesson.”

“Lesson?” wondered Swaddle Puff. “What’s that?”

Pinkie trotted out of the crib.
“I learned, or should say relearned, how important it is to really know a pony before saying and doing things that could potentially hurt their feelings so bad that they don’t want to ever be around you because you are a thoughtless meanie-face head.”

Swaddle smiled as he gave Pinkie another big hug.
“Apology accepted,” he said. “Thanks so much for caring enough to try and find me to make things all better.”

Swaddle Puff then realized something.
“How did you find me?” he asked. “It’s not like you have any connections or are affiliated with the Ponyville AF?”

“Actually,” blushed Pinkie. “I kind of found out that I know a lot of ponies who are a part of the milk bar and what Dr. Dummy does. Even a close friend I kind of should have kept in better touch with who helped me see that wanting to be a foal for a little bit isn’t any stranger than wanting to bounce around all the time randomly singing songs and firing off party cannons.”

Swaddle smiled and laughed while resuming his hug and patting Pinkie on the back.
“Thank you, Pinkie,” he said. “I knew you were the right pony to ask to foal sit me.”

The stallion observing the scene shrugged.
“Think you could lend a hoof in installing the ceiling fan?” he asked towards Pinkie. “Six hooves are better than two.”

“Sure!” replied Pinkie. “Let’s go!”